Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
FB_IMG_1595100344519.jpg

Just curious but aren’t car dealerships dead right now
I’m sure the service department gets work but I don’t think folks are buying cars right now
like it was said earlier. there were plenty of people buying cars right now. i think it's cause the dealerships are offering prices they would never get otherwise. car rental places are all going bankrupt and selling the cars back to the dealerships for cheap.
i was talking to the guy and he said used cars are going fast. they are so cheap right now. i see new cars everywhere right now. i've been procrastinating buying a car for years now but the deals are so good i couldn't pass it up

like it was said earlier. there were plenty of people buying cars right now. i think it's cause the dealerships are offering prices they would never get otherwise. car rental places are all going bankrupt and selling the cars back to the dealerships for cheap.
i was talking to the guy and he said used cars are going fast. they are so cheap right now. i see new cars everywhere right now. i've been procrastinating buying a car for years now but the deals are so good i couldn't pass it up
I read that new car production is at an all time low so that’s leading to low inventories and higher prices, less deals.

I think there’s some crazy deals and stuff on new cars
Like you don’t have to make the first 3 payments or something
Also saw a ford commercial where if you can’t make payments next year they take the car back?
You can return the car which is wild
The length on some of these loans are crazy like 84-96 months
If it takes you that long to pay it off you can’t afford it

Hey buddy, that is what I fear the most if I have to return to work after my stint in short-term disability ends. I'm in sales, a liver transplant patient, and if I go back (and it's a BIG IF, and I'll explain in a moment) and either my coworkers or customer aren't wearing their masks, I'm going home! In PA, everyone has to wear a mask indoors, but I have a feeling when I have to go outside to show a car, the client will take it off and that won't work for me.

So I have a scope coming up early August to see how bad my Crohn's is currently (it's why I'm out). If it's still bad, I have an option for long-term disability and I just may take it! Time will tell as right now, I feel like crap on a daily basis due to this horrid disease! 😞

In terms of disability compared to your regular wage, how big is the gap? If you can manage it, and the pay if comparable without feeling too much of a loss, I'd definitely say take the long term man. Health is wealth and its too important.

I think there’s some crazy deals and stuff on new cars
Like you don’t have to make the first 3 payments or something
Also saw a ford commercial where if you can’t make payments next year they take the car back?
You can return the car which is wild

That and also alot of companies offering 0% interest for up to 72 months on top of whatever cash rebates they're offering.

Even with the 0% interest if you qualify some of the prices on new cars are ridiculous
Like is someone really out there dropping $40k on a fully loaded Chevy equinox lol

Even with the 0% interest if you qualify some of the prices on new cars are ridiculous
Like is someone really out there dropping $40k on a fully loaded Chevy equinox lol

I mean my high school buddy owns 3 carlots, and he said business has slowed, but there's still people who were not too affected by the economy and kept their jobs and were already kind of in the market for a car plus all this started during tax refund season so people have their refunds, 1200+ stimulous all for down payments. Hes right on the ship channel where all the refineries in Houston are, and those refinery guys make good money, most didnt face layoffs either. So for people like that, now would be the perfect time to buy a car, or start a mortgage for people in this situation. Also leases that are due back, more are opting to buy their lease or just buy a new car, they really have no choice. My buddy has his own finance company too so he can finance people with no/bad credit that's where his business is hurting. Hes too nice of a guy though and wont repo anyone unless they stop paying, get more the 3500 behind on payments or cancel the full coverage insurance. He has a storage lot and for anyone behind, they also have the option to park the car in his lot cancel the insurance and they can have their whip back when they catch up and get insurance.

I believe Or I hope that the mask helps but what you really have to worry about is the viral load of the person who sick
Who you caught the infection from
if you have a low viral load from a sick person you won’t get as sick

but if the person who sneezes coughs or is in your area and just breaths on you has a high viral load well then you’re screwed
i don’t know why anyone would want to catch this virus in the first place

not everyone will survive a mild to asymptomatic sickness since the virus is Evolving and Mutating
I think a mild case of coronavirus depending on how healthy you are is not like catching a mild cold or a flu
its a lot worse

a mask is only as good as the Health of the person who uses it
For sure. I'm definitely not saying people should get purposefully infected or feel invincible because they have a mask on. It's still a deadly virus. Plus, like I said, we don't even know how true this theory is or how significant it is.

Assuming it's true, though, it could have a ripple effect in terms of tamping down the virus. Essentially, it would mean the virus has memory of the last person who was infected. So, even if it's passed on, with each generation the viral load is a little lower, fewer people get infected, and those who do have a slightly less severe infection (and perhaps are infectious for a little bit shorter).

Even a very small effect of like 1-5%, when compounded across 5-10 generations, begins to have a big impact. Ultimately, it means the same thing for the public: wear a mask and avoid crowds.

Back
Top Bottom