HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

Lack of violence? We just had a squad of people get killed by hundreds of infected and then saw a brother kill his younger brother he was protecting before killing himself.

I think the complaint is since it's on HBO they expected to see more violence and gore and not less than on TWD

I think the complaint is since it's on HBO they expected to see more violence and gore and not less than on TWD
I'm a casual TV viewer that doesn't lean toward any specific genres. Especially watching this with my wife, I can say excessive violence/gore would turn us off. With the exception of Sam, some of the heaviest and most violent deaths weren't even displayed to viewers. I honestly thought there would be more action, but the level of violence/gore is just right for me.

All it takes is a smidge of reading comprehension to understand where some of the praise and some of the hate comes from with the video game crowd. Comparing this show to TWD in any capacity is stupid. For those saying they wanted more gore I can for sure understand why as that’s a core underlying theme of the story.

Let me say this just in case one of you crybabies actually read it and understand what we are saying.

I’m OKAY with less gore, not OKAY with subtracted or skipped plot lines that drive the story forward. I doesn’t NEED TO BE SHOT FOR SHOT. We’re OKAY with changes and deviations. All we are saying is, some of it has worked. Some not so much.

Gotta level expectations a bit tho. We're watching a 20+ hr video game get condensed into a 10 hour show. Unfortunately some important stuff is getting skipped/condensed, which seems to be a lot of the various "battles" against nameless enemies. Yeah a panic-filled battle is fun to watch but the plot is being pushed forward without it, in favor of relationship/world building between the main characters. And yeah, I know there's growth in the college thru the video game fights, but we still more or less get that here. I still hope this is all to juxtapose how intense the ending is supposed to be.

All it takes is a smidge of reading comprehension to understand where some of the praise and some of the hate comes from with the video game crowd. Comparing this show to TWD in any capacity is stupid. For those saying they wanted more gore I can for sure understand why as that’s a core underlying theme of the story.

Let me say this just in case one of you crybabies actually read it and understand what we are saying.

I’m OKAY with less gore, not OKAY with subtracted or skipped plot lines that drive the story forward. I doesn’t NEED TO BE SHOT FOR SHOT. We’re OKAY with changes and deviations. All we are saying is, some of it has worked. Some not so much.

Are you talking to me?

yea. They been doing a ton of walking and barely and infected. I Can agree with that. I know in the game I was watching my back like crazy :lol:

Name calling now and in all caps. It’s getting spicy. Infected are back this week so hopefully some of y’all will be happy but I do have feeling some in here will be upset about David not being the same

not sure you can fit david into the show storyline at this point, at least not in the same way it's done in the game.

Wow its not? Thats a shame, the Winter Arc is my favourite part of the game. If something like this happened in real life, mankind would get that terrible.

Wow its not? Thats a shame, the Winter Arc is my favourite part of the game. If something like this happened in real life, mankind would get that terrible.
I didn’t know for sure. I have not read anything in the last few episodes. I just don’t expect it to get that far as in the game.

No winter arc?? Bruh. That story segment is so tough and intense.

Show really ain't it. I had high hopes. Strike 1 and 2 was casting and pointless 'new scenes'. You can't differentiate from source material that much and expect us not to compare it and notice the flaws and fails. Deviations, when they work, are more than welcome. But when it doesn't even drive the story, what are we really doing

There is a winter arc. There is a David. Relax no one said there wasn’t a winter arc. Y’all making up stuff now. I just said I didn’t think David would act the same as in the game

There is a winter arc. There is a David. Relax no one said there wasn’t a winter arc. Y’all making up stuff now. I just said I didn’t think David would act the same as in the game
I think they already hinted David’s “actions” wouldn’t be as extreme as the game.

I don’t think you need additional violence, but like someone said, the tension is missing. They’ve cut out several highly memorable segments of the game that are extremely stressful the first time you go through them :lol:

Honestly, if you’re good at the game, you can technically sneak through and run past a lot of it, so it doesn’t necessarily mean “I want to see more gore”. Also, those segments aren’t pointless, because while you go through them, you go find a lot of notes that provide interesting backstory (for example, what the students went through in the college dorms during the outbreak).

I don’t think that anyone is being a giant comic book nerd and saying “THIS SHOW IS TRASH, 0/10”. When I mentioned backstory, I think that’s something that the show has done well. I loved seeing what was happening throughout the world with the emergence of the outbreak, something that you only get to read about throughout the game.

It’s just that there’s been a few times where I’ve thought “oh @$@$, they’re about to come up to _____ that made me sweat the first time I played it” and then it gets completely ignored or barely mentioned. It’s just a bit disappointing, that’s all

Back
Top Bottom