Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
The secret might be right under our feet

166 years passed since and the sewer is recently turning into an important matter. Yes, it’s not ‘sexy’ to talk about sewage and yet this could be a major milestone in the fight against Covid-19. at the early stages of the disease, the virus was thought to attack the respiratory system, more and more evidence started to emerge indicating the potential damage could be more substantial. Chinese researches wrote about an Asymptomatic patient with traces of Covid-19 in stool and not in the respiratory system. other patients started reporting digestive problems, trouble with their bowels, diarrhea, or vomiting, and researchers dove deep into the sewers to see if this could be used to our advantage.

Here’s a unique perspective, regardless of whether you think he’s full of it...

My apologies if it’s been posted

This is actually our best hope. They can't even get the regular detection tests and antibody tests to work properly and we are supposed to believe they can come up with a vaccine in a matter of months.

5% Positive test rate is good, but confusing. That means 95% of people are testing negative (duh) but honestly how are they finding so many people to test? Maybe it's just me, but I'm not going anywhere to be tested unless I have symptoms that warrant hospitalization for fear of being exposed. It's not like they can give you a magic pill to heal you if you test positive, so I'd much rather self isolate and treat my symptoms until I'm at the point where I need supportive care. I can understand if they are simply testing all patients who come to the hospital for ANY type of care (labor/delivery, broken bones, etc) but I don't see people just going to get tested because they're bored. I'd consider it if I was offered a free antibody test, but that deep nasal swab?... nah.
It's a bit puzzling to me as well because, in many states, you have to be symptomatic or have recent contact with someone who is sick to be able to get a test.

I wonder how many of these are repeat tests of the same individuals. I know at least some companies are routinely testing all their employees every couple weeks. I'm not sure if these are included in the state-by-state numbers. If so, they could vastly drop that number. I've seen no mention of double-counting or correcting for it in the reported % positive numbers.

1590540536255.jpeg

Who's coppin

The secret might be right under our feet

166 years passed since and the sewer is recently turning into an important matter. Yes, it’s not ‘sexy’ to talk about sewage and yet this could be a major milestone in the fight against Covid-19. at the early stages of the disease, the virus was thought to attack the respiratory system, more and more evidence started to emerge indicating the potential damage could be more substantial. Chinese researches wrote about an Asymptomatic patient with traces of Covid-19 in stool and not in the respiratory system. other patients started reporting digestive problems, trouble with their bowels, diarrhea, or vomiting, and researchers dove deep into the sewers to see if this could be used to our advantage.

If you think about it, none of the Ninja Turtles have tested positive soooo..

It's not been my experience that testing was a hassle.

I drove two minutes from my house to the nearest urgent care. There was only one person in the waiting room. I was seen in five minutes and got the test right away.

I was back home in less than 15 minutes.

It's not been my experience that testing was a hassle.

I drove two minutes from my house to the nearest urgent care. There was only one person in the waiting room. I was seen in five minutes and got the test right away.

I was back home in less than 15 minutes.
Not sure if your post is a reply to mine, but I’m more curious who is actually getting tested if only 5% are positive. Hard to believe regular Joes and Janes are going to get tested if they don’t have symptoms. Maybe it’s Spring allergy sufferers who aren’t sure if they’re sick? It’s not like there’s some mandatory testing protocol in the US like in Wuhan where they’re forcing everyone to get tested.

Not sure if your post is a reply to mine, but I’m more curious who is actually getting tested if only 5% are positive. Hard to believe regular Joes and Janes are going to get tested if they don’t have symptoms. Maybe it’s Spring allergy sufferers who aren’t sure if they’re sick? It’s not like there’s some mandatory testing protocol in the US like in Wuhan where they’re forcing everyone to get tested.
I think how easy it is to get tested without symptoms depends on how busy the urgent care clinic is.

My friend tells me that his citymd by his way gets a lot of foot traffic and there's a long wait.

My urgent clinic has very light traffic. It's hassle free there in general.

Many drugstores across US has testing set up. The drive thru testing and I think they approved mail in test kits but don't think companies shipped those yet.

If you open Google or Apple Maps on your phone it shows you the nearest testing sites too.

At this point, I think everyone should get tested via nasal swab or blood sample for antibodies.

what is less painful nasal swab or blood sample ? or does such a text exist thats not painful ?

also this is something you rarely hear about how survivors restart their lives

Antibody tests for Covid-19 wrong up to half the time, CDC says

I really want to understand the implications of this...

They're saying that virus infected cells they researched are able to "remove" the markers that the bodies' immune cells recognize that allow the immune cells to target the infected cells for destruction. So if this is true those infected cells would live on unchecked, leading to chronic disease that would be difficult to cure. This is similar to how HIV doesn't have a cure, only treatment. This doesn't mean that you can be reinfected because those new virus cells would still have the marker for destruction.

I'd never want to get a covid nasal swab again.

That hurt

In comparison I'd be happy to take the blood test many times over

Personal update: After 7 weeks of waiting, hoping, searching for answers and basically just flat out waiting, my unemployment came through! Checked my claim status as usual yesterday expecting more of the same disappointment but of all days, on Memorial Day, they finally came through. What a load off my mind.

Reports like this get me down sometimes. Just serves as a reminder how much we really don’t know about this virus. How much more will we learn? Will what we learn in a month or two months delay a vaccine because the ones being tested now will be deemed irrelevant because of new findings? Will it all prolong the pandemic and keep us from getting back to life as we once knew it?

Then there’s this last bit at the end:

“He said the body’s immune system had various ways to fight back. “What we need to bear in mind through this pandemic is that, though the virus may have some traits that are new or unexpected, the majority of patients recover,” Zhang said. “This should give us some confidence.””

I’m glad thats in there. Good to have some optimism with my bad news. :lol:

Antibody tests for Covid-19 wrong up to half the time, CDC says

As much as I’d like to know if I have antibodies, this is a good reason to avoid testing right now. Good to know for now though.

Back
Top Bottom