HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

^^^^Man I hope your area never has earthquakes. That just looks so unstable chilling on there like that.

Nah no earthquakes but regardless the box that its on is SOLID. Glued and nailed. TV isnt goin anywhere.

I been out of the TV game for a bit. The last set I bought was a few years ago when the Sharp Aquos D64 slims came out, but I am looking to replace out one ofmy older HDTV sets in my living room.

Budget: Up to $2,000 but looking for a smoking deal (arent we all?)
Size: Atleast 46" but preferably 50"+
General specs: atleast 120hz 1080P

Looking primarily for a LED or slim design LCD. I need to mount it on my wall and my viewing distance from couch to estimated screen setup is limited (about10ft and change) so I need every inch I can get.

Anyone know if any of the major retailers are going to have any LED sets on Black Friday sales?

Thanks in advance.

Which TV and deal is better? Suggestions needed.

Samsung 46" 1080p LCD HDTV (LN46B500P3FXZA) - $847.99

or

Sony 46" 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV (Model # KDL465504) - $852.99

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

I need a 240hz, time to move up. Just waiting for good deals to pop up

Seriously. My TV reads 120hz but for some reason it projects it at half that, but I saw the 240hx joints and they just look amazing. It just flows a lotbetter.

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

or

What's the Hz on tha sammy?

You might wanna compare the specs.

You can get a nice Plasma for that price

real talk.. how MUCH better are plasmas in terms of picture quality compared to higher end LCD TVs???..

i was looking into a 37" Panasonic Viera 1080p 120Hz... but the price for this one Panasonic Plasma 42" got me thinking otherwise..

so this thing about 40-42" for 350 this Black Friday--what the the likelihood of that actually happening? And for a GOOD tv??

I'm not a guy, and I really don't "care" a whole lot just so long as it shows what it's supposed to show, when it's supposed to show.I could honestly care less about watching things in HD, I just want a sharp, clear, picture. I want a flat screen more for design purposes thanfunctionality---but I want something that will last at least 3 years with no problems

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

for a bedroom? if it's a small bedroom, get a 32-37

getting too big of a tv can mess up your eyes.
living room, living room not that big tho

13337_596942370630_8903431_34091944_1341807_n.jpg

that corner is where it would go...and the couch would go right about where that waste bin is.

ok audio techs I need assistance. I have a sammy a650 series and my logitech z5500 speakers. I hooked up my speakers to my tv via an optical cable but I canonly seem to hear from my front speakers. I have the speakers set to PL Movie mode. I did a test on my speakers and they all work but I cannot get it to workon surround sound. Please help.

Originally Posted by taz92

ok audio techs I need assistance. I have a sammy a650 series and my logitech z5500 speakers. I hooked up my speakers to my tv via an optical cable but I can only seem to hear from my front speakers. I have the speakers set to PL Movie mode. I did a test on my speakers and they all work but I cannot get it to work on surround sound. Please help.
digital connection is stereo aka 2.1

go to effect and throw it on stereo x2

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

that corner is where it would go...and the couch would go right about where that waste bin is.

42 would be cool in that space..

thanks alot. I will change to stereo x2. qill this give me surround sound?

Going analog and that's not possible with a tv since those are meant for pc's. Stereo is also all that an optical connection can handle

Originally Posted by taz92

ok audio techs I need assistance. I have a sammy a650 series and my logitech z5500 speakers. I hooked up my speakers to my tv via an optical cable but I can only seem to hear from my front speakers. I have the speakers set to PL Movie mode. I did a test on my speakers and they all work but I cannot get it to work on surround sound. Please help.
digital connection is stereo aka 2.1

go to effect and throw it on stereo x2

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

42 would be cool in that space..
so now what about this question???

so this thing about 40-42" for 350 this Black Friday--what the the likelihood of that actually happening? And for a GOOD tv??

I'm not a guy, and I really don't "care" a whole lot just so long as it shows what it's supposed to show, when it's supposed to show. I could honestly care less about watching things in HD, I just want a sharp, clear, picture. I want a flat screen more for design purposes than functionality---but I want something that will last at least 3 years with no problems

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

or

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Where are these deals from??[/color]

Ok here's my question. I've got 4 Samsung models picked out and they range from 26-46''. Not really concerned with anything but the specs onthem. Overall, which model would be the best? I would use it for over the air digital TV, PS2, PS3, Sega Genesis, Computer monitor, and movies. Mainly spend85% of my free time on the computer.

Samsung Model - PricePoint in July - PricePoint Today
(Prices from walmart.com)

LN46B530 - $998, $929
LN40B530 - $798, $714
LN32B360 - $528, $444
LN26B360 - $448, $386

Right now I'm leaning towards the 32'' - It's for a bedroom, but my room is fairly large. Any help and/or suggestions would be appreciated.

So I have this TV and I've decided I want to mount it tothe wall. I seen someone post a good wall mount for real cheap a few pages back but I'm wondering if it's compatible, I guess you can say, for my TV. Idon't want to buy it and not have it fit or whatever. Thanks.

Mount

i ave a lg 50px1d and the power supply messed up, the tv repair guy that i took it to wants 350 to fix should i take to someone else or go ahead and buy a newtv

Back
Top Bottom