HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

Wife walked in the room when I was watching that scene and the look of astonishment and disgust on her face was :rofl:
Brah my girl shrieked when she watched the scene. I was just sitting there speechless trying to comprehend what was going on :rofl:

Mans was outchea like how my dad used to throw back eels after he accidentally caught them on his fishing line.

Dude was so casual when he was flinging dem babies.

Last edited:
i've seen the moon thrown out there.. was mars at first when that image of dr manhattan was first thought to be his captor (which i disagree with, since he would have just checked himself and escape wouldnt seem viable)

but going be interesting to see how he escapes.. also wouldnt be shocking if he's right on earth in like antarctica
Hmmm

Him being in the Artic would explain why the clone froze.

I really don't get the hatred for it. Outside of the fact that Alan Moore made it known that he didn't want it adapted. Watchmen felt like a comfortable step after The Dark Knight tried the hyper realistic angle.

I've gone over it over and over on NT, so I'm not going to go into why I still think it's one of the best CM movies ever. It gets a bad wrap, though.

i enjoyed it.. i dont think it's one of the best CM movies ever made though.. but i see the point being made in the vid about an important aspect of the book that was clearly missed within the movie (and i could see that bothering moore and fans of the book).. and it doesnt shock me at all that snyder missed that (and the same thing shows up with how he views the dark knight returns)

I also wonder how wherever Ozy is effects the timeline. Seems like years are going by during his scenes. The birthday cake candles, his appearance changing, etc.

Either time moves differently wherever he is, or his scenes are flashbacks. If I had To guess, it’s the latter...and that crash landing in the ep was him in real time.

Last edited:
i enjoyed it.. i dont think it's one of the best CM movies ever made though.. but i see the point being made in the vid about an important aspect of the book that was clearly missed within the movie (and i could see that bothering moore and fans of the book).. and it doesnt shock me at all that snyder missed that (and the same thing shows up with how he views the dark knight returns)
If the main crux of the point is that they giving the Watchmen 'superpowers' or super human strength undercuts the whole point of the story, I strongly disagree.

Is there anything other than just assuming that what we're seeing in the film is superhuman strength based on ridiculous moments where the comedian punches holes through a wall? I definitely didn't see them as superheroes with special abilities. I just took those moments as hyper stylized. I had just read through 11 issues of the series getting ready for the movie, so not once did I look at anyone other than Dr. Manhattan as an actual superhero. The closest of the group was Ozy, and as explained in the video I justified that with his maxed out IQ.

Maybe I need to watch again for something that was more explicit making every Watchmen character a superhero. Please correct me if I'm wrong, because outside of the over the top stuff that we see and accept today in movies like Fast and the Furious, I didn't see anyone but Manhattan as more than human.

If the main crux of the point is that they giving the Watchmen 'superpowers' or super human strength undercuts the whole point of the story, I strongly disagree.

Is there anything other than just assuming that what we're seeing in the film is superhuman strength based on ridiculous moments where the comedian punches holes through a wall? I definitely didn't see them as superheroes with special abilities. I just took those moments as hyper stylized. I had just read through 11 issues of the series getting ready for the movie, so not once did I look at anyone other than Dr. Manhattan as an actual superhero. The closest of the group was Ozy, and as explained in the video I justified that with his maxed out IQ.

Maybe I need to watch again for something that was more explicit making every Watchmen character a superhero. Please correct me if I'm wrong, because outside of the over the top stuff that we see and accept today in movies like Fast and the Furious, I didn't see anyone but Manhattan as more than human.

i think it does change the story in a significant manner because then those folks can justifiable actual be that thing based on how they were depicted in the movie..

whereas within the current show and the comic, they're just regular folks who decide to do that thing.. you have the police who were attacked and cover their faces for safety reasons and then those trying too hard but are still ordinary joes

i think the movie is very entertaining.. and i also enjoyed snyder's take on batman, but from everything we know (even the supposed source material for his take 'the dark knight returns') batman was opposed to certain things and had to deal with ramifications for those choices.. but you can see how his takes on the character significantly change aspects of the source material characters

But other than changing the ending for the movie, it's literally a panel for panel and word for word adaption of the original book. And yet this video essay still says the movie didn't get the point of the book. I'm a little confused at that part.
Style no substance.

The movie just isn't good.

That seems to be Snyder's thing though. Copy the comic panel for panel. Simply didnt work the way it did for 300.

Genetic trauma is real ****. Hope this show continues to educate.

The aim of this paper is to review the emerging literature on evidence of transgenerational inheritance due to trauma exposure on the epigenetic mechanism of DNA methylation in humans. Our review found an accumulating amount of evidence of an enduring effect of trauma exposure to be passed to offspring transgenerationally via the epigenetic inheritance mechanism of DNA methylation alterations and has the capacity to change the expression of genes and the metabolome.

Was the red dress a reference to Schindler’s List?

Last edited:
This show got me scressed mane....
9e682155444ed8e8f6179909ac007197-getty-90602063em011_mayweather_v__original.jpg

Back
Top Bottom