HBO's Game of Thrones: Season 2 Official Thread *Ep. 10* "Valar Morghulis" 6/03 @9pm ET/PT

Originally Posted by shogun

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

^
From the Wiki:

Though Drogo was unconcerned with his minor wound, Daenerys convinced him to let Mirri Maz Duur, a Lhazareen maegi (herb-woman) she had rescued, make him a poultice. The poultice itched, and Drogo tore it off, causing the wound to fester. Drogo's condition deteriorated until he fell from his horse, a symbol to his warriors that he could no longer lead them.
So he should've kept it on and he would've been all good?  An undefeated warrior killed by a cut 
ohwell.gif
When the first season aired I thought Gendry would play more of a role.  Ned did all that investigating to find out he was Robert's bastard.  I thought he would make it known and try to stop Joffrey from gaining the throne.  But it looks like he'll just continue being a blacksmith wherever he goes.  His character was just used to show that Joffrey, Myrcella, and Tommen weren't Robert's kids.
The Seed is Strong.

I guess Ned's seed is weak because Jon and Arya are the only ones who has his characteristics 
laugh.gif
.  At least that's the way it's described in the books.

i can appreciate this show because unlike most series today no character is "safe"
i wasnt interested in spoilers until i started reading about how great the books were in this thread.
saying that to say i read up on "the red wedding" and
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

hbo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nako XL

What Ned SHOULD have done was air out her dirty laundry and declare himself the King right then and there. Had her imprisoned and then dealt with transferring power to Stannis later.

But he was too honorable (read: naive) and absolutely wanted nothing to do with the throne. He had no interest in being king. It ended up costing him because why would Littlefinger and the rest help him to oust what at the time at least was the rightful heir and the richest family in town when he would no longer be the Hand and wouldn't have any REAL power.
the part where ned took king roberts terms to cersei and king joffrey, only to have them ripped up - infuriated the %!%# out of me. i dont know what exactly he could have done in that moment, but i guess that all comes back to his naivety as far as "playing the game".

^
Why would you spoil that for yourself?  That's one of the craziest events that has happened 
eek.gif
.  So savage.

^
Why would you spoil that for yourself?  That's one of the craziest events that has happened 
eek.gif
.  So savage.

idk
laugh.gif

im goin to watch it anway so
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Pmighty

i can appreciate this show because unlike most series today no character is "safe"
i wasnt interested in spoilers until i started reading about how great the books were in this thread.
saying that to say i read up on "the red wedding" and
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

hbo
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Man, i just spoiled myself too...
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

I guess Ned's seed is weak because Jon and Arya are the only ones who has his characteristics 
laugh.gif

I recall in one of the books that the Starks can be either somewhat reckless or somewhat conservative. Rickard, Brandon, Lyanna, Jon (he has Stark blood one way or another) and Arya are more like the former. Ned, Robb and Bran are more like the latter. Sansa is like her mother and Rickon is a toddler so it is hard to tell.

If anything the Tully seed is weak since Edmure is nothing like his uncle Brynden and of Cat's five children only one is like her.

I been watching this show but have not posted or read any spoilers.....

But the red wedding....smh...

A dambs is not given about being a main character....

You dudes did yourself a disservice by just reading the wiki about the red wedding.

!*$# got me real emotional when I read it the first time
frown.gif

Man, you fools really got me wanting to read the books.. and I hate reading.
laugh.gif

Guess I'll just wait whenever it's shown on screen.

why was the term "red wedding" even brought up?
i just don't get that leave that for the "official GoT thread season 3 or 4"
this is season 2 let's talk about spoilers in season 2...

laugh.gif
dudes have the nerve to complain when changes from books 1 and 2 are mentioned AFTER it's been established they won't be shown in the tv series, then go and wiki spoilers for arguably the most important event in the book series to date
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

laugh.gif
I recall in one of the books that the Starks can be either somewhat reckless or somewhat conservative. Rickard, Brandon, Lyanna, Jon (he has Stark blood one way or another) and Arya are more like the former. Ned, Robb and Bran are more like the latter. Sansa is like her mother and Rickon is a toddler so it is hard to tell.

If anything the Tully seed is weak since Edmure is nothing like his uncle Brynden and of Cat's five children only one is like her.
I was referencing more about how they look.  It said how Jon and Arya look like Starks with their dark hair, although in the show Sean Bean's hair isn't that dark.  Robb, Sansa had their mothers' brown/reddish hair.  I forgot what was said about Bran and Rickon's appearance.  Catelynn noticed this stuff and it bothered her.  But you made great points about their personalities.  Arya has the same spirit as her aunt Lyanna and Rickon is a wild boy.  

Originally Posted by Nako XL

laugh.gif
dudes have the nerve to complain when changes from books 1 and 2 are mentioned AFTER it's been established they won't be shown in the tv series, then go and wiki spoilers for arguably the most important event in the book series to date
30t6p3b.gif

EXACTLY..

I just watched the show. (I know im late)
I also feel like some people how leaving out some of the most important events kinda dulls this episode. the Qhorin Jon exchange i understand why they did that for time.. compared to the book.  the whole journey is what sort of hooked me. and where the hell is ghost his presence will be needed next ep.

robb stark. is that the girl he marries in the book? for some reason i feel like thats not her. Or am I wrong. been a long time since i read book 2. 
but my goodness is shse sexy

The Shae thing.. I'm done with her too. I really wish they did the whole background story of how he was hiding her, I woulda loved to see who they casted for the summer isle girl.

Originally Posted by Tdogg2k

robb stark. is that the girl he marries in the book? for some reason i feel like thats not her. Or am I wrong. been a long time since i read book 2. 
but my goodness is shse sexy

The Shae thing.. I'm done with her too. I really wish they did the whole background story of how he was hiding her, I woulda loved to see who they casted for the summer isle girl.

Talisa's story has been changed around for the show.  The wiki explains everything.
What summer isle girl?

Back
Top Bottom