HBO's The Night Of

Not sure how to feel about the finale, or season really.

But I do think this season could have benefitted from an extra couple of episodes. And cutting out the Chandra smuggling drugs angle. :lol: :x

they had his location ...how would he explain being in the house the night of the murder ?
They have nothing putting him in the house.

Son can lie and say he knocked and she didn't answer son he waited a bit and then left.

the best part about the finale is that we know someone is still alive.

"dont ever threaten my family. i got a friend from New Jersey who would love to pay you a visit" (forgot the exact quote)

9ec35df69f56baf3f1407dbc3b6798fa.jpg
I thought he said get one of his clients to take care of you.

Don't recall him saying New Jersey.

Last edited:
Brah whatever the motivation was for Chandra to kiss him, the writers used that to move the story forward with Stone.

I really think you're way too caught up on it.

But for a show that was supposed to be such a realist portrayal of the criminal justice system that just seemed really forced.
Naz had also seemed like he was cool with doing a bid :lol:

Dude was legit acting like he wasn't getting out. I get that you gotta do what you gotta do to survive in prison but he seemed the relish in it, almost enjoy it. He transitioned from prison newbie to hardened prisoner was too easy. It's like it was already in him. Not to mention his terrible prison tattoos. How does he plan on getting a decent job now that he's got tattoos on his neck and hands?
I think of it as him giving up cuz either way he's not getting a normal job. If he's convicted he's staying in jail forever and if he isn't then he wouldnt get a normal job anyway since most would remember him from this high profile case

Stone said something like "One of my clients, he's from New Jersey..." Didn't think anything of it at the time, but what a dope easter egg for Gandolfini.

Last edited:
That was literally my favorite part of last nights episode, and I didn't even catch it at the moment.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Fargo isn't messing with Golden Era HBO, but I think it's better than everything they air now...other than Thrones, but that has taken steps back in the last couple of years.

"dont ever threaten my family. i got a friend from New Jersey who would love to pay you a visit" (forgot the exact quote)

Gandolfini played John Stone in the original pilot. He is credited as an executive producer on this show even though he passed away.

"HBO initially passed on the project, but eventually gave it a limited series order. Gandolfini filmed the pilot in late 2012, then HBO picked it up just a month before Gandolfini died. After his death, HBO and the producers decided to move ahead with the project and credit Gandolfini as an executive producer.

John Turturro eventually replaced the late actor in the role of attorney John Stone, who is defending Pakistani-American college student Nasir Khan (Riz Ahmed), accused of murdering a girl on New York’s Upper West Side."

http://zap2it.com/2016/07/the-night-of-why-james-gandolfini-executive-producer/

Brah whatever the motivation was for Chandra to kiss him, the writers used that to move the story forward with Stone.

I really think you're way too caught up on it.
In storytelling terms this is what's known as a plot device. Plot devices are generally frowned upon. In any good story you want to be able to get from point A to Z by filling in points B, C, D, etc. A plot device is like going A - 1 - C, instead of A - B - C, just for the sake of getting from A to C. There was very little, if any, motivation established on screen for Chandra to kiss him. The writers just wanted that dynamic to exist for the plots sake. That's bad writing. There were quite a few plot devices helping this story get from A to Z. Some of you may be cool with that. I, and some others, are not.

I'm still lol'ing at their being no less than 4 suspects who could've done it.

Gandolfini played John Stone in the original pilot. He is credited as an executive producer on this show even though he passed away.

"HBO initially passed on the project, but eventually gave it a limited series order. Gandolfini filmed the pilot in late 2012, then HBO picked it up just a month before Gandolfini died. After his death, HBO and the producers decided to move ahead with the project and credit Gandolfini as an executive producer.

John Turturro eventually replaced the late actor in the role of attorney John Stone, who is defending Pakistani-American college student Nasir Khan (Riz Ahmed), accused of murdering a girl on New York’s Upper West Side."

http://zap2it.com/2016/07/the-night-of-why-james-gandolfini-executive-producer/
yea man thats why i said that 
laugh.gif

it was a nod to Gandolfini

but you can also look at it like HBO finally let us know he didnt die in the most subtle (maybe farfetched) way possible.

Back
Top Bottom