HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

What a way for Anna Torv bae to go out.

I like the subtle changes in the show compared to the game.

I'm already sold on the show, I just need more of it at once. This once a week stuff is so 2010. We should be getting full seasons of everything these days. Once a week is corny.

These studios know they will garner so many reactions online, youtube theory videos, watercooler talk & dialogue amongst people that would never happen if the show dropped at once, so it's not gonna happen. There adore the free marketing & being the top trend.

PO

Episode was awesome. The suspense! Those clickers! Loved it. It felt like playing TLOU for the first time. Minimal bullets, sensitive clickers, pure dread and chaos.

I'm sure there are more callbacks in this episode, but that clicker scene brought me back to OG trailer. :pimp:

PO

Last edited:
What a way for Anna Torv bae to go out.

I like the subtle changes in the show compared to the game.

I liked how she went out, but my brain might be polluted too much by TWD because I feel like they really could’ve milked that escape in slow-mo and intercut it with Joel & El running away.

That could’ve added another minute and the show could’ve ended with them getting out the building in time before the explosion.

Arm chair director over, I know:lol:

But they’re definitely 2 for 2 so far. And it’s getting harder to not pickup the PS5 Remastered version and start playing again. But I want to hold off until this season ends first because I forgot so much of the OG game and like how this show feels familiar but also new.

Man I am loving this show so far. Mazin and Drukmann delivered. The intensity is on such a high level, even knowing what's gonna happen. Pedro and Bella definitely got the chemistry down between Joel and Ellie.

Can't wait for the rest of the eps, but going to be sad when the season ends before we know it.

Getting the creator/writer of Chernobyl was the right call. HBO needs to give him a deal.

Love the Jakarta scenes. Really fleshing out the plot points overlooked in the game.

The fungi being one giant web underground is a genius change from the game.

Seeing how great this adaptation is turning out, AMC has the perfect blueprint if they want to resurrect the TWD hype by doing Telltale’s TWD. Instead they’re churning out spinoffs no one asked for.

For anyone who missed inside this week:

Never played the game and am glad so I don’t know the whole story

HBO seems to have done this right with the cast and the pacing

Perfect portrayal of an immature kid when Ellie starting joking like she was infected and ringing the bell but without the annoyance those typical kind of characters bring:lol:

changing the story for real life situations is great

the clickers were exactly like the game. wonder if bloaters will make an appearance

fungus dude saw Anna Torv and wanted to make out. As someone who grabs and collects as many items as I see in games, seeing all that ammo and grenades go to waste hurt my soul. That working military truck is also not gonna be used.

RIP Tess... already!
And 🤮 at the fungi web spreading. A good and terrifying change from the game.
As well as how affecting this fungi vines can affect fungi from miles away. Interesting.

But also, what a tense way to introduce the Clickers. And naturally, Joel was shooting them the same way we shot them when we first played. 😂 Struggling to get torso shots.

I also like how they used familiar settings... the museum, the hotel, etc... it looked familiar to those who have played the game, but changed it up so that we didn't know what was coming next.

And Joel has an M4 already?! I wish I had one that early in the game! 😂

fungus dude saw Anna Torv and wanted to make out. As someone who grabs and collects as many items as I see in games, seeing all that ammo and grenades go to waste hurt my soul. That working military truck is also not gonna be used.
THAT PART. I legit said bruh, grab some of those grenades. Might need them later. I was tight watching the supplies go to waste.

It's funny but in real life, you aren't going to just stumble on bullets for every make and model of gun and 1 size fits all screws and alcohol and gauze in every drawer and cabinet lmao

I’ve never played the game but I’m all in on the show!

HBO hardly misses the last few years so I knew I was in especially with Prince Oberyn and Lyanna Mormot leading :pimp:

Never played the game and am glad so I don’t know the whole story

HBO seems to have done this right with the cast and the pacing
Bros, I never played the game. That whole episode was tense. Loved it. It was wild how we already experienced loss and defeat. What do we do now (obviously those who played the game know lol)?

So let me ask, would ya classify TLoU as the next evolution of Survival Horror? But with better writing, relatable characters, compelling story, etc?

Yes! I thought they'd dip out in the military truck. I haven't played the game, so I didn't see Tess being offed this early...

Back
Top Bottom