HBO's Series: Game of Thrones (4/17, 9:00-10:05 p.m. ET/PT)

Originally Posted by shogun

^
It's probably not comfortable for her to watch women get raped.  She's not about that savage lifestyle.  Drogo listens to whatever she says now.

But it's directly her fault. They were only taking slaves to afford ships to carry the army to King's Landing, as was her wish.
The whole rape and pillage thing probably slipped her mind.  She thought it would happen in King's Landing, not beforehand.
I think the actor who plays Drogo is the new Conan.  I didn't recognize him without the beard and mascara.

He is the new Conan.  I saw that on IMDB last week.  After seeing him in GOT, seems like a pretty solid choice. 

^
It's probably not comfortable for her to watch women get raped.  She's not about that savage lifestyle.  Drogo listens to whatever she says now.

But it's directly her fault. They were only taking slaves to afford ships to carry the army to King's Landing, as was her wish.
The whole rape and pillage thing probably slipped her mind.  She thought it would happen in King's Landing, not beforehand.
I think the actor who plays Drogo is the new Conan.  I didn't recognize him without the beard and mascara.

He is the new Conan.  I saw that on IMDB last week.  After seeing him in GOT, seems like a pretty solid choice. 

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by MrONegative

My favorite show on TV right now, easily. The fact that everyone works is crazy to me. Even Sansa's maiden worked.
30t6p3b.gif
Hell even the Dyer wolves and whitewalkers work.

I'm just worried they can't afford or won't be able to fake how big this show is gonna get with the battles, but fine when they're hitting on everything else.

My dude Syrio better be alive btw.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

what do you mean by work?
laugh.gif
yeah i'm not getting the slang either.  But the Khal is a beast.

laugh.gif
 I mean like every character/actor

With shows like this, I expected something to pull me out of it and to not make sense inside of that world, but nothing has. I thought it'd be Viserys, Drogo, Sansa, some of the king's court or the Night's watch that would do it, but all of them came through so far. They don't waste time letting you get annoyed with actors or characters, like a lot of HBO shows do.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

My favorite show on TV right now, easily. The fact that everyone works is crazy to me. Even Sansa's maiden worked.
30t6p3b.gif
Hell even the Dyer wolves and whitewalkers work.

I'm just worried they can't afford or won't be able to fake how big this show is gonna get with the battles, but fine when they're hitting on everything else.

My dude Syrio better be alive btw.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

what do you mean by work?
laugh.gif
yeah i'm not getting the slang either.  But the Khal is a beast.

laugh.gif
 I mean like every character/actor

With shows like this, I expected something to pull me out of it and to not make sense inside of that world, but nothing has. I thought it'd be Viserys, Drogo, Sansa, some of the king's court or the Night's watch that would do it, but all of them came through so far. They don't waste time letting you get annoyed with actors or characters, like a lot of HBO shows do.

^ agree with this. Best part about the show is that all the characters are remarkably interesting and there are so many plots occurring simultaneously that the show does a good job of giving you just enough of each plot to keep you engaged.

Except Sansa's character. I don't get her. Is she really enamored with Geoffry, or does she just want the power. Either way, she seems too daft to be a Stark. The rest of a family's characters all at least have a few redeeming qualities and mostly seem sharp.

^ agree with this. Best part about the show is that all the characters are remarkably interesting and there are so many plots occurring simultaneously that the show does a good job of giving you just enough of each plot to keep you engaged.

Except Sansa's character. I don't get her. Is she really enamored with Geoffry, or does she just want the power. Either way, she seems too daft to be a Stark. The rest of a family's characters all at least have a few redeeming qualities and mostly seem sharp.

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

IMO, she likes the idea of being a queen moreso than she really likes Geoffrey (who could really like him?).  She tells herself she likes him only because he was going to be/is king.  If it was someone else in that position, I think she'd be just as smitten.  But I agree that, overall, she's the one character in the show that's kind of annoying.  I mean, I hate all the Lannisters, but you're supposed to.    

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

IMO, she likes the idea of being a queen moreso than she really likes Geoffrey (who could really like him?).  She tells herself she likes him only because he was going to be/is king.  If it was someone else in that position, I think she'd be just as smitten.  But I agree that, overall, she's the one character in the show that's kind of annoying.  I mean, I hate all the Lannisters, but you're supposed to.    

With Sansa...I think I remember the maiden or someone talking about the Stark kids and how Arya was born at the end of winter, but Sansa during it. And because of that all Sansa wants is to leave, because she remembers how deep and dark the winter is. She wishes she was a Southern girl, because of that.

But I thought the last ep, finally had her and Joffrey step up and do something to really bring together what they're about. I never would've expected an episode would end with the two of them and I wouldn't be rolling my eyes.
laugh.gif

With Sansa...I think I remember the maiden or someone talking about the Stark kids and how Arya was born at the end of winter, but Sansa during it. And because of that all Sansa wants is to leave, because she remembers how deep and dark the winter is. She wishes she was a Southern girl, because of that.

But I thought the last ep, finally had her and Joffrey step up and do something to really bring together what they're about. I never would've expected an episode would end with the two of them and I wouldn't be rolling my eyes.
laugh.gif

I want Drogo and Omar from the Wire to get a spin off show together

that would be some bad +*# television

I want Drogo and Omar from the Wire to get a spin off show together

that would be some bad +*# television

I watched all 8 episodes in one day the day before yesterday. I really enjoy this show! Sometimes I dislike when multiple stories are going on at once because they don't really tie into eachother but this is working nicely.

I want to know more about the White Walkers I think that's what they're called. I hope Stark's son Snow doesn't die or anything. I plan to start reading the books since I heard the show stays true to it so far.

I watched all 8 episodes in one day the day before yesterday. I really enjoy this show! Sometimes I dislike when multiple stories are going on at once because they don't really tie into eachother but this is working nicely.

I want to know more about the White Walkers I think that's what they're called. I hope Stark's son Snow doesn't die or anything. I plan to start reading the books since I heard the show stays true to it so far.

I bought the set of the first 4 books. After I finish the current book I'm reading I'm digging into them them. I heard the second book gets a bit more magical which should bring a little more spin into it.

I bought the set of the first 4 books. After I finish the current book I'm reading I'm digging into them them. I heard the second book gets a bit more magical which should bring a little more spin into it.

drogo-knives.gif

Spoiler [+]
drogo-ouch.gif
drogo-speech.jpg
drogo-throat.gif
My God.
eek.gif
There's gotta be some caption you can throw on that first gif when he drop the knives.  I don't know what, but it seems like something that could be used again. 

drogo-knives.gif

Spoiler [+]
drogo-ouch.gif
drogo-speech.jpg
drogo-throat.gif
My God.
eek.gif
There's gotta be some caption you can throw on that first gif when he drop the knives.  I don't know what, but it seems like something that could be used again. 

Back
Top Bottom