Heat Will Break Chicago's Wins Record, Says Jeff Van Gundy

Originally Posted by HITMOLICKS

to the People saying "they have yet to play a game together". So what?

Yeah team chemistry matters but it's over rated.

Is Mike Miller all of a sudden ganna stop nailing three's? No, if anything he'll get more open looks this year then he has throughout his whole carrer and shoot a carrer high %.

Is Lebron ganna all of a sudden stop being Lebron? And D Wade stop doing what D Wade does. Same with Chris Bosh.

What happened when the Celtics big three got together the first year after "not playing a single game together"?

The only thing holding them back from the record is injuries or they just stright up don't go for it. That's it.

The Celtics 3 compliment each other though and Wade/Bron have VERY similar games. Plenty of reason to be a bit skeptical. I think they'll get close but like I've been telling alot of people....this is real not 2K. They are gonna need some time to gel.

laugh.gif

5 pages off of what Jeff Van Gundy says?

Cuz he has such a stellar record on the claims he makes especially on basketball.

I can almost hear him saying all that in his more than obvious hyperbolic tone
laugh.gif
All I need is for Mark Jackson to reply with "C'mon son"

5 pages off of what Jeff Van Gundy says?

Cuz he has such a stellar record on the claims he makes especially on basketball.

I can almost hear him saying all that in his more than obvious hyperbolic tone
laugh.gif
All I need is for Mark Jackson to reply with "C'mon son"

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Is Mike Miller all of a sudden ganna stop nailing three's? No, if anything he'll get more open looks this year then he has throughout his whole carrer and shoot a carrer high %.

Is Lebron ganna all of a sudden stop being Lebron? And D Wade stop doing what D Wade does. Same with Chris Bosh.

What happened when the Celtics big three got together the first year after "not playing a single game together"?

The only thing holding them back from the record is injuries or they just stright up don't go for it. That's it.

The Celtics 3 compliment each other though and Wade/Bron have VERY similar games. Plenty of reason to be a bit skeptical. I think they'll get close but like I've been telling alot of people....this is real not 2K. They are gonna need some time to gel.

basically...and lol at team chemistry is over rated, it's essential to win an NBA championship. Playoffs ain't no walk in the park.

True they know each others games from the Olympics but even Team USA didn't run through everybody in international competition. Yet none of the players stopped doing what they were doing.

The Celtics also had some excellent role players that year   

Originally Posted by JsindaA

basically...and lol at team chemistry is over rated, it's essential to win an NBA championship. Playoffs ain't no walk in the park.

True they know each others games from the Olympics but even Team USA didn't run through everybody in international competition. Yet none of the players stopped doing what they were doing.

The Celtics also had some excellent role players that year   

I see 3 issues with the Heat;

1 - The playoffs are more physical then regular season, specially on the boards... I don't think the Heat are as good as the celtics/lakers/orlando in that aspect nor how they can make up for it.

2 - On the defensive end who is going to make the hard fouls (lebron averaged 2/3 fouls a game on the cavs), if wade/lebron/bosh don't want to foul out? I don't see mike miller c omitting all the necessary fouls.. that only leaves UH.

3 - What offence will they play? a run and gun offence (I love it, but I don't think they'll be better at it than the suns where (steve nash makes it easy)? if they play a half-court slower paced game they are gonna have issue #1 imo.

I see 3 issues with the Heat;

1 - The playoffs are more physical then regular season, specially on the boards... I don't think the Heat are as good as the celtics/lakers/orlando in that aspect nor how they can make up for it.

2 - On the defensive end who is going to make the hard fouls (lebron averaged 2/3 fouls a game on the cavs), if wade/lebron/bosh don't want to foul out? I don't see mike miller c omitting all the necessary fouls.. that only leaves UH.

3 - What offence will they play? a run and gun offence (I love it, but I don't think they'll be better at it than the suns where (steve nash makes it easy)? if they play a half-court slower paced game they are gonna have issue #1 imo.

Since when does anyone take Jeff Van Gundy seriously?? He was a crappy coach and an even worse TV announcer. No to mention the fact this team hasnt even stepped on the court yet.

Since when does anyone take Jeff Van Gundy seriously?? He was a crappy coach and an even worse TV announcer. No to mention the fact this team hasnt even stepped on the court yet.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Funny how a vast majority of the skeptics in here are Laker fans.

I don't think they'll break it, but they'll come close.
funny how you cant keep the Lakers and their fans out of your mouth

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

nah, i can, mr. L. 
happy.gif
 I'm just making an observation.

nah, i can, mr. L. 
happy.gif

You people all realize that Jeff is doing this for a reason. 

His brother was one of the first to criticize the Heat, their whole point is to put as much pressure and build up on the Heat as possible. 

Period. 

Jeff doesn't believe any of that record stuff, and the Heat probably don't even care about 73 wins.  For this to all matter, they have to win the title.  Jeff is putting added pressure thru the media out there so his brother's team can lay in the weeds and try to snipe them when the pressure is too much. 

That's all this is.  Oh, and in case you don't believe me, Stan and Jeff both have histories with Pat Riley, don't doubt for a second they want to get over on him as much as they can. 

You people all realize that Jeff is doing this for a reason. 

His brother was one of the first to criticize the Heat, their whole point is to put as much pressure and build up on the Heat as possible. 

Period. 

Jeff doesn't believe any of that record stuff, and the Heat probably don't even care about 73 wins.  For this to all matter, they have to win the title.  Jeff is putting added pressure thru the media out there so his brother's team can lay in the weeds and try to snipe them when the pressure is too much. 

That's all this is.  Oh, and in case you don't believe me, Stan and Jeff both have histories with Pat Riley, don't doubt for a second they want to get over on him as much as they can. 

nah, i can, mr. L. 
happy.gif

so am i...
nerd.gif

nah, i can, mr. L. 
happy.gif

so am i...
nerd.gif

Y'all are crazy, I'm a laker fan but comeon this heat team is crazy! If two are off one night the one who's isn't can win a game. I expect total domination from a team that has 2 of the top 3 players on it. Lebron is gonna be throwing dimes all over the place. They win 75 games and you can quote me.

Y'all are crazy, I'm a laker fan but comeon this heat team is crazy! If two are off one night the one who's isn't can win a game. I expect total domination from a team that has 2 of the top 3 players on it. Lebron is gonna be throwing dimes all over the place. They win 75 games and you can quote me.

Back
Top Bottom