HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

Random thought popped in my head but what if Angela's husband is Dr. Manhattan? Like he purposely placed himself in Tulsa at the center of everything anticipating the same big thing everyone is. From his build, to his philosophy, and the actor Yahya usually having bigger roles than playing the background.
I think some other people in here have theorized this as well.

Well then damn i'm slow.

Ah did a search and see other folks theorizing as well

Cal Abar
Cal - Kal El
Abar: 1977 Blaxploitation movie title "Abar: The Black Superman"
Cal Abar in name meaning, could be a reference to the Superman of the Watchmen series, Dr. Manhattan.

Why are there still squid falling from the sky? Is it ozymadias’ company that was bought by the Vietnamese lady still doing it to keep up with the giant squid attack story?
Either them or the gov.

As the Ozy vid implies he had a plan which involved working with the Redford administration so that raining squid thing acts as a safety net to keep the masses spooked. I mean the attack was in NYC, the psychic blast in the tri-state area but its raining baby squids in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Random thought popped in my head but what if Angela's husband is Dr. Manhattan? Like he purposely placed himself in Tulsa at the center of everything anticipating the same big thing everyone is. From his build, to his philosophy, and the actor Yahya usually having bigger roles than playing the background.
That would be wild.
Well then damn i'm slow.

Ah did a search and see other folks theorizing as well

Thats ****ing crazy

Definitely got the vibe from Calvin always being so vanilla. Then the way he explained death to the kids.

I really just want to see more from that character, regardless of what it is.

The Hooded Justice secretly being a Black man is lifted directly from the 90s Spider-Man series with Black Marvel.

While not new, Lindelof going for a black man as a masked vigilante also secretly pretending to be white for his allies and public is interesting.

Him also being gay/bi is Lindelof taking what Moore did and stretching it.

These scenes are wild.

Dis show be putting me through it brahs...
giphy.gif

Makes too much sense with the hooded justice reveal.. like that they went that route with things

Also didn’t think they would actually make him gay.. assumed that would just be used as a mechanism to try and bring him down since he was going after the KKK

Great twist, great retcon of the original.

Retroactively making a mysterious plot device from the original into a billion times more interesting character and honestley makes the original story more compelling if you take this history as being canon.

The POV hanging scene was intense.

Episode was awesome. Don't understand how this all gets tied up in 3 episodes whatsoever.

Awesome episode. Powerful AF. Really showcases racism for what it is and how it’s everywhere without telling it the same way as in every other show.

I guess now it makes a bit of sense when he said “I got friends” earlier in the season....

Gonna watch the episodes again to see if I missed anything

Awesome episode. Powerful AF. Really showcases racism for what it is and how it’s everywhere without telling it the same way as in every other show.

I guess now it makes a bit of sense when he said “I got friends” earlier in the season....

Yup.. great little touches too, like the bank poster and the dumb shh the dude he was f’n had to say

Back
Top Bottom