HBO's Series: Game of Thrones (4/17, 9:00-10:05 p.m. ET/PT)

A few of us have read the books. Just lurking on the sidelines waiting for the main event.

A few of us have read the books. Just lurking on the sidelines waiting for the main event.

that new young king is gonna sith bricks when Drogo comes in during the Stark/Lanister war is going on
how can anyone not say anything though, the kid is to young to be king, yeah... he is the rightful heir but c'mon he's waaaay to inexperienced Ned wasn't trying to take the throne from him, he was just gonna hold it til the king was of age...

that new young king is gonna sith bricks when Drogo comes in during the Stark/Lanister war is going on
how can anyone not say anything though, the kid is to young to be king, yeah... he is the rightful heir but c'mon he's waaaay to inexperienced Ned wasn't trying to take the throne from him, he was just gonna hold it til the king was of age...

Actually he isn't the rightful heir.  King Robert didn't know that was not his son, it's the son of the Queen and Jamie.

Eddard Stark knew this and told the Queen that he knew, and he was going to tell King Robert.  However, the hunting accident happened which we find out was orchestrated, and it changed everything.  Stark was betrayed, and charged with treason even though the Lannisters have been plotting to take over the throne the whole time.

It was King Robert's wish the have Joffrey take over the throne when he was of age, even Stark hesitated to write it down and instead of putting Joffrey he put "rightful heir".  The Queen couldn't afford to have this happen, and the best way to get rid of Stark was to say he was plotting to take over a throne that was not rightfully his and charge him with treason. 

eek.gif
@ Drogo, dude just ripped out his tongue.

It was an impressive episode, the last two will be epic.

I plan to pick up the books at the conclusion of Season 1.

Actually he isn't the rightful heir.  King Robert didn't know that was not his son, it's the son of the Queen and Jamie.

Eddard Stark knew this and told the Queen that he knew, and he was going to tell King Robert.  However, the hunting accident happened which we find out was orchestrated, and it changed everything.  Stark was betrayed, and charged with treason even though the Lannisters have been plotting to take over the throne the whole time.

It was King Robert's wish the have Joffrey take over the throne when he was of age, even Stark hesitated to write it down and instead of putting Joffrey he put "rightful heir".  The Queen couldn't afford to have this happen, and the best way to get rid of Stark was to say he was plotting to take over a throne that was not rightfully his and charge him with treason. 

eek.gif
@ Drogo, dude just ripped out his tongue.

It was an impressive episode, the last two will be epic.

I plan to pick up the books at the conclusion of Season 1.

I love this show.

I just wish i hadn't clicked some spoiler in the first few pages of the thread. Didn't even look at the post, just instinctively clicked it and i ruined one of the biggest climaxes, i imagine, in the show. Damn it.

I love this show.

I just wish i hadn't clicked some spoiler in the first few pages of the thread. Didn't even look at the post, just instinctively clicked it and i ruined one of the biggest climaxes, i imagine, in the show. Damn it.

The last two episodes should be insane.  Either that or some of the story lines will carry over.  But the stark vs lanister war should be good.

I wonder if drogo and his boys will make it to kings landing in this season.  (he really wanted that throat rip.....should have gone for the turkey)

Interested to see if they will make the bastard stark go to war or keep him at the wall to flesh out the night walker story line.  I hope they keep him at the wall. 

I don't know why calisee (sp?) is trying to save all the women....she is jocking drogo's swag, not feeling it. 

The last two episodes should be insane.  Either that or some of the story lines will carry over.  But the stark vs lanister war should be good.

I wonder if drogo and his boys will make it to kings landing in this season.  (he really wanted that throat rip.....should have gone for the turkey)

Interested to see if they will make the bastard stark go to war or keep him at the wall to flesh out the night walker story line.  I hope they keep him at the wall. 

I don't know why calisee (sp?) is trying to save all the women....she is jocking drogo's swag, not feeling it. 

^
It's probably not comfortable for her to watch women get raped.  She's not about that savage lifestyle.  Drogo listens to whatever she says now.

It looks like from the preview she gets hurt during one of the battles.  They show her unconscious on the ground and covered with blood.

^
It's probably not comfortable for her to watch women get raped.  She's not about that savage lifestyle.  Drogo listens to whatever she says now.

It looks like from the preview she gets hurt during one of the battles.  They show her unconscious on the ground and covered with blood.

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Syrio is a beast! Should have taken a real sword from one of the guards he took out
Yeah, he took out those 5 guards with the quickness, just using a wooden sword.  That was nice.  Since we didn't see him go down, I'm hoping that wasn't the last we see of him.  (People who have read the books -- don't tell me).  

Another guy I hope we seek again is the old knight who lost his job to Jamie Lannister at the end of last night's episode.  I think he wanted to spill some blood, but knew the numbers weren't on his side.  It would be nice if joins up with the Starks to try and get some revenge for the Lannisters kicking him to the curb.

Originally Posted by CoolNClutch

Syrio is a beast! Should have taken a real sword from one of the guards he took out
Yeah, he took out those 5 guards with the quickness, just using a wooden sword.  That was nice.  Since we didn't see him go down, I'm hoping that wasn't the last we see of him.  (People who have read the books -- don't tell me).  

Another guy I hope we seek again is the old knight who lost his job to Jamie Lannister at the end of last night's episode.  I think he wanted to spill some blood, but knew the numbers weren't on his side.  It would be nice if joins up with the Starks to try and get some revenge for the Lannisters kicking him to the curb.

I hope we see the youngest daughter in action. I wanna bet that Syrio killed that guard and will go ham on the Lannisters

I hope we see the youngest daughter in action. I wanna bet that Syrio killed that guard and will go ham on the Lannisters

I was smh at Robb the whole night, dude is about to be destroyed by Tywin. Looks like he's just like his father righteous to the point of idiocy.

I was smh at Robb the whole night, dude is about to be destroyed by Tywin. Looks like he's just like his father righteous to the point of idiocy.

Back
Top Bottom