HBO's Series: Game of Thrones (4/17, 9:00-10:05 p.m. ET/PT)

Yeah jamie is actually a decent dude though he's a lannister and is banging his sister. As much a tragic figure as tyrion in how the relationship with the father plays out. Cheating and reading the wiki, son will be one of the deeper characters.

Yeah jamie is actually a decent dude though he's a lannister and is banging his sister. As much a tragic figure as tyrion in how the relationship with the father plays out. Cheating and reading the wiki, son will be one of the deeper characters.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by lawdog1

^^^ He said that he'd fight Rob one-on-one to effectively determine who wins the war. If Jamie wins the fight, the Lannisters win the war. If Rob wins, the Starks win. Rob knew Jamie would beat him one-one-one, so he said no.  
i think rob feels jamie would cheat to win, i dont think jamie can beat him he is a coward 

Now, It's a bit hard to defend Jamie, but when it comes to Sword play, the Old Knight is the only character they make reference to that can get with Jamie. Even though his dad gives him a hard time, even he said Jamie can do things on the battle field that few can match. He took 10 Soldiers out by himself before that were able to capture him at the end of the battle. He would murk Rob with ease. Ned put up a good fight before he was stabbed in the leg. John would probably do the best out of all of them. He proved at the wall he can fight 5 guys coming at him armed with swords.

^^^ He said that he'd fight Rob one-on-one to effectively determine who wins the war. If Jamie wins the fight, the Lannisters win the war. If Rob wins, the Starks win. Rob knew Jamie would beat him one-one-one, so he said no.  
i think rob feels jamie would cheat to win, i dont think jamie can beat him he is a coward 

Now, It's a bit hard to defend Jamie, but when it comes to Sword play, the Old Knight is the only character they make reference to that can get with Jamie. Even though his dad gives him a hard time, even he said Jamie can do things on the battle field that few can match. He took 10 Soldiers out by himself before that were able to capture him at the end of the battle. He would murk Rob with ease. Ned put up a good fight before he was stabbed in the leg. John would probably do the best out of all of them. He proved at the wall he can fight 5 guys coming at him armed with swords.

Originally Posted by Guppetto

Rapists and criminals don't count.  They are like a quarter of a man each at best because they've never really handled a sword in their lives.

Rapists and criminals don't count.  They are like a quarter of a man each at best because they've never really handled a sword in their lives.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

i thought ned always thought he was a joke because he stabs people in the back instead of fighting them like a man...thats why i got that he was a coward 
he did put up a good fight against ned until his guy stabbed him

i thought ned always thought he was a joke because he stabs people in the back instead of fighting them like a man...thats why i got that he was a coward 

Jon has that Valyrian steel sword though

Jon has that Valyrian steel sword though

Aside from Jamie stabbing the "mad king" in the back, all other indications have been that he is a good warrior and skilled with the sword.  But his "king slayer" reputation does seem to override everything else.   

Aside from Jamie stabbing the "mad king" in the back, all other indications have been that he is a good warrior and skilled with the sword.  But his "king slayer" reputation does seem to override everything else.   

Jamie has a bad rep because he stabbed the Mad King in the back. That's why he's always bothered by that Kingslayer nickname that's been given to him. But before that, and for King Robert as well, he was part of the Kingsguard which is basically made up of the best of the best. Jamie is no joke.

Jamie has a bad rep because he stabbed the Mad King in the back. That's why he's always bothered by that Kingslayer nickname that's been given to him. But before that, and for King Robert as well, he was part of the Kingsguard which is basically made up of the best of the best. Jamie is no joke.

Click on the spoiler to hear about an interesting relationship between characters from this weeks episode. It's not really a spoiler but many people haven't put the pieces together if you haven't read the book.

Spoiler [+]
This isn't really a spoiler but from reading the first book up until this last episode I found it interesting that the head of castle black is the father of Jorah Mormont.

Jorah is the exiled man who protects Daenerys the Khaleesi and was exiled and hunted by stark. He was the one who was supposed to get the sword that Jon Snow now has but he disgraced his father and was sent into exile.

Click on the spoiler to hear about an interesting relationship between characters from this weeks episode. It's not really a spoiler but many people haven't put the pieces together if you haven't read the book.

Spoiler [+]
This isn't really a spoiler but from reading the first book up until this last episode I found it interesting that the head of castle black is the father of Jorah Mormont.

Jorah is the exiled man who protects Daenerys the Khaleesi and was exiled and hunted by stark. He was the one who was supposed to get the sword that Jon Snow now has but he disgraced his father and was sent into exile.

Jamie has been a member of the Kingsguard since he was 16, has won multiple tournaments and has killed some of the greatest swordsmen in the realm. Robb IS 16 iirc and aside from training has never experienced real combat.
As someone said Jon beat 5 criminals who had no prior experience with swords. The books make a point of stating that fact.

I'm surprised no one has said anything about Maester Aemon revealing his true lineage and what implications that could have.

Jamie has been a member of the Kingsguard since he was 16, has won multiple tournaments and has killed some of the greatest swordsmen in the realm. Robb IS 16 iirc and aside from training has never experienced real combat.
As someone said Jon beat 5 criminals who had no prior experience with swords. The books make a point of stating that fact.

I'm surprised no one has said anything about Maester Aemon revealing his true lineage and what implications that could have.

^^^ I think what happened with Ned is kind of making it hard to focus on some of the other things that went down in the episode. The revalation that there's another living Targareyan was big, but all the stuff that went down with Drogo and Deanerys was crazy too. Last week we were all thinking Drogo was pretty much invinceable and now it looks like its the end of the line for him, unless the "blood magic" works (and that's assuming the witch really did try to save him with the magic).

^^^ I think what happened with Ned is kind of making it hard to focus on some of the other things that went down in the episode. The revalation that there's another living Targareyan was big, but all the stuff that went down with Drogo and Deanerys was crazy too. Last week we were all thinking Drogo was pretty much invinceable and now it looks like its the end of the line for him, unless the "blood magic" works (and that's assuming the witch really did try to save him with the magic).

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

holy sith!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

that ending was really unexpected!
how many more eps we have?

Just one more this season.  Then True Blood takes over again as the flagship HBO Sunday night show.  But I'm pretty sure that HBO has already green-lighted a second season of GOT.  So basically, one more episode for 2011, then we'll probably have to wait about a year for more.   

The second season was ordered by HBO before the series even premiered. This made me even more interested in this series because rarely does HBO produces duds.

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

holy sith!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

that ending was really unexpected!
how many more eps we have?

Just one more this season.  Then True Blood takes over again as the flagship HBO Sunday night show.  But I'm pretty sure that HBO has already green-lighted a second season of GOT.  So basically, one more episode for 2011, then we'll probably have to wait about a year for more.   

The second season was ordered by HBO before the series even premiered. This made me even more interested in this series because rarely does HBO produces duds.

Back
Top Bottom