HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

laugh.gif
i saw one at a convention i went too early in the year ....they had ithook up to a gaming system w/ need for speed game playing ...also a racing setup with steering wheels and all that jive ...it was pretty ill playing a racinggame on 100+ inch TV
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I've been following thit thread and I've gotten a lot of great info. I just got the panasonic TC-P42X1 model plasama for $567 at BB and I wanted toknow how do I calibrate it? How do I go about breaking it in? I kno I have to leave it on for around 200 hours but at what settings & what channel should Ileave it on?

Deal hunters!

Sams has a 42" Panasonic for $579 right now. That is a steal. Plus you get their generous return policy if something should happen to it.

Also if you're looking for a step up, the G10 is really good. Also is approved by THX.
$900 right now for a tv that crushes any comparable sized LCD.
Amazon product ASIN B001UAEWSU

Amazon has a few Panasonic Viera HDTV + Blu-Ray Player Combos available with instant discount when you add to shopping cart. Shipping isfree. Thanks coobullets & kdawg954

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

thinking about it..the polk will work for now until you save up some coin to scoop up something better like the svs pb10

pimp.gif

Had the PB12 NSD, killer sub for the $$.

These polk, klipsh, sony, bose subs are squat compared to the pb10 and wouldn't touch the pb12nsd. Glad to see someone on hear with some sub knowledge.

LG 42LH40 42" Full HD 1080p 120Hz LCD TV - $599 + free shipping
http://www.frys.com/product/5897963

TV

TruMotion 120Hz
Intelligent Sensor Mode
70,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
Full HD 1080p HD Resolution

2.7ms Response Time (GTG)
500 cd/m2 Brightness
Wide Color Gamut
Super IPS Panel
Wide Viewing Angle
XD Engine[emoji]174[/emoji]
24p Real Cinema
ISFccc[emoji]174[/emoji] Ready
Picture Wizard
AV Mode II (Cinema, Sports, Game)
60,000 Hour Panel Life (typical)
NTSC/ATSC Tuners with Clear QAM

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Yeah....I have a question on HDMI cables too. I bought some generic ones at Best Buy (not in price cause they were $30 but in brand). I hooked them up to my PS3 and it says that it only reads at 60hz. I checked the box and it says that it only goes to about 60hz. Is that true? Does certain cables have a limit on what they can project?

And if getting better HDMI cables is not the problem, then is there something else that I am doing to make my video on the PS3 look better? I got the Blu-Ray "Planet Earth" and although there are only so many shots that are true HD, it doesn't seem as clear as I would think it is. Any tips would be great....thanks.
monoprice.com is your friend... ok ready... the one you might have bought is a category 1.. it can only handle 720p/1080i...
if you have a 1080p TV get a 1.3/category 2, hdmi... the category 2 can run 1080p...
you dont need the extra thick, long one (pause)... those are for running through carpet and junk... just get the regular one that is about 6ft or so....

Just found these two TVs on sale online:

LG 47LH30 for $700

or the LG 42LH40 for $600

both with free shipping. Anyone have thoughts on these? Which one is better? Any problems people are aware of? I was going to wait until black friday, but isit likely that I see better TVs in this size-range within the next month for a cheaper price? I'm looking for the most economical one, so whichever one hasa better cost-benefit... I understand the 47LH30 is a "lower" tv than the 42LH40, but is the difference in quality between the two worth more thanthe difference in size, and is $100 an appropriate difference?

try looking at the samsungs... thinking about getting a 55inch i havent decided what i want yet though...

eek.gif

[Magic Johnson] PLASMA, IS NOW BACK! [/Magic Johnson]

PanasonicZ1B.jpg

[h1]Panasonic's 1-Inch Thin Z1 Plasma Deemed Beautiful, But Pricey in First Review[/h1]Who says plasma is dead? The 54-inch TC-P54Z1 improves upon the V10 series, and uses a separate box and wireless HDMI receiver. And after an exhaustive review, HD Guru says it delivers outstanding color, deep black levels, and superior motion.
The $5500 beauty uses a G12 1080p NeoPDP panel. Like Pioneer's Kuro, it does away with a top sheet of glass and bonds an anti-reflective coating directly to the top glass. HD Guru says this eliminates the internal reflections between the top two sheets of glass that you see on all other plasmas.
With the user controls tweaked, we sampled HD and SD content using source material from Verizon FIOS, DirecTV and HD movies from Blu-ray discs via Panasonic's DMP-BD80. The deep black level and bright whites consistently produced images with punch; undoubtedly due to the real world high contrast ratio the Z1 is capable of producing. Although the Z1 didn't ace the HQV jaggies tests, we noticed no problems with any source material we threw at it.

To connect the TV to the receiver set top box, the Z1 includes a wireless transmitter that can be fixed to the back of the set. You also get a pair of "elephant ear" side speakers, and a table stand.

500x_PanasonicZ1Box.jpg

The receiver has a built-in HDTV over-the-air tuner, and Ethernet (for Panasonic's Viera Cast content…stuff like Picasa photos, YouTube, Amazon, and Bloomberg news). It's a sweet system, and HD Guru's review is definitely worth a read if you've got that sort of cash to throw around.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

do yall think i should cop a projector for my man room?
If you have the wall space, and if you can dim the lights enough to make it look good. Projectors are tricky and require a lot to pull off. I knowa few people who have turned their garages into a home theatre, it's just kind of cold during the winter
laugh.gif

Damn that Slim Plasma is Sick
that price gotta drop significantly tho
laugh.gif

Friday picked up another TV for the house32in LG LCD for my Bedroom. Nothing special but it was $470 so it felt like a deal I couldnt pass up

0312503e3c4efa02067cc2cf122f866794f6276.jpg

36835acae8794db1a8da0140c369003dac42b5e.jpg

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by Princetonchaney

120 hz is the fastest refresh rate...it just keeps motion blur away. Youll never notice the difference between a 60hz tv and a 120 hz tv.

If u want u can paypal me some $$$ and ill pick you up some HDMI cables for the low (circuit city employee disc.)
Don't do this. Buy your HDMI cable from Monoprice. Way cheaper and easier. $4.19 plus shipping for a 6ft cable.

Pioneer plasma doin work...
img85260613830cx8.jpg

damn, an hd picture taken with an hd camera? thats a clean screen?

Back
Top Bottom