HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

ppl who are lookin for cheap hdtvs, look at the newspapers this coming week....

black friday gonna have some crazy deals
Sundays paper right?

Man that deal is crazy. I hear people complain all the time about tv prices. They just don't know where to look.

I gotta get another HDTV a 32" looking for a Samsung 1080p (gift for my brother for Chrtistmas).

eek.gif
599?

I need another HDTV like a hole in the head but that price is crazy!!!

***tempted***

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Man that deal is crazy. I hear people complain all the time about tv prices. They just don't know where to look.
Word... Best Buy WILL price match this too... you just have to make a stink and make sure the local boscovs has it in stock.

EDIT: BB will even take off an extra 10% if you mention it to them that would make it $540 for that TV...
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by The Fresh King

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Here's my set-ups. (Sorry for the monstrous pics)

In my main floor living area. 40" Samsung LCD w/ PS3, Xbox 360, DVR, Phillips Surround Sound System.
2qvteyr.jpg

The Blu-Ray collection!
1zzqkg3.jpg
This is dope.
I hope you stole all those Blu-ray's.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Boscovs has the Panasonic 42PZ80U for $899 and the 42PX80U for $599

http://www.boscovs.com/St...s[1]=Large+Screen+TVs

thats becuse thats what they are worth

if you go to http://www.buydig.com/shop/product....=cpc&utm_campaign=PNTH42PZ80U&sku=PNTH42PZ80Uhttp://www.buydig.com/sho...PZ80U&sku=PNTH42PZ80Uyou get it for 869 and its free shipping

I was wondering if the Sharp http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...oductdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&cs=19&sku=A1977316http://accessories.us.del...mp;cs=19&sku=A1977316that dell has for $799 is a better deal (42" 1080P LCD)

*%@ is buydig.com?

I hope youre not trying to say that it isnt a good deal if you can get that at BB for that price
smh.gif
laugh.gif

nope i didnt say that i.. i just said that a lot of the online retail stores have them for that price ..

btw im in nyc and !!% is boscov .. i never heard of it

Originally Posted by I am Furby

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

asked this earlier in the thread but didn't get an answer. are there any HDTV's out there that produce good quality standard channels? my brother got a 26" sony xbr about a year ago and the standard channels were horrible.

i'm mostly gonna be using it for gaming which is why i need HD capabilities but don't wanna pay $15 a month to get HD channels + cable box so that's why I'm asking for ones that produce good picture with standard channels.

are there specs i can look for to determine it or is it a lost cause ? i'm just looking for a decent priced 32"

Most of the new HDTV's have dual tuners, and you will find that if you plug in your cable line you will get at least a few channels in high-def without having to pay extra for. I currently have basic-cable with no HD options, yet I get around 7 channels in high-def. I know this does not really answer your question, but it is something to consider. Personally, I have found that rear projection and DLP sets have the best standard def playback, but most folks are staying away from these tv's in favor of LCD and Plasma.
yeah my brother's sony had that too i think. we got most of the local channels on HD and sometimes we'd pick up some adult PPV on it
laugh.gif

i guess i'll stick it out for a while longer until my cable provider steps up with it's HD channels.

i was at Best Buy earlier helping my parents buy their TV, and the Samsung 9 series is AMAZING
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

http://www.samsung.com/us...=&from_dt=&to_dt=

http://www.samsung.com/us...id=us_cpc_google_vdseries

plasma-left_m.jpg

thing has 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio.
yes. 1 million-to-one.

they had Transformers playing on the set in the store, and i swear i was about to reach out and grab Megan Fox if the sales girl wasn't looking
laugh.gif

all i can say is, it literally looks like you are looking out of a window. even if you can't afford it now, i recommend everybody just go down to yourlocal Best Buy and look at it. its amazing.

it's supposed to come in in about 3 weeks, i'll make sure to post some pics then.

Can NT gimme a reason NOT to buy a sony reciever ?

sony 920 reciever offers 5 hdmi + full 1080p upconversion for all video inputs...I know upconversion is fake and doesn't really look good, and of courseisn't in 1080p because of 24p, but it still seems like a good deal..and I can get it for 400 at BB emp price...

I like hte yamaha 863 but to get it for 460 I have to call it in and go through a bunch of crap
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by K8be wan Kenobi

Okay, I have a question:

I have a 52" Samsung DLP with the matte finish. Now My living room has two sunroofs (that don't have shades over them) and open windows all around. Basically, I can't see $$$@ on my TV during the day.

I'm gonna move that one to the basement where there's not much light, but I need to get a new TV that can handle a lot of glare/sunlight during the day.

Right now I'm primarily looking at the Samsungs, 6-series and up. Am I correct in saying that I need one with a matte finish, like the 630? If so, would you guys recommend the matte 6-series, 7-series, 8-series, or 9-series (I know the 9 is expensive as hell)?

Only the 630 offers matte "flat" finish...650 750 760 850 950 etc are all glossy 120hz TVs..and the 950 is LED backlighting, which is expensive butNIIIIICE

Get the sony 52 W4100 ...120hz and matte finish..better TV than the samsung 630, trust me. That 630 is shaky as hell, you'll regret it .. word to 52"LG70
nerd.gif

Question: I have Directv but the basic receiver D10 and bought an LCD HDTV recently which Directv reciever do I need to watch in HD?

and does Directv need to make some installation or do I just get the new receiver and plug everything in with an HDMI cable.

From the reviews I've been reading, the XBR8 is better than the 950. The XBR8 has triluminous backlighting and the 950 has only white backlighting. Andit apparently has a deeper level of black than the 950.

Quick question for anyone that can help me...

Do these new LCDs support old gaming systems such as NES, SNES, N64? Also, would it make a difference if it were a 720p or a 1080p to play the older gamingsystems?

Thanks

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

I gotta get another HDTV a 32" looking for a Samsung 1080p (gift for my brother for Chrtistmas).

When you get down to a screen size less than around 42 inches, 1080p is hardly necessary or even detectable unless you're going to be sitting just a fewfeet away from the set.

Save yourself some dough. $$

Originally Posted by miss kidd0

From the reviews I've been reading, the XBR8 is better than the 950. The XBR8 has triluminous backlighting and the 950 has only white backlighting. And it apparently has a deeper level of black than the 950.
yep, i rather buy XBR ...i copped a samsung last year ...returned within a few weeks cuz of the motion blur and exchanged it with a SONY XBR lastyear ...never looked back.

Originally Posted by i3allistic

From the reviews I've been reading, the XBR8 is better than the 950. The XBR8 has triluminous backlighting and the 950 has only white backlighting. And it apparently has a deeper level of black than the 950.
yep, i rather buy XBR ...i copped a samsung last year ...returned within a few weeks cuz of the motion blur and exchanged it with a SONY XBR last year ...never looked back.
Whats with this motion blur? Someone fill me in. Can't you turn it off?

Originally Posted by Kartoon2005

Originally Posted by i3allistic

yep, i rather buy XBR ...i copped a samsung last year ...returned within a few weeks cuz of the motion blur and exchanged it with a SONY XBR last year ...never looked back.
Whats with this motion blur? Someone fill me in. Can't you turn it off?

when samsung and sony had there 120mhz, samsung had a problem when u turn it high, you will see a ghosting effect ....it was a software issue, i called samsungand they sent me a firmware but it didnt really fix the problem, so i returned it and got the sony ...not sure if the samsung still have the problem...theymight have fixed it.

I decided to wait a little longer for a TV. The black friday deals this year don't get me. smh

Back
Top Bottom