Heads Up (Pause)...Evolution Of Jay-Z on BET right now

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Mossman75

Speaks the truth

If it wasn't for all the things he did outside of rap dude wouldn't even be considered top 10...well to me at least.

Based off of pure talent alone I would put Big, Pac, Nas, and Em above Jay-Z.

Dude is so overrated it's not even funny.

I hear all the praise that you guys give him and I go back and listen to this dudes material, but I don't see what all the big fuss is about.

He's an average rapper...at best.

Nothing that ~N~ ever said has made me go wow...nothing that ~N~ said has made me thought about the song at hand like it was a story he was telling...nothing that ~N~ said has made me go damn this dude is nasty with it.

Big slayed that ~N~ with no remorse on Reasonable Doubt on Brooklyn's Finest, and Em straight sh.... on him on Renegade.

And, to dude who said that growing up in Era doesn't matter...yes it does. That is the defining factor in everything.

Just like this mossyman74 named dudes from his era that were good so did I, but you ask a kid nowadays or later on down the line they they will say who is hot right now like for instance Wayne...later on it will be somebody else.

I've never felt Jay's music, and I don't think I ever will but he has made some cuts here and there that I liked and that's about it.

Yes, he does have a very good catalouge, but if I can't relate to it what does it matter. I, or any of you, ain't no boss or any crap like Jay portray's himself to be but you would all like to be that's why I figured ya'll liked him.

I related to what Big was spitting on Ready To Die because I could relate and understand what he was going through.

I don't know I guess you guys will call me a hater, but that's how I feel about Jay.

Take away all his accomplishments besides rap and he's an average rapper. But, I respect his business mind and sense.
Wow...just, wow. I mean, it's really your opinion, and I respect that.

But without disrespecting your opinion, I would like to know what his accomplishments, besides music, have to do with his mic skills.

Damn dudes is going to tear me up in here, but I don't care I'm sticking to my opinion.

Based off of his catalogue one could argue that he is the best because of his good albums, but I just never felt this dude as you guys do.

This sounds VERY different than what you were saying before. If you would have said this from jumpstreet, then this whole argument prolly wouldn't begoing on

I rarely find Jay being hated on and less than 10 of his internet soldiers aren't there to defend his honor the way a husband should do his wife.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Damn dudes is going to tear me up in here, but I don't care I'm sticking to my opinion.

Based off of his catalogue one could argue that he is the best because of his good albums, but I just never felt this dude as you guys do.

This sounds VERY different than what you were saying before. If you would have said this from jumpstreet, then this whole argument prolly wouldn't be going on

I don't see how I changed up what I said...I never said dude was wack...he's alright, but I don't hold him as the god almighty being of rap likeothers or on here most do.

Never liked none of his singles...none seriously none of his radio singles I've never felt.

I still think he is overrated, and the only reason he gets as much praise as he does is because of everything he's done outside of rap from having all themoney, having Beyonce, fame, and especially for being in the limelight for as long as he has, but again that has nothing to do with art of rapping or havingraw skills.

I don't know man maybe it's just me, but I'm about to catch it again for this. Whenever I'm listening to my iPod this dude hardly gets playand when he does it's his hot albums, but how many times can I listen to them? I like listening to Big, Pac, some NaS, some Emenim, BigL, Big Pun, Wu, Jada, a lot of earlier G-Unit material, 50 pre Curtis, some Mobb Deep, my dude Nore, CNN, Buddens and the list goes on.

So it's not like I'm some numnuts from the sticks that doesn't know what's what because I do, but like I said take away all of hisaccomplishments outside of rap and just base him off of lyrics and raw talent and music to listen to and music to vibe to, and I would rather hear/listen toall I mentioned above, and yes even some of Lil' Wayne's mixtape stuff just to break from the norm because he is all over the place
ohwell.gif

I'm sorry I don't see things the way you guys do, but maybe if I keep listening I might...he's growing on me, but he'll never ever in his lifeexceed Big and on a scale of talent he could never see Em or NaS, and I ain't those two biggest fans either, especially that disgrace to Queens NaS.

I mean, the way you were coming across before...

Was like, there was NO WAY he was top 5, and that he really wasn't that good. More condescending somewhat, like someone was wrong if they disagreed.

But with the way you said it now, its sounds much different. I dunno, maybe its just me.

All I know is....Jay is my Fav rapper....And its NOT because of his business acumen....or his girl.

Fact of the matter is.....Marques Houston used to $*!# with and/or smashed Beyonce.....So, that theory about "You like him b/c of his girl" is out ofthe window w/ me. And there are people WAAAAY richer than Jay. So uhh, yeah. What makes his business decisions any better than 50's??? Or WarrenBuffet's ????

And the fact that you think that he's overrated and such....That's way cool w/ me. B/c if everyone thought the same way....World would be a boringplace.

And face it, sometimes its good to voice your opinion on things you feel strongly about....

Back
Top Bottom