HBO documentary "Reagan" 9pm est

I had to turn this !@!@!%%# before I threw up.
30t6p3b.gif
D-list actor and D-list president.

I had to turn this !@!@!%%# before I threw up.
30t6p3b.gif
D-list actor and D-list president.

Originally Posted by Essential1

I'm going to regret asking you.. But rashii are you implying Reagan was a Liberal?

Reagan was no "liberal". Like I said, outside of him being a politician he had great principles. Before he became "politically active", his words would align more with what I would agree with. When he became "politically active" he knew he had to sacrifice because of what the party transitioned to and Irving Kristol, Bill Buckley, and the other NeoCons took over. The NeoCons and Country Club Republicans hated Reagan with a passion, he couldn't even find a running mate after he won the primary. Papa Bush probably hated him the most, that's why he tried to have him killed. I don't understand why this isn't more well known. The guy who shot Reagan in '81 was the son of Papa Bush's biggest campaign donor during the primary. Then he got off for "insanity"...

Getting off track, he surrounded himself with evil people. They were Papa Bush's people, all NeoCons. I'm not calling him a "liberal", but his policies that were exercised in mirror of what a Democrat president would have done. Because NeoCons are just Democrats under the Republican umbrella, they were New Dealers but wanted a huge National Defense. That's the only difference between NeoCons and Democrats. Ironically enough, Bill Kristol was on Morning Joe today explaining what Neo-Conservatism is.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Fast forward to 10:20. Jeeze Krtistol is an idiot, I hate this guy.

Originally Posted by Essential1

I'm going to regret asking you.. But rashii are you implying Reagan was a Liberal?

Reagan was no "liberal". Like I said, outside of him being a politician he had great principles. Before he became "politically active", his words would align more with what I would agree with. When he became "politically active" he knew he had to sacrifice because of what the party transitioned to and Irving Kristol, Bill Buckley, and the other NeoCons took over. The NeoCons and Country Club Republicans hated Reagan with a passion, he couldn't even find a running mate after he won the primary. Papa Bush probably hated him the most, that's why he tried to have him killed. I don't understand why this isn't more well known. The guy who shot Reagan in '81 was the son of Papa Bush's biggest campaign donor during the primary. Then he got off for "insanity"...

Getting off track, he surrounded himself with evil people. They were Papa Bush's people, all NeoCons. I'm not calling him a "liberal", but his policies that were exercised in mirror of what a Democrat president would have done. Because NeoCons are just Democrats under the Republican umbrella, they were New Dealers but wanted a huge National Defense. That's the only difference between NeoCons and Democrats. Ironically enough, Bill Kristol was on Morning Joe today explaining what Neo-Conservatism is.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Fast forward to 10:20. Jeeze Krtistol is an idiot, I hate this guy.

Originally Posted by rashi

Outside of him being a politician, I admire the man. Terrible President.

Too bad the man sacrificed his principles in order garner political expediency. I don't know if you can blame him, though, considering Mr. CIA Papa Bush tried to have him killed. I never understood the idolatry.

In politics, you have to allow perfect to not be the enemy of good. Calvin Coolidge was the last President to have respect for limited government, seperation of power and the Constitution. Among the post war Presidents, from a libertarian stand point (even from one as emphatic as yours) is there any other President who you would consider to be the best or rather the least worst?

Too bad the man sacrificed his principles in order garner political expediency. I don't know if you can blame him, though, considering Mr. CIA Papa Bush tried to have him killed. I never understood the idolatry.

In politics, you have to allow perfect to not be the enemy of good. Calvin Coolidge was the last President to have respect for limited government, seperation of power and the Constitution. Among the post war Presidents, from a libertarian stand point (even from one as emphatic as yours) is there any other President who you would consider to be the best or rather the least worst?

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

I don't really like getting into ranking Presidents because I don't believe in the State, but if i must...

Top 3 All-Time "best" regarding my empathy

1. Grover Cleveland (Probably the most libertarian President)
2. Coolidge
3. Harding

Top 3 Worst

1. Lincoln
2. Wilson
3. FDR

I can't say who I would rank from Best to Worst post war. They are all equally bad, all intervened in foreign conflicts, all had inflationary policies, all increased government power, and all have decreased the Standard of Living significantly. I'm extremely critical of Reagan because he was "that guy". He was the Goldwater that was elected. Unfortunately, he was surrounded by terrible people.

I don't really like getting into ranking Presidents because I don't believe in the State, but if i must...

2. Coolidge
3. Harding

Top 3 Worst

1. Lincoln
2. Wilson
3. FDR

I can't say who I would rank from Best to Worst post war. They are all equally bad, all intervened in foreign conflicts, all had inflationary policies, all increased government power, and all have decreased the Standard of Living significantly. I'm extremely critical of Reagan because he was "that guy". He was the Goldwater that was elected. Unfortunately, he was surrounded by terrible people.

2. Coolidge
3. Harding

Top 3 Worst

1. Lincoln
2. Wilson
3. FDR

sick.gif
FDR on your Top 3 Worst?

2. Coolidge
3. Harding

Top 3 Worst

1. Lincoln
2. Wilson
3. FDR

sick.gif
FDR on your Top 3 Worst?

Originally Posted by xJoRDaNHeaD

sick.gif
FDR on your Top 3 Worst?

FDR was a tyrant just like the latter 2. Everything you learned about FDR and Lincoln is and was a lie.

sick.gif
FDR on your Top 3 Worst?

FDR was a tyrant just like the latter 2. Everything you learned about FDR and Lincoln is and was a lie.

Lincoln worst president????? Sigh....

Then Wilson... Then FDR...

Cue Ed Lover C'mon Son Pic.

Not someone like Franklin Pierce... Not James Buchanan...Not Hoover... Not Andrew Johnson... You could have even said William Henry Harrison (just for being an idiot making an 1hr 45 minute speech in the middle of winter with no coat on to be a tough guy)...

And one of your 3 best is also one of the most Corrupt Administrations in the past 100 years..

Just based of the 2011 Presidential Poll..
1. FDR
2. Lincoln
6. Wilson
21. Cleveland
28. Coolidge
38. Harding

Lincoln worst president????? Sigh....

Then Wilson... Then FDR...

Cue Ed Lover C'mon Son Pic.

Not someone like Franklin Pierce... Not James Buchanan...Not Hoover... Not Andrew Johnson... You could have even said William Henry Harrison (just for being an idiot making an 1hr 45 minute speech in the middle of winter with no coat on to be a tough guy)...

And one of your 3 best is also one of the most Corrupt Administrations in the past 100 years..

Just based of the 2011 Presidential Poll..
1. FDR
2. Lincoln
6. Wilson
21. Cleveland
28. Coolidge
38. Harding

sick.gif
FDR on your Top 3 Worst?

Please elaborate on these lies or what we should know. 

Knowledge is Power!
glasses.gif

sick.gif
FDR on your Top 3 Worst?

Please elaborate on these lies or what we should know. 

Knowledge is Power!
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom