HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Old fronts on top of new fronts
laugh.gif

Got my center hooked up and everything but been too busy for pics... soon though

I love how this thread picks up during the holidays..

*Please take the time to read back atleast 10 pgs back before beginning to ask the same questions over and over again..almosteverything about TV's has been answered already...with maybe the exception being LED TV's.

Also, Walmart will have a 46" Panasonic Plasma 1080p for $788 on Nov 7th

I swear, if I could go to anyone's house on a Saturday for football, it would be Gunna's
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Haven't been in this thread in a minute. Just copped a Panasonic TH-P50S10A, thing is massive.

Will post pics when I get a chance.

Amazon has the Samsung LN46B750 for $1429 plus if you buy by tomorrow you get a $150 discount. Discount is automatically applied when you checkout.

fraij da 5 11 wrote:
http://www.bestbuy.com/si...mp;id=pcmcat193700050020

Pretty good deal there... Brings the 50" Samsung 1080p down to $999 and the Blu-Ray player down to $99... free delivery/setup

Cant believe i bought my first HD set 3 years ago for $1000
smh.gif
smh.gif
Gat damn Samsung 32" 720p smh

Fronts and center speakers are coming tomorrow so ill hook em up and take some pics at some point...

Dont have the speaker stands or the cubby built yet though...

I had to jump at that deal even though I'm good with my sony KDL-52Z5100.

Tryna exchange the blu-ray for a ps3 slim but they keep asking me for the phone # to the person who gave it to me as a gift
wink.gif
............suggestions?

anybody know this policy with Best Buy and the Warranty program. My Toshiba LCD 1080p 40'' sound is acting shifty

What do i go about doing and how do i upgrade to a better TV
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

anybody know this policy with Best Buy and the Warranty program. My Toshiba LCD 1080p 40'' sound is acting shifty

nerd.gif

Did you buy their 4 yr warranty plan? If you did and it's within the 4 yrs, call them and they come out to your home and if it's unfixable, you'llget a new tv

What's the best value for a 54-58" 1080p plasma out there?

Ideally I would like to spend $1500-1700 for a quality plasma. I'm hoping black friday will have some sick deals.

Originally Posted by h3at23

nerd.gif

Did you buy their 4 yr warranty plan? If you did and it's within the 4 yrs, call them and they come out to your home and if it's unfixable, you'll get a new tv
Yes i got that. What if i just want to trade up and pay the difference for another TV if its unfixable>?

Originally Posted by targiu23

does anyone know how to play blu-ray mkv files on the ps3?

Download PS3 Media Server. Install it, Open it, It will detect your PS3 and merge with it.

Go to your dashboard on your PS3, under video search for media servers, it should pop up. All this does is allows you to stream files from your PC to your PS3,even if they are not compatible.

Find the file, click on the TRANSCODER file once you find it, then copy it to your ps3 or just stream it and watch it. It converts the file for you an allowsit to work.

Trust me, once you've dloaded the proram it'll work alot easier than how I explained it.

Originally Posted by h3at23

nerd.gif

Did you buy their 4 yr warranty plan? If you did and it's within the 4 yrs, call them and they come out to your home and if it's unfixable, you'll get a new tv
Yes i got that. What if i just want to trade up and pay the difference for another TV if its unfixable>?

I dont think so but ask them when you call

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

What's the best value for a 54-58" 1080p plasma out there?

Ideally I would like to spend $1500-1700 for a quality plasma. I'm hoping black friday will have some sick deals.
I would recommend the Panasonic 54G10 or 58S1 in that size/price range

nerd.gif

at best buy, you dont even need to buy the plan on their TVs that are 37 inches and up ( I think thats the limit)
I bought my 1st panasonic 42 in. plasma and somehow, more than a yr later, the board had cracked inside *shrugs*
I called Best Buy and they sent someone to repair but he couldnt so they told me to come in the store and get a replacement of equal or lesser price.

I dunno gunna... I never heard of someone getting a TV replaced without warranty after a year of owning and i was workin there up at customer service for overa year...

Almost finished with the box I made for my Center... Stain just needs to be darkened but it was getting real annoying putting coat after coat on so i just putit on anyways...

Throwing in a before pic from when I first moved in for comparison.

Before...

Now...

^^^^Man I hope your area never has earthquakes. That just looks so unstable chilling on there like that.

Back
Top Bottom