Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
...does this South Korea thing highlight that entire business models are unsustainable at the moment?

I don´t see 35 mfs pedaling bikes to nowhere in a sweaty room for a good 2 years or so.

won´t catch cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 in a dank titty bar getting worked over by a masked rando randa for a minute.

how many airlines can afford to ALWAYS make 60-80 percent of what they were were before?

hell, the whole college model might have taken a punch in the gut...NOBODY is paying 50k to go to YouTube U.

remember how those club fires back around The Turn of the Century (start using that) used to kill like 300 people every time but don´t happen any more? if you live in a big city, you have probably heard that story.

yes, the rules changed, but A LOT of venues had to shut down for good or fundamentally alter themselves.

some things just do. not. happen. any. more. google up ¨10 cent beer night¨ for a funny example.

it´s wild to consider how quickly and profoundly things can change around you.

only way to do that is to drastically increase ticket prices.

I'm all for having to pay more

00271B75-F589-4BF5-B184-6C4B301C7903.gif

So the airlines get taxpayer money for bailouts AND the price of a ticket goes up?

No thank you.

We shouldn’t have to prop up Billion dollar businesses every time there’s a catastrophe.

TRUMP GIVES W.H.O 30 DAYS TO COMMIT TO SUBSTANTIVE IMPROVEMENTS IN ITS PRACTICES AND INDEPENDENCE FROM CHINA - BBG

Last edited:
00271B75-F589-4BF5-B184-6C4B301C7903.gif

So the airlines get taxpayer money for bailouts AND the price of a ticket goes up?

No thank you.

We shouldn’t have to prop up Billion dollar businesses every time there’s a catastrophe.
oh i agree. BUT, if it means we can avoid a packed flight, I'm all for it. Chalk it up to cost of needing to fly. I aint sitting next to someone on the plane unless its my fam.

No chance i would have stayed on he plane if I had someone sitting next to me. I would have walked off

Trump to Tap New Company to Make Covid-19 Drugs in the U.S.
The Trump administration on Tuesday will announce one of the largest-ever contracts to bring pharmaceutical manufacturing from abroad to a new plant in Virginia.

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration will announce on Tuesday that it has signed a $354 million four-year contract with a new company in Richmond, Va., to manufacture generic medicines and pharmaceutical ingredients that are needed to treat Covid-19 but are now made overseas, mostly in India and China.
The contract, awarded to Phlow Corp. by the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, meshes President Trump’s “America First” economic promises with concerns that coronavirus treatments be manufactured in the United States. It may be extended for a total of $812 million over 10 years, making it one of the largest awards in the authority’s history.
“This is an historic turning point in America’s efforts to onshore its pharmaceutical production and supply chains,” Peter Navarro, Mr. Trump’s trade adviser, whose White House portfolio includes the global supply chain, said in a brief interview on Monday evening. The project, he said, “will not only help bring our essential medicines home but actually do so in a way that is cost competitive with the sweatshops and pollution havens of the world.”
It was unclear why the administration decided to award such a large contract to a new company when an entire industry exists — known as contract manufacturing — that makes drugs for other companies. However, manufacturers that operate in the United States generally make finished products using raw ingredients imported from elsewhere. They do not make the raw ingredients.

its not sustainable. Not sure if doubling prices would help them either. Airlines were already struggling.

Honestly I know a lot of people hate the idea of a government-owned and operated airline but why not?

We as taxpayers are already covering their losses via a looming bailout.

A Government operated airline that works to keep costs low would benefit taxpayers.

Not going to happen I know but getting price gauged forever is ridiculous. Airlines keep decreasing leg room and charging more.

What’s next ? Want to fly delta safely? Pay more to sit in the clean air cabin. Don’t want to pay more? Sit in the economy cabin with air that is less filtered or something ridiculous and degrading.

Bringing your own mask and hand sanitizer? There’s a fee for that too.

its not sustainable. Not sure if doubling prices would help them either. Airlines were already struggling.
Part of the appeal of flying now was the low ticket prices and the promise (now broken) of not having to sit next to someone.

I was ready to pay more if it meant the flight was half-empty but the numbers just aren't going to add up so I agree with your assessment.

That said, when I need to fly next, I may just bite the bullet and pay for first class.

Arent annual flu shots mass produced to meet demands? Why would this be different? If a vaccine is successfully developed and tested, I'd imagine there will be a new admin by that time.
Annual flu shots are made by different pharmaceutical companies. It’s turned into big business in the last couple of years.

check this article from a few years back:
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2015/10/19/the-16-billion-business-of-flu.html

This time it will just be one companies’ vaccine that will be approved first with a demand that will exceed supply. Who knows how long it’ll be before another company gets approved to manufacture after the first one.

Just speaking logically and going by the history of fumbles so far like PPE equipment shortages and our N95 reserve being basically depleted before the virus even hit, the numbers don’t appear be adding up for a well organized, effective roll out for a vaccine.

Look up the White House whistleblower who came out saying that there isn’t even a roll out plan in place yet for vaccines.

People need to realize that just like normal folks now can’t get a good mask or cleaning supplies they won’t be able to get a vaccine later on.
Too many people going off this fairy tale magic ending that a vaccine is the be all end all.

On top of all this that old article brings up the question why is that flu cases have gone up in recent years even though flu vaccines are more accessible and everyone gets them?

Last edited:
Honestly I know a lot of people hate the idea of a government-owned and operated airline but why not?

We as taxpayers are already covering their losses via a looming bailout.

A Government operated airline that works to keep costs low would benefit taxpayers.

Not going to happen I know but getting price gauged forever is ridiculous. Airlines keep decreasing leg room and charging more.

What’s next ? Want to fly delta safely? Pay more to sit in the clean air cabin. Don’t want to pay more? Sit in the economy cabin with air that is less filtered or something ridiculous and degrading.

Bringing your own mask and hand sanitizer? There’s a fee for that too.
I understand your stance. And you're fed up from all of the years of **** service thats over priced.

But for me, I'm paying more all day to have less passengers. But, its going to take a lot for me to still travel by plane. I'm going to avoid it as lone as possible

I'll admit, I'm hopeful. If it was solely a governmental agency in charge of developing, testing, and distributing the vaccine I wouldn't have much hope, but since they're leaving all of the "important stuff" to companies with real world scientific knowledge and experience with the government merely overseeing it leads me to believe it could happen sooner rather than later. Best results come when the government has the least amount of input, which was most evident in the early phases of COVID-19 as CDC couldn't figure out how to get the tests right and the situation only began to improve as they allowed companies to innovate and develop better/faster tests. The part I'm not so sure about is how they plan to deal with the various companies who are all at different phases. Will only one be selected in the end? Will it be the one that shows the best test results, quickest to market, etc? Will a panel be formed to evaluate the best candidates by a certain point and "encourage" them to collaborate on a joint effort? Combining for profit motives ($$$) with something that's supposed to be in the best interest of the masses (effective, cheap/free) is likely one of the largest hurdles to overcome, IMHO. I'm fairly confident that there WILL be a vaccine developed and released in some capacity by year end, but as they say... the devil's in the details.
It’ll be interesting for sure to see who is selected. I don’t see the government approving all these companies that are in development right away but instead going with one (probably Johnson and Johnson) then slowly approving more.

Online learning really finna take off after this. Some people gonna understand that paying outrageous sums of money for the college experience is simply not worth it.
Yes and no. I can't 100% agree with this but i get what you are saying. For me personally, my degree got me ahead of someone without a degree for the same position. It helped me in my situation.

Back
Top Bottom