Heat Will Break Chicago's Wins Record, Says Jeff Van Gundy

Y'all are crazy, I'm a laker fan but comeon this heat team is crazy! If two are off one night the one who's isn't can win a game. I expect total domination from a team that has 2 of the top 3 players on it. Lebron is gonna be throwing dimes all over the place. They win 75 games and you can quote me.

Y'all are crazy, I'm a laker fan but comeon this heat team is crazy! If two are off one night the one who's isn't can win a game. I expect total domination from a team that has 2 of the top 3 players on it. Lebron is gonna be throwing dimes all over the place. They win 75 games and you can quote me.

people are acting like this is Rudy Gay, Oj Mayo & K.Love...

these dudes already played together in the olympics, wade and Bron are top 5 players, Bosh in the top 10.

All high IQ players playing for Spoelstra and Riley....

people are acting like this is Rudy Gay, Oj Mayo & K.Love...

these dudes already played together in the olympics, wade and Bron are top 5 players, Bosh in the top 10.

All high IQ players playing for Spoelstra and Riley....

despite thinking lebron #%%!+* up with his decision count me in as one who cannot wait to see this team play.

despite thinking lebron #%%!+* up with his decision count me in as one who cannot wait to see this team play.

[h2]Scottie Pippen says record is safe[/h2]
ESPNChicago.com

If Jeff Van Gundy wants to back up his prediction that the Miami Heat will break the Chicago Bulls' record of 72 wins, there's a former Bulls star who's willing to take the bet.

[h4]ESPNChicago.com Bulls blog[/h4]
The latest news from Bulls reporter Nick Friedell. Blog

Scottie Pippen, during Hall of Fame festivities Friday morning, took exception to a prediction Van Gundy made to the Miami Herald that the Heat will break the mark the Bulls set in the 1995-96 season.

"Those guys' biggest goal is to win a championship and not try to win 72 games," Pippen told reporters. "But if Jeff Van Gundy wants to take a bet, I would bet him that they won't break it."

Van Gundy recently told ESPN 1000: "I would think that everybody would think they would have a great shot at it ... I just think if they're healthy, the discrepancy between their talent level and and the next level is so great, that I just don't see how they lose games. I think they're that good."

Pippen doesn't even agree that Miami is better than the Boston Celtics.

"You can put a lot of great players together, but it's about building chemistry," Pippen said. "There have been a lot of great teams put together. But that doesn't really seal the deal.

"I think that Boston is still the best team in the East. Miami has to prove themselves."

Pippen also pointed out that Van Gundy, who coached the New York Knicks and Houston Rockets, couldn't break the record.

"I don't want to elaborate on what Jeff Van Gundy said," Pippen said. "Who is he to say that they're gonna break the record? He coached for numerous years in this league and he hasn't been able to break it, so we'll wait and see."

ESPNChicago.com

If Jeff Van Gundy wants to back up his prediction that the Miami Heat will break the Chicago Bulls' record of 72 wins, there's a former Bulls star who's willing to take the bet.

Scottie Pippen, during Hall of Fame festivities Friday morning, took exception to a prediction Van Gundy made to the Miami Herald that the Heat will break the mark the Bulls set in the 1995-96 season.

"Those guys' biggest goal is to win a championship and not try to win 72 games," Pippen told reporters. "But if Jeff Van Gundy wants to take a bet, I would bet him that they won't break it."

Van Gundy recently told ESPN 1000: "I would think that everybody would think they would have a great shot at it ... I just think if they're healthy, the discrepancy between their talent level and and the next level is so great, that I just don't see how they lose games. I think they're that good."

"You can put a lot of great players together, but it's about building chemistry," Pippen said. "There have been a lot of great teams put together. But that doesn't really seal the deal.

"I think that Boston is still the best team in the East. Miami has to prove themselves."

Pippen also pointed out that Van Gundy, who coached the New York Knicks and Houston Rockets, couldn't break the record.

"I don't want to elaborate on what Jeff Van Gundy said," Pippen said. "Who is he to say that they're gonna break the record? He coached for numerous years in this league and he hasn't been able to break it, so we'll wait and see."

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

ESPNChicago.com

Boom. Roasted.

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

ESPNChicago.com

Boom. Roasted.

I think they have the best chance to do it.

A key thing is for them to build a chemistry to where all 3 star players don't have to play every game. If 2 of the 3 can play in that last 15-20 game stretch and win with the other guys, it's a possibility that they can break the record. Having that luxury in your back pocket to rest Bosh, Bron, or Wade for a few games at a time will bode well when they need that extra wind during the playoffs.

Still, the goal is to win championships. The record is nice, but their focus should be on the Finals.

I think they have the best chance to do it.

A key thing is for them to build a chemistry to where all 3 star players don't have to play every game. If 2 of the 3 can play in that last 15-20 game stretch and win with the other guys, it's a possibility that they can break the record. Having that luxury in your back pocket to rest Bosh, Bron, or Wade for a few games at a time will bode well when they need that extra wind during the playoffs.

Still, the goal is to win championships. The record is nice, but their focus should be on the Finals.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

PUT SOME MONEY ON IT!

Back
Top Bottom