HBO's Series: Game of Thrones (4/17, 9:00-10:05 p.m. ET/PT)

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Excited for the season premiere. I hate Joffrey with a passion. My goodness. I wish they didn't kill off Eddard.

I'm assuming the books are way better than the show?

The books and the show, thus far, have been equally as entertaining and dramatically rewarding. The primary difference is in the fact that the books are much more detailed in terms of exposing back story as well in examining a given character's thoughts.

After finishing the third or fourth books, you will feel as if you got a masters degree in Westrosi History. It is amazing how much Westeros feels like a real place, with very plasusible historical events.

Then you read the fifth and everything you thought you knew changes.  Again.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by shogun

I have a theory about Benjen Stark

Spoiler [+]
I think "ColdHands" is Benjen Stark. He mentioned to Sam and Gilly that he was a member of the Nights Watch when he helped them escape from the wights.  
Yeah, I thought about that too.  I mean it would make a lot of sense and he's the most significant Black Brother who has gone missing.
Can't wait for The Winds of Winter.  I saw that the title of the final book will be A Dream of Spring 
smokin.gif
.  Can't wait [Bart Scott voice].  I have no idea how he is going to tie in all of these characters' stories but I can't wait to see how everything unfolds.  Everyone seems so far away but they're all slowly making their way back to the Seven Kingdoms.  The different religions is interesting as well, no idea how that will play out.

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by shogun

I have a theory about Benjen Stark

Spoiler [+]
I think "ColdHands" is Benjen Stark. He mentioned to Sam and Gilly that he was a member of the Nights Watch when he helped them escape from the wights.  
Yeah, I thought about that too.  I mean it would make a lot of sense and he's the most significant Black Brother who has gone missing.
Can't wait for The Winds of Winter.  I saw that the title of the final book will be A Dream of Spring 
smokin.gif
.  Can't wait [Bart Scott voice].  I have no idea how he is going to tie in all of these characters' stories but I can't wait to see how everything unfolds.  Everyone seems so far away but they're all slowly making their way back to the Seven Kingdoms.  The different religions is interesting as well, no idea how that will play out.

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Damn I feel like everyone is giving the 4th book a bad rap. It was different but I loved the Kings Landing chapters.

I don't think Book 4 is bad per se.

It's just that Martin did a complete 180 in this book compared to other ones by introducing a bunch of new characters while focusing minimally at best on the already established ones that fans of the previous books had become attached to. It was harder to get into this book compared to the previous ones because every character is more or less new.

On the flipside do, I like the outside looking in viewpoint of major things that happened in the previous book.

Is the season 2 preview available anywhere else?

That video ONegative posted isn't showing up for me.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by John Sterling

Damn I feel like everyone is giving the 4th book a bad rap. It was different but I loved the Kings Landing chapters.

I don't think Book 4 is bad per se.

It's just that Martin did a complete 180 in this book compared to other ones by introducing a bunch of new characters while focusing minimally at best on the already established ones that fans of the previous books had become attached to. It was harder to get into this book compared to the previous ones because every character is more or less new.

On the flipside do, I like the outside looking in viewpoint of major things that happened in the previous book.

Is the season 2 preview available anywhere else?

That video ONegative posted isn't showing up for me.
frown.gif

I cant wait till that kid king gets merked,

yall dont understand how pissed i got when he had ole dude executed.

Great show

I cant wait till that kid king gets merked,

yall dont understand how pissed i got when he had ole dude executed.

Great show

Back
Top Bottom