HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

The reason why the first episode was 80 minutes was because it was originally going to be two episodes, but HBO talked Mazin and Druckmann into condensing into one episode.

It was originally going to end with Joel dumping that kid's body into the fire pit.

Yeah I’m curious how they’re gonna wrap up all of part 1 in just 9 episodes. Doesn’t seem like enough. Especially if they’re doing the Left Behind DLC. Maybe in 12 eps.

What made Tommy look like he's in the mafia? His hair?

The fila velour suit.

Nah the dark hair and sturdy build just threw me off. But i guess in relation to Pedro being Joel you couldn't cast a pasty, burnout looking white dude to be his brother.

Yeah I’m curious how they’re gonna wrap up all of part 1 in just 9 episodes. Doesn’t seem like enough. Especially if they’re doing the Left Behind DLC. Maybe in 12 eps.
It's all going to be condensed to where the story will pick and pull from the original game. I bet the Left Behind storyline will be flashback scenes.

They already changed the interaction with Robert. Looking forward to see how they tell the story.

Rewatching, I think the only thing I would want changed is the neighbor and how they interact w/ Joel and Sarah when the outbreak first happens.

Would have preferred it be like the game with the Miller's in their house and the neighbor breaking through the sliding door. Felt more claustrophobic and violent, really driving home early that the infected don't feel pain or have reason.

A little nitpicking but I kinda wish they would’ve done the credits after Sarah died and did the radio broadcasts of all the cities being lockdown and the fireflies rising

Finally caught the episode.

Love them fleshing out the story by starting with that talk show panel then going in detail about Sara's last day with all the hints of impending doom around her.

Love how the direct scenes from the game are parallel on the show.

Anna Torv is bae. :emoji_heart_eyes: #Fringe4Life

And I see the discourse in her is already getting weird/nasty. :lol::smh:

Granny got it through the biscuits/cookies. Tainted flour is the culprit of the outbreak. Since her immune system was so weak, she turned quick. Ditto with Sarah's classmate who was fidgeting in school, who had the medical bracelet.

Joel/Sarah/Tommy werent infected because they never made their pancakes or had the birthday cake :nerd:

The tainted flour makes sense but how'd you reach this conclusion?

They mentioned the infection originating in the city at the hospital and Granny was infected because she was there often.

They mentioned the infection originating in the city at the hospital and Granny was infected because she was there often.

Somebody on Reddit has this theory and then someone shot it down and said the fungus would die in the oven (is that true?)

Yep, the two parts could work together tho.

Infected people were obvs going to the hospitals, and more densely populated hospitals/areas would see the infection spread there faster. So the idea might be that those infected by the tainted flour were going to hospital, and those that didn't go home could start the aggression/attacking in the city first.

Is the Jakarta thing only in the show because I don't remember seeing anything about Jakarta when I played it back then, unless it was on some item you had to pick up and read.

And TLoU2 was straight fire. Loved the story, not a dull moment. I also loved how you split time between Ellie and Abby. Abby's arsenal and moves > Ellie's. My first play-through was on Hard and took me a long time because I was exploring everything. Currently doing a 2nd play-through on Survivor with New Game+. **** is testing my patience for real. Have to play in spurts because every section is trial and error in figuring out the right strategy, managing ammo scarcity, and memorizing the spawns. Right now, just got out of the school headed towards the news station.

Rewatching, I think the only thing I would want changed is the neighbor and how they interact w/ Joel and Sarah when the outbreak first happens.

Would have preferred it be like the game with the Miller's in their house and the neighbor breaking through the sliding door. Felt more claustrophobic and violent, really driving home early that the infected don't feel pain or have reason.
big time. felt totally different in the game when joel is getting the gun. the show felt like a cheap zombie horror movie in that scene.

Yes. Yesssss. I was waiting for that scene specifically. Scene slaps.

Gaw damn this game is so goated. The more I think about it, it just takes me back. Idk how they're going to portray all of the little moments and the nuance. Listening to the recordings. Collecting all of the supplies and going through every drawer. Or running out. Throwing bottles.

When Joel and tess went in the room with that infestation scout on the wall, why didn't it bust out?

didn't surprise me at all they turned Joel's daughter into a biracial child lol.

overall solid first ep :pimp:

Gaw damn this game is so goated. The more I think about it, it just takes me back. Idk how they're going to portray all of the little moments and the nuance. Listening to the recordings. Collecting all of the supplies and going through every drawer. Or running out. Throwing bottles.
That's part of what made the games so great... all the little notes and records filled in a lot of the backstory. The dialogue and voice-acting also added so much.

Back
Top Bottom