Heads Up (Pause)...Evolution Of Jay-Z on BET right now

I'm suprised he didn't say tupac. Iv'e got in countless arguements about tupac better than jay. Smh.

Jay is nice you can't play that. Commercial or not, he's still universal. The most I like about his carrer is that he came from an underground settinglike fabo,clue,dmx, big l, biggie.. etc

While in that era he showed that he's raw on mixtapes and commercial joints. I know no one couldn't go to a club and not bob they're head to a jayjoint. It's a given. He makes good music.

But of all the lyrics he's spit that's what your basing his skill level off of??

I mean have you heard the last 4 or 5 KRS One albums?? Nastradamus?? Kool G Rap after 1995?? Ice Cube after 95?? Any Slick Rick album besides his debut??

You can't say Jay isn't one of the greatest based on 5 or 6 bars, because the guys you claim are better haven't been good for damn near 10 years each, with the exception of Nas & Face . . . Common is my man, but his last album was a veggie burger, straight up . . . That was that barefoot rap, coffe shop +*%! . . .

I'm prolly one of the toughest critics on here, and especially with Jay's work, but the case your makin for him not being top 10 appears to me to be hate . . . And I don't like that term because a side of me is like "if I don't like it, I don't like it/ that don't mean that I'm hating", but you can't deny talent when it comes to Jay. I listen to A LOT of hip hop, and have been for almost 15 or 16 years, and there's no way I could honestly say there's 10 rappers better than Jay Z . . . No way, regardless on how I feel about his last 2 albums, he's deffinetly top 5 . . .
nay put it down...

Mossman75

Speaks the truth

If it wasn't for all the things he did outside of rap dude wouldn't even be considered top 10...well to me at least.

Based off of pure talent alone I would put Big, Pac, Nas, and Em above Jay-Z.

Dude is so overrated it's not even funny.

I hear all the praise that you guys give him and I go back and listen to this dudes material, but I don't see what all the big fuss is about.

He's an average rapper...at best.

Nothing that ~N~ ever said has made me go wow...nothing that ~N~ said has made me thought about the song at hand like it was a story he was telling...nothingthat ~N~ said has made me go damn this dude is nasty with it.

Big slayed that ~N~ with no remorse on Reasonable Doubt on Brooklyn's Finest, and Em straight sh.... on him on Renegade.

And, to dude who said that growing up in Era doesn't matter...yes it does. That is the defining factor in everything.

Just like this mossyman74 named dudes from his era that were good so did I, but you ask a kid nowadays or later on down the line they they will say who is hotright now like for instance Wayne...later on it will be somebody else.

I've never felt Jay's music, and I don't think I ever will but he has made some cuts here and there that I liked and that's about it.

Yes, he does have a very good catalouge, but if I can't relate to it what does it matter. I, or any of you, ain't no boss or any crap like Jayportray's himself to be but you would all like to be that's why I figured ya'll liked him.

I related to what Big was spitting on Ready To Die because I could relate and understand what he was going through.

I don't know I guess you guys will call me a hater, but that's how I feel about Jay.

Take away all his accomplishments besides rap and he's an average rapper. But, I respect his business mind and sense.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Mossman75

Speaks the truth

If it wasn't for all the things he did outside of rap dude wouldn't even be considered top 10...well to me at least.

I hear all the praise that you guys give him and I go back and listen to this dudes material, but I don't see what all the big fuss is about.

Nothing that ~N~ ever said has made me go wow...nothing that ~N~ said has made me thought about the song at hand like it was a story he was telling...nothing that ~N~ said has made me go damn this dude is nasty with it.

Big slayed that ~N~ with no remorse on Reasonable Doubt on Brooklyn's Finest, and Em straight sh.... on him on Renegade.

And, to dude who said that growing up in Era doesn't matter...yes it does. That is the defining factor in everything.

Just like this mossyman74 named dudes from his era that were good so did I, but you ask a kid nowadays or later on down the line they they will say who is hot right now like for instance Wayne...later on it will be somebody else.

I've never felt Jay's music, and I don't think I ever will but he has made some cuts here and there that I liked and that's about it.

Yes, he does have a very good catalouge, but if I can't relate to it what does it matter. I, or any of you, ain't no boss or any crap like Jay portray's himself to be but you would all like to be that's why I figured ya'll liked him.

I related to what Big was spitting on Ready To Die because I could relate and understand what he was going through.

I don't know I guess you guys will call me a hater, but that's how I feel about Jay.

Take away all his accomplishments besides rap and he's an average rapper. But, I respect his business mind and sense.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Mossman75

Speaks the truth

Nothing that ~N~ ever said has made me go wow...nothing that ~N~ said has made me thought about the song at hand like it was a story he was telling...nothing that ~N~ said has made me go damn this dude is nasty with it.

Just like this mossyman74 named dudes from his era that were good so did I, but you ask a kid nowadays or later on down the line they they will say who is hot right now like for instance Wayne...later on it will be somebody else.

Yes, he does have a very good catalouge, but if I can't relate to it what does it matter. I, or any of you, ain't no boss or any crap like Jay portray's himself to be but you would all like to be that's why I figured ya'll liked him.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

An average rapper? I guess he just has 10's of millions of people fooled. Icould see why I barely come in here
tired.gif

Mossman75

Speaks the truth

208u0kp.jpg

My dude....Im a huge BIG fan......but everytrack on Reasonable Doubt runs circles around anything BIG has ever done lyrically.

indifferent.gif

How can you feel Ready To Die and not feel Reasonable Doubt?? Where Big attacked the tangible consequences of hustlin, and flirted with suicidal thoughts Jaywas channeling the effects money had on his everywhich way of thinking, and the drive he implemented while hustling . . . The albums go hand in hand . . . Youmay prefer one over the other, but you can't say you feel what BIG was sayin but you don't feel Jay . . .

Mossman and PuttingInWork, to me yall are just as bad as the people who support Soulja Boy, Gucci Mane and all the other garbage out there. When you make aconscience effort to hate on a truly talented dude it makes you look as bad as the fans who support music that's detrimental to the growth of hip hop . . .From what yall have said in this thread, I take your opinouns just as serious as someone who likes D4L, as much as you may think you know about hip hop,I'm here to tell you from what I've seen in this thread, yall don't know +%$! . . . Period

One of these buyers got eyes like a Kor-e-an....its difficult to read 'em...the window to his soul is half closed...I put the ki in.....
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Starvin Harlem

How can you feel Ready To Die and not feel Reasonable Doubt?? Where Big attacked the tangible consequences of hustlin, and flirted with suicidal thoughts Jay was channeling the effects money had on his everywhich way of thinking, and the drive he implemented while hustling . . . The albums go hand in hand . . . You may prefer one over the other, but you can't say you feel what BIG was sayin but you don't feel Jay . . .

Mossman and PuttingInWork, to me yall are just as bad as the people who support Soulja Boy, Gucci Mane and all the other garbage out there. When you make a conscience effort to hate on a truly talented dude it makes you look as bad as the fans who support music that's detrimental to the growth of hip hop . . . From what yall have said in this thread, I take your opinouns just as serious as someone who likes D4L, as much as you may think you know about hip hop, I'm here to tell you from what I've seen in this thread, yall don't know +%$! . . . Period

Hey, hey, hey.....Slow down now....

roll.gif
roll.gif
Im still laugin at the fact son said Slick Rick is a better rapper than Jay-z.

Take away all his accomplishments besides rap and he's an average rapper.
Son really said an average rapper
laugh.gif
... you don't get inmost people's top 5 being an "average" rapper. You don't have as many hip-hop quotables as Jay being "average"... even most Jayhaters think Jay is a good rapper they just don't like his music.

Mossman75

Speaks the truth

[Mike Epps] Kill yourself [/Mike Epps]

cause if you can't relate to Jay then who can you relate to? maybe with the exception of a Pac or NaS, Jay probably the most versatile ever...i thinkJay has pretty much made a track about anything that you can think of

Mossman75

Speaks the truth

indifferent.gif
I bet you think Pac still alive dontyou

Mossman75

Speaks the truth

I knew somebody would have my back on this
happy.gif

Its funny because all thru out this thread I never said Jay was wack, all i said that he was highly overrated. I stated all the rapper i thought were betterand i got attacked left & right. I respect all what dude did in hip hop, he made a big name for himself, set trends, good business man, take as you want itthe rappers i listed are better. I didn't name no soulja boy/flo-rida type rappers, i name rappers with better albums,better lyrics, and overall bettertalent. So it is what it is

happy.gif

Its funny because all thru out this thread I never said Jay was wack, all i said that he was highly overrated. I stated all the rapper i thought were better and i got attacked left & right. I respect all what dude did in hip hop, he made a big name for himself, set trends, good business man, take as you want it the rappers i listed are better. I didn't name no soulja boy/flo-rida type rappers, i name rappers with better albums,better lyrics, and overall better talent. So it is what it is

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You might've been better off listing some soulja boy/flo-rida type rappers b/c we would then know that your joking..
alien.gif

Originally Posted by mossman75

Mossman75

Speaks the truth

happy.gif

Its funny because all thru out this thread I never said Jay was wack, all i said that he was highly overrated. I stated all the rapper i thought were better and i got attacked left & right. I respect all what dude did in hip hop, he made a big name for himself, set trends, good business man, take as you want it the rappers i listed are better. I didn't name no soulja boy/flo-rida type rappers, i name rappers with better albums,better lyrics, and overall better talent. So it is what it is

My dude these N's is young so I understand why they are like the way they are.

To dude talking about me not relating to Jay's music, homeboy shut your stupid %+% up because can't none of you dudes relate to the sh.. he was/is/willbe spitting on any album because when he came on Reasonable Doubt he came of as a like coke crime boss, and none of you dudes on here was/is that...maybe oneday because I don't know what the future holds.

I said I could relate to what Big was spitting because he was talking about a struggle that I was going through.

Most dudes on here just goes with what's hot and agrees with other's that why you guys think the way that you do.

Yo if you like Jay cool that's on you, and like mossman I never said the dude was wack I just said he is overrated, and I could name some rappers who arebetter than him. I be going through listening to dudes catalogue, but I don't see what you dudes see so now I'm stupid, I'm a hater and my choicetaste in music suck.

Most of you dudes on/in here are young 11-19 years old so the 90's era rap was before your time so just shut the hell up if you haven't went back andlistened to his back catalogue. Same dudes who hold Wayne at the top, and a couple of years ago thought Dipset was the be all end all to rap.

If you holding a solid argument then cool I can rock with that, but if you coming with your stupid ignorance and not giving any information to back up anythingwhy bother.

Damn and abeautifulhaze I remember last month on March 9th you was praising Big
smh.gif
how times change
laugh.gif

And Nay, what all of the sudden made you a Jay-Z believer.

American Gangster was a good album, but if he would have dropped a dud we wouldn't be having this conversation because it's like they say"you're only as good as your last hot record that you put out" that's why dudes G.O.A.T.'s list is like a rollercoaster.

Damn dudes is going to tear me up in here, but I don't care I'm sticking to my opinion.

Based off of his catalogue one could argue that he is the best because of his good albums, but I just never felt this dude as you guys do.

NT branded me a Jay hater cause I thought (and STILL think) KC was a +++% sandwhich, and he did an awful job helping out his peers at IDJ . . . But I'm aHUGE Jay fan, but with me I gotta keep it real . . . The average NTer is gonna bow and praise Jay's every word, be it good or bad, not me . . . If Jaymakes TRASH, I will be the first and probabaly the loudest one saying it
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
, especially on here . . . You can say Jay Z's finger nail was toolong in a video and about 10 dudes will attack you. I defend 50 more because he gets hated on from all angles, majority of the time unjustly. I rarely find Jaybeing hated on and less than 10 of his internet soldiers aren't there to defend his honor the way a husband should do his wife.

In this case tho, yall seem to be hating to a certain extent. It just seems like you're goin out of your way to discredit an artist of his calibur, Jay Zis an AMAZING MC in my book, and not only that he has a VERY strong catalog to back it up . . . Of the bad +++% he's done/made it is what it is, buy Jayhas deffinetly made GREAT music, and his hot +++% to garbage +++% ratio is pretty good IMO

Back
Top Bottom