HBO: † "The Leftovers" Series Discussion...†

Were you satisfied with the ending?

• Yes, completely. It was perfect.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • 50/50, I wanted a little more closure to some loose ends.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, way too much focus on Nora.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HELL NO! I wanted the mystery of the 2% disappeared to be explained.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Kevin went to the other side for them and barely got anything :lol:

Wake up and its all sunny no flood.

This show overall is sort of revealing this is a show about crazy ppl with mental issues. No supernatural angle.

Lol, I knew Kevin wasn't gonna get answers, if I learned anything from this show, it's that they never really give you a straight answer to things, and that's Lindelof's MO so I already figured that Kevin wouldn't learn **** lol.

As far as the flood, remember, what he did in the other side affected the real world so what I tool from there being no flood was that him destroying the other world meant that he saved the real one, the flood was coming but it wasn't a song that was needed to save the world, it was a personal sacrifice and that's what Kevin did, he sacrificed himself for the good of everyone else. This show is probably my favorite show of all time and that's not even a hyperbole, one of my favorite shows has been breaking bad but this show, there's nothing like it, this show has taken that spot for me
damn
u kinda broke it down
made me rethink my previous post
though............that explanation sounds so forced
idk whether this episode is genius or dumb
and thats how this whole series is
not sure if its good or bad
but i keep tuning in.
whats hbo gonna do when leftovers done
all we got is GoT left
i miss newsroom :frown:

Troll Game 1000

Wasn't The Merciful the name of the Sub in last weeks episode where dude did the naked stretch and fired the Nuke.

Another cool thing that idk if y'all noticed or not was that President Kevin's main secret service guy was Aussie Kevin, the cop that was killed by the 4 women mistakenly towards the beginning of this season because his name was also Kevin. I thought that that was a pretty cool nod lol

This show overall is sort of revealing this is a show about crazy ppl with mental issues. No supernatural angle.

Lol, I knew Kevin wasn't gonna get answers, if I learned anything from this show, it's that they never really give you a straight answer to things, and that's Lindelof's MO so I already figured that Kevin wouldn't learn **** lol.

As far as the flood, remember, what he did in the other side affected the real world so what I tool from there being no flood was that him destroying the other world meant that he saved the real one, the flood was coming but it wasn't a song that was needed to save the world, it was a personal sacrifice and that's what Kevin did, he sacrificed himself for the good of everyone else. This show is probably my favorite show of all time and that's not even a hyperbole, one of my favorite shows has been breaking bad but this show, there's nothing like it, this show has taken that spot for me
damn
u kinda broke it down
made me rethink my previous post
though............that explanation sounds so forced
idk whether this episode is genius or dumb
and thats how this whole series is
not sure if its good or bad
but i keep tuning in.
whats hbo gonna do when leftovers done
all we got is GoT left
i miss newsroom :frown:

You obviously haven't watched Westworld then

That's one way to look at it and I'd agree up to the sacrifice part.

The other Kevin straight up said take the thing out of me so we never have to come back here. Kevin didn't love or even like that world. Was just going there expecting answers but with ****** up Patty around he finally said **** it :lol:

Can't agree it was a sacrifice when he didn't struggle with killing them all.

Only thing left is to see how this teleporting to where the departed go is fake with Nora.

Troll Game 1000

Wasn't The Merciful the name of the Sub in last weeks episode where dude did the naked stretch and fired the Nuke.
Yes, there were mirror versions for both worlds.

Same way Evie said her family was killed by a drone strike and only she survived. Complete reverse of what happened in the real world.

Last edited:
Another cool thing that idk if y'all noticed or not was that President Kevin's main secret service guy was Aussie Kevin, the cop that was killed by the 4 women mistakenly towards the beginning of this season because his name was also Kevin. I thought that that was a pretty cool nod lol
I didn't notice that at all. 

He definitely didn't look familiar but Aussie Kevin had very little screen time I reckon.

Pretty much everyone that's died from s1 to now in the world the show is mainly set had a good chance of cameoing in that ep.

Shocked Wayne didn't show up giving hugs as the secretary of state :lol:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the thud that happens when Kevin puts his Johnson on the machine & the code being 6969
son I was howling at this. I'm a huge conan fan and he had  justin theroux on the show and it got super awkward when conan asked him about his package. had me dying when I put two and two together. 6969 made me spit out my drinks.

writers are effin master trolls man lol. with that being said this show should be shown as a flawless example of how to properly score and incorporate music into television. literally perfect. 

The other Kevin straight up said take the thing out of me so we never have to come back here. Kevin didn't love or even like that world. Was just going there expecting answers but with ****** up Patty around he finally said **** it :lol:

Gotta disagree with your interpretation here bro.

Kevin absolutely loves the other world. Just in the last episode Kevin admits to Laurie that the only time he feels alive is when he's in the "other world"

And his obsession with the "other world" ****** up his relationship with Nora which he comes to realize when he's reading the last page of the book he's been writing, if you notice all the flashbacks he gets during this scene are of Nora.

So he destroys the "other world" to eliminate the option of even coming back, so in a sense it is a sacrifice.

I also think Patti was the only one acting on Kevin's behalf, everyone had an agenda for why Kevin had to go back.

Patti was his "Secretary of Defense" she isolated Kevin from all outside influences to make sure what Kevin did was what he really wanted to do.

Kevin absolutely loves the other world. Just in the last episode Kevin admits to Laurie that the only time he feels alive is when he's in the "other world"

And his obsession with the "other world" ****** up his relationship with Nora which he comes to realize when he's reading the last page of the book he's been writing, if you notice all the flashbacks he gets during this scene are of Nora.

So he destroys the "other world" to eliminate the option of even coming back, so in a sense it is a sacrifice.

I also think Patti was the only one acting on Kevin's behalf, everyone had an agenda for why Kevin had to go back.

Patti was his "Secretary of Defense" she isolated Kevin from all outside influences to make sure what Kevin did was what he really wanted to do.

Pretty good analysis my man, bout rewatch the episode myself.

The "Inside the Episode" vid afterwards cleared up any confusion I had. defconzero defconzero your analysis is pretty spot on too. And your username to post content ratio is off the charts :lol: .

Very eager for the finale. Have a feeling Nora finds herself seeing her kids from a distance appearing as the elderly woman.

Last edited:
So was Kevin going to the other side to just not deal with the world?

At least that's what I got from his conversation and the way the other side has warped to this weird thing where he is president.

At least that's what I got from his conversation and the way the other side has warped to this weird thing where he is president.

Yup, that's the general feeling I was getting

In the scene right before we get the two Kevins in the situation room, Patti asks Kevin what he wants and Kevin responds with "I wanna go home" and Patti responds with "Do you? It's just that you've been known to say that before and yet you keep leaving home and coming here."

When Kevin snatches Patti's glasses off of her face :lol: :lol:

I regret being such a latecomer to this series though, I binge watched up until Season 3 Episode 6 over the long weekend and I've just been blown away at the writing and the performances by all of the actors. I love the humor that has become apart of the writing as well.

I saw an earlier post that said this show has jumped into their personal top 5, I feel the same way.

Yup, that's the general feeling I was getting

In the scene right before we get the two Kevins in the situation room, Patti asks Kevin what he wants and Kevin responds with "I wanna go home" and Patti responds with "Do you? It's just that you've been known to say that before and yet you keep leaving home and coming here."

I said that out loud to my girl before Patti said it. Kevin is willing to go because he can't cope with how his real life has turned out.

I said that out loud to my girl before Patti said it. Kevin is willing to go because he can't cope with how his real life has turned out.
and that's the ultimate deal with the show right? I think that's the best thing they did with this as opposed to LOST

they said outright that this was a character study. I feel like they wanted lost to be that way as well. How do people handle an event when they come from different walks of life?

replace island with the departure

the thing is though, they were explicit that there would be no "answers" here

so this is LOST corrected

We witness how people would cope with a situation like this

Nora shoots herself

People take advantage of others for gain

Cults arose

Some people couldn't deal (Perfect Strangers cast has one member fake a departure)

I love it, it's like The Mist but a series 

I see it as something he was infatuated with because it was new and played with mysterious unknown he's had to deal with ever since the departures. He was using it for answers and infuess fun if he was spending his time being an international assassin every time he went there.

I just don't see it as a sacrifice. Dude suddenly became the president, had to deal with Patti and what's her name who took over the GR and was like duck this place lets nuke it.

The way he let go of the place didn't show much attachment or struggle. It was more like the other world ran its course for him.

Especially if you're gonna look to how part of that ducked up his thing with Nora. That shows it was more like an addiction/obsession than a place he loved. I mean he got caught going there by Nora and when stopped and confronted a bit springs the lets have a baby proposition on her :lol:

I feel the other world is like the same thing Nora has being a fraud agent but secretly hoping one of these groups actually provides an answer or can do what they claim. In the end though, she like Kevin, is a broken person trying to fill that void and sense of loss in their life.

As for Patti she played a similar role to when she was being Kevin's ghost pal.

Back
Top Bottom