HBO: "Westworld"...Cancelled After 4 Seasons

I kinda wish hbo would’ve just let this die after s3. This story is so far from where we started it just doesn’t hold up anymore.

show is officially on par with
Gotham
The Strain
for me, just with a huger budget.

Show really should've ended after season 1, that is the only season that is truly great and the one that Michael Crichton would've approved of.

Funny that whenever you adapt this dudes work when it comes to WW and Jurassic Park
Once you decided to leave that wonderment that is the "Park" and go into the "real world" then its all downhill.
Show really could've gone down in the GOAT convo

Honestly pretty whack. Didn’t move me at all. I don’t need all these tricks, just make it simple, angry robots vs humans.

Maybe that is what season 4 will be looking at the ending with all the hosts being made...

I think where the story is going is fine; I have high hopes for Season 4 overall. The ending was incredibly Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Down to Dolores being hooked up to the machine.

I feel the “delete yourself” line was unbelievable and should have been “shut yourself down” instead. Seemed odd you could just destroy the world’s most powerful AI in the blink of an eye.

The direction and choreography for the episode were really bad. Extras werent convincing. Action scenes were cheesy and felt gimmicky. Like, why did that dude hold up a gun to Caleb for two whole *** minutes when he clearly could have shot him? The whole fight in the dark with the sporadic light from gunfire was a cool idea, but executed very poorly.

RIP to my man Marshawn. That’s also another one I didn’t get. Why was he deadass the only one who got shot? Why did they make it a point to show the cop saying to make sure he stayed down, but didn’t do that with anyone else, including Ash?

Maybe they should've kept the show within the actual Westworld and finding a way to stop hosts taking over before they actually escaped the park. The new direction kinda...weak. Can't even stay focused on what's really happening on screen.

i like the real world westworld. finale lacked something. too vested in this. ill be there season 4 :ohwell:

*Cut to writers room during season 3:

"Lets make the fact that our biggest fans spent a year waiting for this season after investing 2 season, but lets give them no payoff for watching prior seasons, we should start from scratch and have nothing carry over from previous seasons or have any affect on what happens in season 3!

"You know Calebs Mom? Whatever happened to her? We killed her right?" Did anyone care in the first place?

"So we have Hale I mean Delores taking over with a host version of man in black, so in the end Delores got her revenge, but it still looks like Hale and now she kinda acts like her so we can stop paying the actress who plays Delores to play Delores"

"You know what we need more of for the Finale? Aaron Paul FLASHBACKS!"

"How does Clementine fit in, did she serve any purpose?........We will work that out next year"

I won't be watching season 4.

Last edited:
Maeve’s futuristic biker-ninja outfit was fire
The best parts of this season were the aesthetic (outfits and the building’s architecture) and the behind the episodes stuff. The shooting locations they had were amazing. Makes me want to visit those places.

Season finale was reggie man. I remember the première had me hype and intrigued. Now my interest is lukewarm between the convoluted plots and the time between seasons. I'll finish it but I ain't finna rush to it.

We should have known how this season would turn out with these two fools showing up back early on. :sick: :smh:
Westworld-Drogon-Weiss-Benioff.jpg

this season got worse as it went on :smh: that finale was trash
I think people try to like this show more than they actually do , including myself :lol:
I'm noticing a lot of that.

I cant hate watch shows anymore. Don't got time to waste.

I dont get how y'all can keep tuning in every week and complain especially when you think entire episodes are trash. Like what are you looking forward to? To be able to comeback and complain again.

Last edited:
This show's trajectory felt just like GoT. Great premise, some great work on some technical shots, but the story and the direction just went to ****. It got too full of itself and too disconnected from stuff we care about.

I keep thinking back to the movie and the Gunslinger, and how they completely lost touch with that magic in this show.

That said, I'll probably watch season 4.

Eh dont see the comparison.

GoT was great for 4 seasons and then went to **** surviving off hype, fan service, and false hope despite all the warning signs especially the last 2 seasons.

WW was never that good. S1 was hyped like crazy and then when s2 didn't have a twist that was leaked everyone could circle jerk to every weekend ppl realized the show was too complicated for them and they didn't understand where it was going. Then they decided to change settings and start fresh in the real world but in a modern sci-fi future. Oh and they thought adding Jesse the snitch to the show was a good idea when they already had so many unlikable characters.

Last edited:
Eh dont see the comparison.
I'm probably giving WW too much credit, sure. And in my mind I'm including the movie and nostalgia for the potential that came from the first season. Also we went from Anthony Hopkins to Jessie Pinkman.

I just feel like both shows were living inside the head of the writes too much, that they were too proud of doing something good but losing sight of the bigger picture. I'm comparing final season of GoT to seasons 2-3 of WW. Sure, the comparison is thin, but in my mind the squandering of potential has felt similar.

Back
Top Bottom