HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

I just beat 2 last week. Idk what peoples problems were with it. I thought it was great.

Well I know what the problems are. They arent real to me.

The show should split the second game into two seasons at least

I just beat 2 last week. Idk what peoples problems were with it. I thought it was great.

I think the guy that heads HBO hinted that the other week on The Watch podcast.

I get it and they made a similar point on the pod but idk man… video games are inherently violent, its hard to think of many video games that are iconic that don’t have a violent element, and Last of Us did a great job of creating very artistic violence.

Would also help emphasize the theme of it being an apocalypse. Bullets are scarce, most of these people aren’t military trained. Its very in your face violence.

But I get it. Cant really take that stance with 2 though.

Yeah, I get the approach. Druckmann and Main have been emphasizing the human element of the story and how dire everyone's situation really is. Have they done a good job relaying through the pacing of the show so far? I think so. With the time jumps, you would assume that Joel and Ellie's relationship has grown. I understand the argument that certain moments of the game weren't filmed to capture the same emotion, but I still think the show works.

maxresdefault-1605111824.jpg

I wanna be like this for 9+ hours straight.

the lack of violence really minimizes the feeling of despair you get in the game, which i think adds to the story. would be cool if they incorporate at least one gun fight where joel is low on bullets. ultimately this is meant for a tv audience though so i get it.

They spent an hour on a love story that wasn't even in the game and then cut the entire college scene, :lol:

The end of that episode is so damn anticlimactic.

It’s weird seeing people complain about “game purist” opinions on this show.

y’all were just raving about how amazing the first episode was cause it was filmed shot for shot just like the game.

Make up your mind.

What's even funnier is people hyping the hell outta this show.

The game does everything better outside of Henry/Sam and the sniper scene.

The Jakarta scene was dope, wish we got more stuff like that.

Tendril/fungus being connected is also pretty cool.

The show is alright so far, but the 1st game is a damn masterpiece.

Last edited:
I mean the show can deviate from the game and still be a really good show.

I wouldn't want it to be a shot for shot recreation of the game, it still has to take liberties. Sure, there are some elements that made the story in the game work better than the show. But they're still trying to condense like a 15 hour playthrough into 10 hours.

Yeah it’s enough elements in the second game to do more than 2 seasons

It can.

It can also deviate and not be really good.

There are certain scenes in this show that just don't hit nearly as hard as they did in the game.

The end of E6 is so damn weak compared to the game, it's laughably bad.

I agree that the last episode was the weakest of the season so far, in the context of the game. It's still a great show though. imo.

Lack of violence? We just had a squad of people get killed by hundreds of infected and then saw a brother kill his younger brother he was protecting before killing himself.

Lack of violence? We just had a squad of people get killed by hundreds of infected and then saw a brother kill his younger brother he was protecting before killing himself.
yeah but people want 56 year old Joel to hulk out and take down 20 humans, 10 clickers, and 2 bloaters armed with 2 scissors, ducktape, a pistol and a beer bottle per episode.

You forgot a brick bro! GOAT weapon :pimp:
Tbh I would have expected a brick to a raiders dome by now :lol: But the relative lack of action vs a video game isn't bothering me. This episode was for sure a slower pace than the others (save for ep 3), but its setting up the final story arc.

We get Ellie's background, then 2 episodes for things to hit the fan. And maybe all this restraint is to contrast what happens at the end?

Tbh I would have expected a brick to a raiders dome by now :lol: But the relative lack of action vs a video game isn't bothering me. This episode was for sure a slower pace than the others (save for ep 3), but its setting up the final story arc.

We get Ellie's background, then 2 episodes for things to hit the fan. And maybe all this restraint is to contrast what happens at the end?
This is probably it. When we see joel finally get his blood lust in the last episode, it would contrast all the perceived non-violence in the earlier episode.

This thread is going to be a nightmare come season 2. If you don’t like the show don’t watch. Btw I’m team Brick and I fully expect to see Joel go crazy here soon. If he doesn’t then we will see. Show has still been great as a hard game supporter. Better then the game no but I didn’t expect that

I agree that the last episode was the weakest of the season so far, in the context of the game. It's still a great show though. imo.

I said this and got railed for it. This last episode was pure garbage compared to what it should have been. AND NO it didn’t need to be shot for shot but to skip the ENTIRE college section was just bad.

Hell Bills town was also largely skipped and I was ok with that but man they missed on this episode.

Now Sam and Henry hit even harder than the game and that’s hard to do. That’s how you’re supposed to do a retake.

Back
Top Bottom