HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

This is the backstory when she says she doesn’t want to lose someone again. And how she doesn’t want to lose Joel. It maybe have been the weakest but it creates an important piece. This occurs about 3 weeks before the start of the show/game.
Episode one was focused on Joel. This episode was definitely Elle heavy to provide her background, which we haven't gotten much of besides conversations with Tess or Joel.

This added a lot of layers to her character.

I think it also highlights when she mentioned to Joel that has taken a life before. It also adds context to the one episode when she went downstairs to play around with the gun and it appeared she was sadistic in killing the infected. She clearly hates them.

I wish we could've seen when she discovered she was spared from the fate of her first love. :frown:

I still remember when I first saw MK2 at my local arcade 30 years ago or so. Same reaction. Although initially it was all about Liu Kang because they gave him a bicycle kick.
MK2 was a huge leap over MK1. The graphics, the gameplay. My favorite out of the early games.

Storm Reid and Bella were amazing in this ep. Top tier acting by Bella just with her facial expressions. When she realized she got bit. Whew. Amazing actress.

Casting director hit it out of the park with all the guest stars :pimp: Give this show it’s flowers for the Emmys already💐💐
It's ridiculous when the haters are still claiming Bella is a bad actress.

It's ridiculous when the haters are still claiming Bella is a bad actress.
I'm not saying she's a bad actress but I'm just seeing her way too often in the shows/movies I watch. It was the way I felt Zendaya a couple years ago.

I am not knocking either of them for getting their money for these opportunities

Can’t stand watching any teenage drama/romance in any type of media, so I fast forwarded through most of the episode. It’s just not for me at all.

I wouldn’t mind the existence of this episode though if there weren’t only 9 episodes this season…

I thought it was the slowest one, and they didn't need to show the infected waking up, because we all knew it was coming eventually.

I still enjoyed it, because it was good acting and filled in more blanks.

I liked this alot more than the Bill Frank episode.

WORST

OPINION

EVER!!!!
DC92AAE6-FA62-4947-9E15-B3573AB97856.gif

they must have forgot about all the violence that happened in left behind. should have at least shown ellie on the horse with joel on the makeshift sled at the end. no helicopter scene?

should have dropped this episode after the season to mimic the dlc drop. kinda killed the flow of the season imo.

i am really, really enjoying this series

but i do have a question

i never played the game but is ellie as unlikable in the game as she is in this series?

she just sounds like a d*ck all the damn time even towards the chick in tonights episode

She is always sarcastic, disobedient & foul mouthed in the game.
Like someone else said, the game has much longer dialogue, so you get used to it.
You come to realize given her path in life, that being this way, is the only way she doesn't feel vulnerable.

Also, If you do plan on playing the game, wait till the show is over. You will appreciate any potential twists or even the finale of the show much more.

PO

Storm Reid and Bella were amazing in this ep.

And Bella killllllllled this entire episode.
These young ladies just straight fuego. Not usually a fan of teenage drama or general romance stuff for that matter but you can't deny remarkable acting talent and great writing and that last episode and episode 3 made me love **** i don't like, no Chief Keef. Show kinda goated already, HBO really don't ****ing miss.

Had a lot of flights over the past 2 weeks. In between naps I was able to catch up.

HBO has done it again.

Edit: People are saying this last episode was weak? :lol: Ellie’s been dropping nuggets about her life before Joel ever since they met. The show was inevitably going to flesh that out. It was nicely done. Storm Reid is a rising star.

We’ll probably get a scene similar to Will Smith & his dog in I Am Legend where Ellie has to put her down.

Thought the episode provided good, needed backstory.

Wasn’t on the edge of my seat or anything like that during it, but was still entertaining.

they must have forgot about all the violence that happened in left behind. should have at least shown ellie on the horse with joel on the makeshift sled at the end. no helicopter scene?

should have dropped this episode after the season to mimic the dlc drop. kinda killed the flow of the season imo.

Trash attempt at a joke is trash.

Had a lot of flights over the past 2 weeks. In between naps I was able to catch up.

HBO has done it again.

Edit: People are saying this last episode was weak? :lol: Ellie’s been dropping nuggets about her life before Joel ever since they met. The show was inevitably going to flesh that out. It was nicely done. Storm Reid is a rising star.

We’ll probably get a scene similar to Will Smith & his dog in I Am Legend where Ellie has to put her down.

No. You won’t. This was almost shot for shot from the Left Behind DLC. This is all you’ll get from Ellie’s background. Story was weak as a DLC for the game and weak as an episode for HBO. Storm Reid was blah (much better in Euphoria) episode was meh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom