HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

Originally Posted by xblaze23

I noticed that my favorite episodes were directed by the same guy lol.. 6,7 and 8..

7 started off brilliantly with Tywin schooling Jamie while skinning the stag. Love the symbolism. I heard that scene isn't in the book?

That's correct.  The scene wasn't in the book.

In the books, Tywin is supposed to be bald and have porkchop sideburns that connect to form a beard.  Tyrion is also frequently described as looking like a scary little monster with different colored eyes.

Originally Posted by shogun

In the books, Tywin is supposed to be bald and have porkchop sideburns that connect to form a beard.  Tyrion is also frequently described as looking like a scary little monster with different colored eyes.

Hey man they can't be perfect. And I think Charles Dance and Peter Dinklage do such a good job it doesn't really matter

^
Yeah, I wasn't complaining just mentioning how they're described in the books.  The actor who plays Tywin looks very intimidating.  I imagine Tyrion looking like the Lephrachaun from the Leprachaun movies if they went by the descriptions.

Episode summaries from HBO for episodes 6-9. These do contain SPOILERS! If you have not read book 2 I suggest you do not read them unless you want major plot points spoiled.

Spoiler [+]
Episode #16: “The Old Gods and the New

Anyone who's read book 2, do you think HBO will...

Spoiler [+]
Do you think HBO will freak out the audience and end an episode with "Bran" and "Rickon's" heads on spikes as Martin did in the book?

I think it would be a huge "OH s---" moment for to see Theon take Winterfell and leave the episode thinking he killed Bran and Rickon

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Spoiler [+]
Do you think HBO will freak out the audience and end an episode with "Bran" and "Rickon's" heads on spikes as Martin did in the book?

I think it would be a huge "OH s---" moment for to see Theon take Winterfell and leave the episode thinking he killed Bran and Rickon
Spoiler [+]
would be the smart thing to do. They should leave the reveal til the end of the last episode of the season

^
It would definitely be awesome if they did.  The only negatives about having read all the books already are that I won't have any $@@ moments during the show
frown.gif

When Ned lost his head in the first season, I was 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 since I didn't know what was about to happen.  One of the most shocking moments i've seen on a tv show.

Originally Posted by shogun

^
It would definitely be awesome if they did.  The only negatives about having read all the books already are that I won't have any $@@ moments during the show
frown.gif

When Ned lost his head in the first season, I was 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 since I didn't know what was about to happen.  One of the most shocking moments i've seen on a tv show.

roll.gif
Had me going... "Someone's going to save him right? But who will it be?" NOPE! Head went. My Father was all 
eek.gif
 "But he was the main character! Who do I root for now?!" 

^
laugh.gif
  I had the same look of shock as Arya, Sansa, and Cersei did.

George R. R. Martin will kill anyone.  No one's safe.  Still sad Khal Drogo didn't make it to season 2.  Dude was a beast with his long braid and died because of an infection 
frown.gif
.  I still watch his speech from season 2 if I need to get pumped up.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Spoiler [+]

Ya that would be dope
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Uptempo kid

Originally Posted by Tdogg2k

you mean tyrion..
and yea that was epic

No I think he means Tywin Lannister:
I had completely forgotten about this.. I think its because I didnt even start reading book 1 until after this season so since this wasnt in the bookI had kinda forgetten it.

As far as the end of season 2, Since they are playing to split Book 3 into two seperate seasons.... its possible season 2 will end with a bit of season 3 spoiler.

Originally Posted by Tdogg2k

Arya def has the best story going forward. There is so much potential for her character
It's difficult trying to predict where her storyline was going.  It's all over the place.  Definitely one of the most interesting characters.
Tonight's episode should be awesome.

Hopefully tonight's episode is sick wit it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

gonna try out a Game of Thrones drinking game with some friends
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom