HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

No returns on Accommodation purchases doggie... That $200 entry level sub cost me $79
laugh.gif
If anything ill sell it and buy something else... whats a GOOD subfor >$150 IYO?

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

No returns on Accommodation purchases doggie... That $200 entry level sub cost me $79
laugh.gif
If anything ill sell it and buy something else... whats a GOOD sub for >$150 IYO?
i think you meant <$150. and honestly, you're not gonna get anything "GOOD" for that price. stack your chips until you canafford to spend at least $300.

thinking about it..the polk will work for now until you save up some coin to scoop up something better like the svs pb10

Yea im just in a pinch right now as far as what i can buy and how much time i have to buy it...

Im leaving Best Buy within the next 2 weeks for a job in what i actually want to do for the rest of my life and its either buy everything now for like 60% offor wait and pay full price... ill take a below average sub right now for the price.

Hey NT are these good HDMI wires. Got a new 60" Bravia and I need chords for my extra ps3 and 360's. Do these put out as good quality as MONSTERcables. I have a monster HDMI for my other ps3 and I wanna know if these will put out less of a good 1080p picture? thanks

LINK -> http://www.amazon.com/Med...id=1254680686&sr=8-1
any other HDMI suggestions (I can only order stuff from amazon at the moment)

Best Blu-Ray player for $200-$300?

It's for my parents' house, but I'm thinking of convincing my dad to get a PS3 until I get a place to myself. I've read some good reviewsonline about LG and Samsung models, and the PS3 still gets great reviews as a Blu-Ray player, but I thought I'd ask here first.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

It's for my parents' house, but I'm thinking of convincing my dad to get a PS3 until I get a place to myself. I've read some good reviews online about LG and Samsung models, and the PS3 still gets great reviews as a Blu-Ray player, but I thought I'd ask here first.

get the PS3 if you don't care about the newer HD audio formats (Dolby True HD and DTS Master Audio HD).

the PS3 cannot bitstream those audio formats, so you have the option of either sending the audio in Linear PCM or going down to regular Dolby Digital or DTS.

i have the Sony BDP-S350 , but the new Sony BDP-S360 can be purchased for the same price and bothwill bitstream Dolby True HD and DTS Master Audio HD.

Originally Posted by osubass1

Originally Posted by JDB1523

It's for my parents' house, but I'm thinking of convincing my dad to get a PS3 until I get a place to myself. I've read some good reviews online about LG and Samsung models, and the PS3 still gets great reviews as a Blu-Ray player, but I thought I'd ask here first.
get the PS3 if you don't care about the newer HD audio formats (Dolby True HD and DTS Master Audio HD).

the PS3 cannot bitstream those audio formats, so you have the option of either sending the audio in Linear PCM or going down to regular Dolby Digital or DTS.
the new PS3 slim will bitstream......but yeah the PS3 is probably the best value for what you pay, especially if you game

thanks to nnarum I'm going back to best buy on payday to get a 58in panasonic plasma. I hate you in a loving way.

Originally Posted by MarTdiZzle23

Hey NT are these good HDMI wires. Got a new 60" Bravia and I need chords for my extra ps3 and 360's. Do these put out as good quality as MONSTER cables. I have a monster HDMI for my other ps3 and I wanna know if these will put out less of a good 1080p picture? thanks

anyone? thanks

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

thanks to nnarum I'm going back to best buy on payday to get a 58in panasonic plasma. I hate you in a loving way.
Ayo?
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Waiting for stuff in the mail is the worst
smh.gif

Meanwhile Polk overcharged me by $180 on my fronts and center
alien.gif

And i think ive decided on building a sort of cubby/platform that will go under my TV to fit my Center speaker... freaking thing is 20x6x9 so I gotta figure out where to find wood wide enough to build a good cab for it but hopefully ill get it done and it wont look strange

Hey NT are these good HDMI wires. Got a new 60" Bravia and I need chords for my extra ps3 and 360's. Do these put out as good quality as MONSTER cables. I have a monster HDMI for my other ps3 and I wanna know if these will put out less of a good 1080p picture? thanks

anyone? thanks
laugh.gif
you got got by monster

any hdmi cable that works will work as good as any other. find the cheapest one you can find and roll with that. try monoprice

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat193700050020

Pretty good deal there... Brings the 50" Samsung 1080p down to $999 and the Blu-Ray player down to $99... free delivery/setup

Cant believe i bought my first HD set 3 years ago for $1000
smh.gif
smh.gif
Gat damn Samsung 32" 720p smh

Fronts and center speakers are coming tomorrow so ill hook em up and take some pics at some point...

Dont have the speaker stands or the cubby built yet though...

Ignorance at its best - We have an HDTV in our living room, HD Comcast Digital Cable Box, No HDMI Cable, Normal Cables and the definition does not look verygood at all. I have seen other T.V's and the definition looks amazing when watching games on ESPN, GOLTV, and ESPN Deportes but on my parent's T.V, thedefinition does not look the same. Any suggestions? Should I go ahead and buy them a HDMI cable? or is it our cable provider? the HDTV that they bought? ThanksNT

Edit - I want to buy some HDMI cables but I don't know which ones to choose...would these work? They're from Monoprice
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]High Speed HDMI 1.3a Category 2 Certified Cable 28AWG[/td] [/tr][/table]
http://www.monoprice.com/...p;format=3#specification

Yeah....I have a question on HDMI cables too. I bought some generic ones at Best Buy (not in price cause they were $30 but in brand). I hooked them up to myPS3 and it says that it only reads at 60hz. I checked the box and it says that it only goes to about 60hz. Is that true? Does certain cables have a limit onwhat they can project?

And if getting better HDMI cables is not the problem, then is there something else that I am doing to make my video on the PS3 look better? I got the Blu-Ray"Planet Earth" and although there are only so many shots that are true HD, it doesn't seem as clear as I would think it is. Any tips would begreat....thanks.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

^^^ What kind of TV is it? What are the "Normal" cables that theyre hooking up with currently?

The brand of the tv is "POLAROID" and it's a 48 inch. Here's a picture of it:
i3xoch.jpg

I understand that the brand may not be the best but I still think that the image quality should be looking better than it does on my regular T.V that's inmy room. My dad said that he bought "composite cables" which are supposed to be better than component cables but the image is still horrible.

Back
Top Bottom