Help me gain weight

Lift heavy and take protein and foods high in carbs...that's my advice but I'm no expert.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Originally Posted by nightruans

protein and carbs /thread

How old are you?

And what nationality are you?

Only about 3 years ago, I've always weighed about 145 and am about 5'8. My metabolism is pretty crazy since I don't even watch what I eat and I drink beers a lot. Now that I am 30 and have been going to the gym for the past year and a half, I now weigh 167 but I still feel like I am skinny. I still don't watch what I eat but I think my metablism is finally shutting down and with lifting, I am finally gaining weight here and there.

I would suggetst protein shakes and the gym if you can do it. I tried the beer diet and still am and it didn't even give me a belly. I guess that is a gift and a curse.

don't listen to these guys, eat one of those burgers with bacon, but instead of using buns use doughnuts.

I remember a NTer posted a pic of himself eating one. If someone could find it it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure the weight OP trying to gain is not the one you gain from overloading on McDonalds and burger patties on donuts....

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

don't listen to these guys, eat one of those burgers with bacon, but instead of using buns use doughnuts.

I remember a NTer posted a pic of himself eating one. If someone could find it it would be greatly appreciated.

He is trying to gain some weight, not die.
laugh.gif

Can I gain weight with protein shakes without actually lifting?

Yea, im lazy as hell but I wanna put on weight.

Originally Posted by enlightendespot

You are going to get nasty fat 
sick.gif

Weight lift is easy, its intense cardio that is hard.

Men have it easy , they gain muscle so fast. 

Na, not from my experience. Lifting weights triggers your body to start putting on mass, otherwise it's an uphill battle.
OP, go on craigslist and buy yourself a simple weight bench and start hitting that and drinking protein shakes. Might want to take some creatine too.

Basically, what most people said here. Have a diet that contains 40% protein/40% carbs/20% fat.
I use to load up on hard boiled eggs and grains in the morning, then periodic meals of brown rice, black beans and grilled chicken. Truth be told, I quit after a month. I really just couldn't eat that much in a day. Plus, chicken breast is expensive, especially at the clip I was going through them.

I've been thinking about getting some Optimum Nutrition Whey protein. What flavors do you guys recommend? I've heard good things about the chocolate.
And what do you guys mix it with?

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Men have it easy , they gain muscle so fast. 
gotta be *!$!@* kidding me

I been looking into this, I see I'm classified as a hardgainer, but seriously eating 6 meals a day is OD and expensive as hell, then to pay for a gym membership to work what you ate into muscle. It's a task that you really gotta be dedicated to day in and day out.

Instead of wasting $ on weight gainers go buy some ensure and drink them in between or during your meals 3-4x a day that's an additional 750-1000 calories on top of what ever your taking in and its easy to get down. Just make sure your exercising so you don't get fat.

you 130 and 5'9?????????????????? holy !$*% you must literally be skin and bones 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

im 160 and 5'10 chicks say im skinny
laugh.gif

OP just go on dat dere dreamers bulk cuzz and eat everything you want when ever you feel like it

Originally Posted by IHaveMyOwnOpinion

I've been thinking about getting some Optimum Nutrition Whey protein. What flavors do you guys recommend? I've heard good things about the chocolate.
And what do you guys mix it with?
I'm taking Double Chocolate, its good with water, but even better with milk.
I want to try Cookies and Cream but I heard its nasty with water.

Back
Top Bottom