HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

I'm in the market for a new receiver, what exactly should I be looking for?

I want some damn good quality sound, I'm also lacking a subwoofer but I wouldn't be against getting a whole new set (receiver with speaks/sub etc).

I have my 42" Samsung flat panel and a 26" VIZIO 1080p flat panel as my pc monitor. Safe to say the audio sucks on both so I'd like to set up my xbox 360 and directv to my surround sound.

I wouldn't want no entry level receiver that's 200$ (that's what I have, a Yamaha HTR-5830), but nothing top of the line $1000+ since its just for the receiver. I can deal with getting speakers later on unless I find a great deal with everything.

I'm sure there are some good ones for reasonable prices, I just not familiar with the specs and/or what I should look for. I know most have HDMI connections now (although some are stringy with the optical connections).

I have my XBOX 360 connected to my VIzio Flat Panel since its much better for gaming than my older 42" LCD TV, but the audio is so bad on the television I connected it to my receiver through the TV's headphone jack cause its the only cable I have (headphone to RCA cable). Safe to say it sounds like !#+%, but that's only because I'm still waiting on my optical audio cables to arrive from newegg.
laugh.gif

what is the purpose of a surge protector and how many components should i go by getting one i have a printer, ps3, 32" tv and dvd player, and dvr to hook up

Well, I bought my Samsung 1080p Flat Panel LCD TV in 2006 for about two grand (top of the line at the time) but since I'm moving I will no longer wish to use the wall mount. Problem is I have no idea where the Flat TV base is so I can't stand the TV up anymore, so I just gave it to my younger brother.

What's a good solid 1080p television nowadays. I don't want to go crazy and spend over a G since TV's are so much cheaper nowadays, plus ANY TV would probably be an upgrade over my current one. I would prefer Samsung but am open to other brands (as long as the TV is black).
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Well, I bought my Samsung 1080p Flat Panel LCD TV in 2006 for about two grand (top of the line at the time) but since I'm moving I will no longer wish to use the wall mount. Problem is I have no idea where the Flat TV base is so I can't stand the TV up anymore, so I just gave it to my younger brother.

What's a good solid 1080p television nowadays. I don't want to go crazy and spend over a G since TV's are so much cheaper nowadays, plus ANY TV would probably be an upgrade over my current one. I would prefer Samsung but am open to other brands (as long as the TV is black).
laugh.gif
http://www.bestbuy.com/si...284214&skuId=9244301

Problem solved. Plus money to save.

That TV is pretty dope for its price, but I wanted to save a few bucks and just bought a TV stand with built in tv mount (cheap one at pc richard)....i'll post some photos later.

I've finally stepped my TV up. Got a Samsung 40'' 120 hz 1080p LCD. It's like night and day compared to this old 90s style Sony TV I had. Just my luck though, the PS3 broke twice.

Quick question...

I'm going to be buying a Vizio 720p. 32" soon, but you guys recommend anything else i should buy with the tv?

All im gonna be using it for is xbox and regular tv use...and i wanna get the full "hd effect".

Also, if Vizio doesn't work out, you guys recommend any other brand for the same size?

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Just ordered another Samsung 40in LCD. 

Pics coming Soon on Delivery Day
smile.gif
Pics?
pimp.gif
My bad, I totally forgot about this post
its just a 5 series 1080p Sammy, I bought a Bravia at first but I went back to BestBuy and saw this on ridiculous sale  and swapped em out

65715fea41aa09cb33f58c9302dbe3ca52cd8a9.jpg

e582517e634a7a95083c1ff574d22ce10a18f7c.jpg

Im in the middle of watching "Im through with white girls "on  PS3 Netflixx

the old Panny is giving me problems so its about to be put down

My Before and after pics
Before: My 27 inch sansui and a bunch of other stuff including a VHS
laugh.gif

My wire bundle/fire hazard
laugh.gif

After a 32inch sony xbr9 series

im looking for a receiver for around $300-400 i was looking at the yamaha RX-v565 is that a good receiver?

Back
Top Bottom