HBO: † "The Leftovers" Series Discussion...†

Were you satisfied with the ending?

• Yes, completely. It was perfect.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • 50/50, I wanted a little more closure to some loose ends.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, way too much focus on Nora.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HELL NO! I wanted the mystery of the 2% disappeared to be explained.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
but damn were holy wayne and virgil tropes

why did eddie winslow even agree to come on this for a role so small?

regina king just left in between seasons, no resolution to her fight with nora

nevermind jill and michael flirting around

why did kevin and laurie even have kids in the story?

the show would have been the same if she had just lost a baby

not that we need answers of course

i just wanted the show to have a point, something i learned or took away from it

it did none of those things

but damn were holy wayne and virgil tropes

why did eddie winslow even agree to come on this for a role so small? money i guess

regina king just left in between seasons, no resolution to her fight with nora they talked in season 3

nevermind jill and michael flirting around michael was too holy for jill.
She cursed in the church and pissed him off. She said some other stuff and bounced

why did kevin and laurie even have kids in the story?

the show would have been the same if she had just lost a baby tom and jill were essential. I think the baby was a reasoning for laurie joining the GR, combined with her n kevins issues

not that we need answers of course

i just wanted the show to have a point, something i learned or took away from it

it did none of those things

:lol: Eddie Winslow taking any role he's offered (plus there's been some sitcom theme or thing going on with the show).

Probably the first job hes been offered in years. Name aint been out there like that or relevant since he was with Superhead.

He praying for a Family Matters reunion.

As for Tom and Jill, Laurie had Tom before she met Kevin. Then she did and they had Jill. Its all a part of their story. They were in love, had a family and personal **** along with the Departures changed that. Everything to do with Tom got handled last season. Reunited with his mom and then dad. No longer lost.

Jill was a teenage weirdo. Cute and that's about it. Show was never about her. Maybe had 2 or 3 eps where she was involved with a subplot.

Last edited:
I didn't have a problem with them not explaining the departure, but I do have a problem with them not explaining EVERYTHING else.

Well it was great while we had it

Yes it was, and I don't think we'll see anything like it again for a while...if ever. The series was nearly perfect... I'm curious to see what Lindelof and Perrotta do next.
Eh, given the amount of weird sci-fi and fantasy fiction out there I wouldn't say Lindelof teamed up with somebody couldn't create something similar and even better.

To me I didn't think we'd ever get another Lost again and this isn't that but what Lost did great this show hit the mark just as well if not better and definitely improved on other aspects that made Lost great. Its a great example of learning from past mistakes.

3rd time might really be the charm.

Just finished the series. One of my favorite tv shows i've watched.

Since the beginning of the show, Nora bae has been a hurt, angry, lost person. She needed the machine to crossover and get some closure. She was left alone while her family were together at the other side. I know she was happy to see her kids happy and smiling but it must've hurt to see that they've moved on. The event that happened wasn't fair to her. It sounded like she didn't even go and finally get to say hi to them. She waited all those years and traveled so far.

I never even thought about that the people disappeared would be in their own world with 98% of the population gone. I'm glad that was revealed.

That was just a story for her to cope. Why do you think she looked so run down? All those years of sadness and retelling herself that story.

The story is just another theory.

Did yall not get the point of the finale and last few eps altogether?

Its about these ppl dealing with an unexplainable event. Not actually getting answers.

Last edited:
That was just a story for her to cope. Why do you think she looked so run down? All those years of sadness and retelling herself that story.

So Kevin can die multiple times and enter the afterlife but Nora bae is lying when she says she got transported to the alternate dimension where the 2% are?

So Kevin can die multiple times and enter the afterlife but Nora bae is lying when she says she got transported to the alternate dimension where the 2% are?
Who says Kevin actually entered the afterlife? :lol:

Kevin is mentally unstable like his father. From a practical standpoint he hallucinated during every near death experience. Especially since a lot of them dealt with a lack of oxygen to the brain.

He was the next messiah. Ressurected more times than jesus. Didn't he find out his father was in Australia because he talked to him through the tv in the afterlife hotel room?

The great departure happened so I assumed all the other supernatural stuff happened too.

I see his trips into that other world almost as a metaphor for him dealing with his demons. When he kills himself to remove the key, he no longer needs the world as a stage to face himself, so he destroys it. He doesn’t need to come back anymore, because he’s found closure in himself.

It’s a nice way to read the story without feeling unfulfilled with the end result or a lack of answers. It was more about dealing with this with these people than it was trying to find any true understanding or final answer.

We never really got answers because there isn’t an answer.

He was the next messiah. Ressurected more times than jesus. Didn't he find out his father was in Australia because he talked to him through the tv in the afterlife hotel room?

The great departure happened so I assumed all the other supernatural stuff happened too.
That's part of the genius of the show, it was never about giving answers to mysteries or questions so they didn't even have to answer the biggest mystery on the show.

Anything you thought had a supernatural basis to it has a practical take to it.

That scene did happen but on the show Papa Garvey did allude to where he was going Iirc.

Never believed Kevin was the next messiah. Might as well believe the guy on the boat that got ate by the lion/tiger was actually god.

When Matt just stopped believing and giving a **** I thought it was definitively clear there's a choice in how you can view the show and it works either way.

Being able to visit the afterlife multiple times and traveling to an alternate reality / dimension is cool as hell.

If Kevin doesn't have anything supernatural about him then he's as close to a human will get to being wolverine. Dude got poisoned and buried in the ground and rose up. Scumbag john shot him in the gut and he survived. Plus he drowned 2-3 times and returned.

He's a relatively young resilent dude :lol:

They basically "killed" Kevin each time in a way where in the real world a person has survived it; bullet to the gut, bunch of ppl have been brought back from drowning and even after being dead firna few minutes, and that poison was some fugazi home made ****.

Perhaps if he got hung from a rope, shot in the head, or stabbed in the heart/major artery there'd be some real supernatural **** to his ability to survive them.

Back
Top Bottom