HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

You literally, quite well, explained how well and the depth of what was done here

meanwhile the other one the more I think about it was another fumble of D&D not being able to swim on their own without the books
😅 See I thought Hold the Door was so genius that no way D&D thought that **** up.

Man is a half-giant (so he's part beyond the wall) and he ain't right in the head (like they think them wildling savages all are), but really he's a casualty of the war Westeros has been fighting between Fire & Ice. And his life had been committed to holding back the monsters (just like The Wall) and serving dutifully (just like The Night's Watch) even though, deep down, he KNOWS exactly how he's gonna die doing just that.

It is so GoT's that someone's worst pain in life forms them into a jagged vessel for their purpose (think Jaime's hand).

And he gets ****ed over just like Arya's little butcher boy. I mean is Hodor so loyal to Bran, because he loves him or because from a young age, he knew his life was a sacrifice for him? Friends of the Starks are there for a good, not a long time. :nthat:

Iono bout y'all but the bitter pill of it all is pure GoT to me. But then D&D, D&D'd so ehhh :lol:

Last edited:
😅 See I thought Hold the Door was so genius that no way D&D thought that **** up. Man is a half-giant (so he's part beyond the wall) and he ain't right in the head (like they think them wildling savages all are), but really he's a casualty of the war Westeros has been fighting between Fire & Ice, and his life had been committed to holding back the monsters just like The Wall and serving dutifully just like The Night's Watch even though, deep down, he KNOWS exactly how he's gonna die doing just that. And he gets ****ed over just like Arya's little butcher boy. Friends of the Starks are there for a good, not a long time.

Iono bout y'all but the bitter pill of it all is pure GoT to me. But then D&D, D&D'd so ehhh :lol:

but as I said above, bran demonstrates he can affect the past, and only does it to screw hodor

could have gone back and stopped the night king from being created.. or interfered at any point.. like stopping them from even going north and losing a giant, when cersei wouldn’t support them anyways then they have an extra dragon.. or maybe come up with a better battle strategy than just sending the dortharki into the dark... or how about a heads up to watch out for greyjoy dude in the harbor

IATT IATT oh I agree. Everything they did with it from then on was trash flavored trash :lol:

I need to watch this episode for a 3rd time before turkey day. Hell, I gotta rewatch the season knowing what we know now. :smokin

Do y'all even understand how much of a mind**** this all is?
This show is EVERYTHING.

I need you to get a blog post popping fam. That was incredibly insightful.

If Lindelof ain't the best to ever do it, I don't know who is...

Episode 6 was 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Between The leftovers and this, Lindelof is top 5 all decade at the very least. But has to go down as one of the best of all time. I mean the man made a DIRECT AND BLACK SEQUEL TO WATCHMEN. That shouldn't even make sense.

Rorschach vibes at the warehouse.

Good eye. Especially with the meat. Immediately thought of his first cape crusader escapade.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Watchmen going down as GOAT superhero show. I’m calling it now.

I’ve read the OG book and last nights episode only reinforced how dope this story is.
I mean its not even really a superhero show.

Last edited:
I'm loving this new crop of flawed superhero/expose' type shows that go beyond the surface. Still love that Marvel **** though.

A super hero that has his whole legacy stolen from him. Man .....
It wasn't an episode, it was a movie.

And as far a superhero origin movies go, I put it just slightly above Black Panther imo.

I think this Watchmen series is gonna be a slowburn appreciation like The Americans and Breaking Bad.

People will realize legendary **** happened when they check the scoreboard and realized who curbstomped the world.

• Fire
Reactions: wr
I had to double check to see if this was a real event.
I mean ain't it? :lol:

All the minstrel shows and mammies. All the happy white faces, with household problems, projected out to the grandchildren of slaves. They were trying to grapple with the nonstop threats to their lives and all the pent up unexpressed rage & spiritual damage, while the movies are like...this poor white man, don't know if this white woman loves him or not!

Imagine trying your best to build some pride in yourself, knowing where you and yours came from, not understanding what it's done to them, and then carrying on the belief that these other people who don't seem too different from you and yours, all got it together. You look out and see all of the people who look like you ain't **** either, or get some piece of good by hanging onto the scraps of those other people.

And on top of that, I wish you would direct any of your concerns or unfiltered reactions to a SINGLE white person.

Of COURSE you end up taking it out on your own. Everyone else is "protected."

I don't know if my head or my heart hurts, but something is on fire right now. :smh:

It wasn't an episode, it was a movie.

And as far a superhero origin movies go, I put it just slightly above Black Panther imo.

I think this Watchmen series is gonna be a slowburn appreciation like The Americans and Breaking Bad.

People will realize legendary **** happened when they check the scoreboard and realized who curbstomped the world.

One hell of a origin story

It's gonna take me some time to digest what I just watched. Especially with the parallels between hooded justice and Bass Reeves with respect to how their legacies were white washed. But I can say that watching hooded justice wash those klan members might be the most satisfying thing I've ever watched.

Trailer for next week looks like Angela isn’t quite done hallucinating...or Lady Trieu gave her a dose of her own memories.

Interested to see if the other Abar that’s out there plays a role in the story. In ep 2 when she called the Cultural Center and gave them will’s name...it said there were 2 relatives out there. I don’t feel like that was put out there for no reason.

This show has no gotdamn right to be this ****ing good. NONE.

show really the goods. This episode was that Neo moment from The Matrix. The whole movie you’re wondering “Is he really The One? Is he really The One?” And you’re not really sure until he stops the bullets from the agents and yeah you know the rest.

same feeling with this show. I’m not sure if this show is the goods, it has some moments and then BAM! This episode is it chief. This is Neo. Bullet stopping. The One.

Did a little research also. The first black police officer in New York City was named Samuel J. Battle, pictured here.
AFF7CFE5-EE40-411F-A8D8-9E8318F0451B.jpeg

The officer that initiated hooded justice at his badge ceremony and warned him to beware Cyclops? Lieutenant Battle. Pictured below. (Left)
68780052-6134-4823-8392-250BFF2FB715.jpeg

very cool.

One thing I like about the HBO connective tissue -and I know Lindelof had a hand in casting - is that Adepo plays King's son in The Leftovers and in Watchmen Adepo plays King's grandfather as a young man.

Back
Top Bottom