HBO's Series: Game of Thrones (4/17, 9:00-10:05 p.m. ET/PT)

I finished all 5. Must say that they are great reads. The ending of book 5 sucked because my favorite character died. But oh that is the way he writes his books and makes them interesting.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

The ending of book 5 sucked because my favorite character died. But oh that is the way he writes his books and makes them interesting.

Spoiler [+]
That's not entirely accurate...

The ending of book 5 sucked because my favorite character died. But oh that is the way he writes his books and makes them interesting.

Spoiler [+]

Damn.  I've been fiending to read the 5th book.  I might just bite the bullet and buy the giant hardcover.
I started to like all the parts of the books that take place in Dorne.  It really seems like such a different place from the other kingdoms.  Seeing the Red Viper on screen would be sick.  He's one of the most badass people in the books.

Damn.  I've been fiending to read the 5th book.  I might just bite the bullet and buy the giant hardcover.
I started to like all the parts of the books that take place in Dorne.  It really seems like such a different place from the other kingdoms.  Seeing the Red Viper on screen would be sick.  He's one of the most badass people in the books.

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Spoiler [+]
nobody is safe in these books. It leaves things rather interesting sometimes but
Spoiler [+]
i don't think he's dead. When people actually die, it's never left ambiguously open ended. He does that to keep suspense up. I'll bet $500 that he is still alive

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Spoiler [+]
nobody is safe in these books. It leaves things rather interesting sometimes but
Spoiler [+]
i don't think he's dead. When people actually die, it's never left ambiguously open ended. He does that to keep suspense up. I'll bet $500 that he is still alive

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

Originally Posted by QuestLife

i recommend people try out the audio books of these. thats how i read them and i finished them in a few weeks while at work. they are all great except AFFC, which isnt read by Roy Dotrice. But Dotrice is back for ADWD. He's a great narrator.

Where did you get them?
they are selling them at Audble.com but i got them from the internets
devil.gif

Spoiler [+]
i dont think hes dead either btw or else he would have never left it open like that. also Mel can bring people back from the dead.

i recommend people try out the audio books of these. thats how i read them and i finished them in a few weeks while at work. they are all great except AFFC, which isnt read by Roy Dotrice. But Dotrice is back for ADWD. He's a great narrator.

Where did you get them?
devil.gif

Spoiler [+]
i dont think hes dead either btw or else he would have never left it open like that. also Mel can bring people back from the dead.

Where did you get them?
devil.gif

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
Exactly.  However when Thoros of Myr ressurected Beric Dondarrion he didn't know how, it simply occured.  While it isn't stated that she can bring people back it's reasonable to believe Melisandre (a far more powerful red priest) is able to.  One other thing to keep in mind though is when someone's ressurected they lose part of their memory.  By the time Dondarrion truly died he hardly knew himself.

Where did you get them?
devil.gif

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]
Exactly.  However when Thoros of Myr ressurected Beric Dondarrion he didn't know how, it simply occured.  While it isn't stated that she can bring people back it's reasonable to believe Melisandre (a far more powerful red priest) is able to.  One other thing to keep in mind though is when someone's ressurected they lose part of their memory.  By the time Dondarrion truly died he hardly knew himself.

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

I just finished the 3rd book
30t6p3b.gif

I'm about 700 pages into A Storm of Swords and
eek.gif

mad.gif

30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif

ohwell.gif

frown.gif

tired.gif

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

I just finished the 3rd book
30t6p3b.gif

I'm about 700 pages into A Storm of Swords and
eek.gif

mad.gif

30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif

ohwell.gif

frown.gif

tired.gif

I just watched the entire first season last night on HBO on Demand..Started ep.1 and watched it straight through without stopping..Why in the holy blue hell have I not been watching this show?..Oh, I know..It's because my wife said, "Camelot looks better, lets watch it instead"..I will be filing for divorce on monday morning..

I just watched the entire first season last night on HBO on Demand..Started ep.1 and watched it straight through without stopping..Why in the holy blue hell have I not been watching this show?..Oh, I know..It's because my wife said, "Camelot looks better, lets watch it instead"..I will be filing for divorce on monday morning..

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

laugh.gif

I tried watching Camelot, saw the first 3 episodes or so and never got back into it
A lot of people had high hopes for it and thought it would be another hit for Starz.  The development of the characters sucked though.  Eva Green was the best thing about that show.

I can finally continue with A Dance With Dragons since my semester is almost done.  I hope the character who dies isn't who I think it is.  If so, that family must've pissed off all the gods for them to suffer like that.  There seems like a lot of cursed families but they have it the worst.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

laugh.gif

I tried watching Camelot, saw the first 3 episodes or so and never got back into it
A lot of people had high hopes for it and thought it would be another hit for Starz.  The development of the characters sucked though.  Eva Green was the best thing about that show.

I can finally continue with A Dance With Dragons since my semester is almost done.  I hope the character who dies isn't who I think it is.  If so, that family must've pissed off all the gods for them to suffer like that.  There seems like a lot of cursed families but they have it the worst.

Back
Top Bottom