Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
“He said the body’s immune system had various ways to fight back. “What we need to bear in mind through this pandemic is that, though the virus may have some traits that are new or unexpected, the majority of patients recover,” Zhang said. “This should give us some confidence.””

I’m glad thats in there. Good to have some optimism with my bad news. :lol:

As much as I’d like to know if I have antibodies, this is a good reason to avoid testing right now. Good to know for now though.

That paragraph you quoted above, about the body's immune system has ways to fight back & that the majority will recover (once infected) tells me I am completely screwed!

Being a organ transplant patient (had a liver transplant in 2003), and reading this, is EXACTLY why I don't want to go back to work! I just cannot risk it! I can't put my wife through that! It's why I don't go anywhere other than drive to the grocery store with my wife (she's driving) for curbside and we walk out development during the day (it's large enough to be extra social distancing).

Yeah, I'm not old (early 40s), and in pretty good health otherwise (have severe Crohn's also, but no diabetes or overweight, as I'm 6' 185, and active) but if I catch this, I'm in serious trouble with my body not able to fight it due to the medication I take to turn off my immune system. I catch a cold like fly paper catches bugs. Very easily.

I'm sure some people will say I'm lazy for not wanting to go back to work (believe me, I'm NOT as I worked all during my liver failure back then being jaundice, and while suffering horribly late last year into January with Crohn's, a horrible disease that makes you have to use the bathroom 20-40 times a day at worst and that was me. Yeah, I worked through that!), but trade places with me. This virus attacks the internal organs and at it's worst, it shuts them down and does serious damage. Believe me, the pain I went through from that transplant is something I'll never forget (couldn't drink anything for 3 days. Only a sponge stick to wet my lips and by the end of day 3, ice chips in my mouth) and don't want to go through again.

I'm in a business that I see customers daily (auto sales) and I still can't fathom them coming in and sitting down in a showroom at my desk 2-3 feet in front of me. It's why I am thankful I'm on disability for my Crohn's but I worry what to do once it ends soon. May have to go onto UE for a while to see how the next few months translate in terms of spikes. This sucks when I hear all the different changes this virus has done. 😞 I know the new normal will be different but I still don't have to like it.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me why Trump is against face masks? That’s all I see on the news.

giphy.gif

putting aside the testing issue for now (I need to look up how much GA increased testing), this needs to be interpreted as not just a rise but a reversal of the ongoing decline that had been happening.

if Georgia is responsible, they'll find out which aspects of their reopening are leading to these new cases and can selectively shut those down without having to go back to a full stay-at-home situation.

Can someone explain to me why Trump is against face masks? That’s all I see on the news.
There's no need for an explanation, he's a clown.

not only is he a clown he's too vain and he doesn't want to give the media the pleasure of him wearing that mask

thats what he says

very stupid if you ask me

That paragraph you quoted above, about the body's immune system has ways to fight back & that the majority will recover (once infected) tells me I am completely screwed!

Being a organ transplant patient (had a liver transplant in 2003), and reading this, is EXACTLY why I don't want to go back to work! I just cannot risk it! I can't put my wife through that! It's why I don't go anywhere other than drive to the grocery store with my wife (she's driving) for curbside and we walk out development during the day (it's large enough to be extra social distancing).

Yeah, I'm not old (early 40s), and in pretty good health otherwise (have severe Crohn's also, but no diabetes or overweight, as I'm 6' 185, and active) but if I catch this, I'm in serious trouble with my body not able to fight it due to the medication I take to turn off my immune system. I catch a cold like fly paper catches bugs. Very easily.

I'm sure some people will say I'm lazy for not wanting to go back to work (believe me, I'm NOT as I worked all during my liver failure back then being jaundice, and while suffering horribly late last year into January with Crohn's, a horrible disease that makes you have to use the bathroom 20-40 times a day at worst and that was me. Yeah, I worked through that!), but trade places with me. This virus attacks the internal organs and at it's worst, it shuts them down and does serious damage. Believe me, the pain I went through from that transplant is something I'll never forget (couldn't drink anything for 3 days. Only a sponge stick to wet my lips and by the end of day 3, ice chips in my mouth) and don't want to go through again.

I'm in a business that I see customers daily (auto sales) and I still can't fathom them coming in and sitting down in a showroom at my desk 2-3 feet in front of me. It's why I am thankful I'm on disability for my Crohn's but I worry what to do once it ends soon. May have to go onto UE for a while to see how the next few months translate in terms of spikes. This sucks when I hear all the different changes this virus has done. 😞 I know the new normal will be different but I still don't have to like it.

You just worry about you, don't worry about what you think some people might think..Hell, they might not know your struggle. My wife has had 2 kidney transplants in her life(she's 35) and I took a leave from work back on March 12th to make sure I kept myself away from people(I also work for a car dealership) I couldn't take the chance of someone spreading it unknowingly to myself, and then putting both of us at risk. We don't go anyplace outside of our home other than to walk around our neighborhood, and we both haven't been inside of any stores(other than back in early May to Petsmart when we had to put our 15 year old lab to sleep) since March 12. It has been longer than that for her, TBH. I'm extremely grateful for curbside grocery pickup, and our local farmers market delivers to us for $5. Also very grateful for those frontline workers that are out there.

Thankfully I'm a very healthy individual, but being with my wife for 17 years I've seen what a weakened immune system is like, and you can't mess around. I can relate to everything that you are saying as I've seen her go through some real tough stuff like you are discribing. Its also a primary factor to why we don't have any children.

I hope you are doing well, and if you need to chat, hit me up.

You just worry about you, don't worry about what you think some people might think..Hell, they might not know your struggle. My wife has had 2 kidney transplants in her life(she's 35) and I took a leave from work back on March 12th to make sure I kept myself away from people(I also work for a car dealership) I couldn't take the chance of someone spreading it unknowingly to myself, and then putting both of us at risk. We don't go anyplace outside of our home other than to walk around our neighborhood, and we both haven't been inside of any stores(other than back in early May to Petsmart when we had to put our 15 year old lab to sleep) since March 12. It has been longer than that for her, TBH. I'm extremely grateful for curbside grocery pickup, and our local farmers market delivers to us for $5. Also very grateful for those frontline workers that are out there.

Thankfully I'm a very healthy individual, but being with my wife for 17 years I've seen what a weakened immune system is like, and you can't mess around. I can relate to everything that you are saying as I've seen her go through some real tough stuff like you are discribing. Its also a primary factor to why we don't have any children.

I hope you are doing well, and if you need to chat, hit me up.

Hoping your wife remains healthy and safe.

Sorry for your loss of your puppy...you gave her a good life. 15 yrs for a Lab is awesome.

I feel like everytime I read COVID news it's just people writing articles :frown: "27.5% test positive for antibodies" then the next article is "50% of antibody tests report false results". Almost anything that gets reported has a report stating damn near ths opposite. "Bejing scientist find promising vaccine tests" next article "a viable vaccine is years away if ever" this a crazy time to be a part of...

Back
Top Bottom