Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Inventories are Super Low.
GM especially.
From Strike to COVID.
Basically built nothing all year at those PLANTs.
Our store stocks 350 New Vehicles month in/out.
We have 128 in stock.
Nobody is getting a deal on a CHEVY from us.
If the MSRP is 30k and GM gives the Consumer a 3k rebate you'd think you could buy said vehicle for 27k right?
Wrong.
Everyday we turn 5+ buyers away that are offering reasonable numbers according to normal market pricing.
Market is far from Normal.
That 30k vehicle that you should be buying for 27k is going to cost you 33k, or you won't be buying it.
Gross Profit is WAY UP, it's the only way to bridge the GAP, because when we run out we run out.
I'm killing it right now.
Commission check was 19k last month.
Sold a used Ram today, hemi Crew with 21k miles, remote start,power seats, cloth 2wd, we have 26k invested, I sold it for 38k.........
Not the best time to be buying a Car from me, unless you want to get smacked.

Hey buddy, that's great your doing well! Not sure how long you've been in the business, and this is just a tip my longtime (now retired) sales manager told me when he hired me over 23 years ago. It's never a good thing to mention how much money your making on any particular deal. Be it a new car "mini" or a home run used car deal. If the wrong people see if, it can get a little dicey. That info is for you. 👍

Not preaching, just a little helpful advice from someone who started at 20 and am still doing it at the same place 23+ years going (thought I'm frankly tired of it & want out). Only thing keeping me is the cars and my loyal long term customers who have been with me from a 20 year old kid to an almost 44 year old man who has dealt with numerous major health issues (and said customers have always checked in with me outside of work). Stay safe out there. 👍🙏

Sounds like you have a great woman man. Cherish that. And be safe fam. The companies don't care about the employees, only the bottom line. Hit them for every cent if you can. Them taxing your insurance payment is ridiculous. That right there would harden my heart to that business and do nothing but me moving forward.

Thanks bud. Believe me, I know what I have. Being as sick as I have been with colitis, my transplant, and now Crohn's, I never had the time to be a teenager and young adult (I was sick since 16 which made me mature way earlier than my friends) and meet girls. Didn't meet my wife till I was 32! She was my 1st girlfriend and I am extremely blessed! She's my best friend and my soulmate. We have so much fun together.

You hear about how the quarantine has hurt relationships with being together so much. Not us. We have fun playing board games, watching movies, going for walks, working out, and playing with our 3 little cats. And now, enjoying her new car she got (a 2018 Jaguar F-Type SVR Coupe). Going for long drives is a great social distancing practice! It's awesome she loves cars as much as I do. 🙏🙏

And your so right on the way businesses look at employees. I have an employee number and I think that is what I am to them. The dealer is cool, the HR person, not so much. If I get clearance from the doctor and his recommendation to stay on disability, it will be interesting to see what they say. Stay safe buddy. 🙏🙏

Uncle just bought a 45k truck for $29,750 drive out 0% interest for 72 months. It's a basic 4x4 f250 looks like this he saved almost 15k on sticker not including the interest hes saving.

Screenshot_20200718-184611_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200718-184628_Chrome.jpg

Edit: he was in the market for end of the year, but still he couldn't pass it up. His business is not hurting at all except he cant find lumber, hes a contractor. Appearantly theres a shortage on lumber now too.
No way he bought that 45k truck for 29k and got 0%.
Thats a minimum $10k loss for that Dealer, no way.
If it were a 2019 that was still Brand New but never got Sold, it would be worth more than 29k on the USED lot, but it’s a 2020.
You have 0% available right now but it’s in rebates, basically either or, not both.
Hey buddy, that's great your doing well! Not sure how long you've been in the business, and this is just a tip my longtime (now retired) sales manager told me when he hired me over 23 years ago. It's never a good thing to mention how much money your making on any particular deal. Be it a new car "mini" or a home run used car deal. If the wrong people see if, it can get a little dicey. That info is for you. 👍

Not preaching, just a little helpful advice from someone who started at 20 and am still doing it at the same place 23+ years going (thought I'm frankly tired of it & want out). Only thing keeping me is the cars and my loyal long term customers who have been with me from a 20 year old kid to an almost 44 year old man who has dealt with numerous major health issues (and said customers have always checked in with me outside of work). Stay safe out there. 👍🙏
Great tips, Buddy, no doubt.
Started in detail at 16, worked all the way up to GSM at a point, Done just about everything. Never took GM or ownership, I started a business in roofing that is my bread win. I’m 43 now, so been around it a while. I don’t even treat it as a profession any longer, just something to keep busy.
19k commission was no brag, it was a matter of fact point to explain to those in the market, my NT brethren, that it’s definitely not a buyers market right now, no matter how great the commercials make it sound.

No way he bought that 45k truck for 29k and got 0%.
Thats a minimum $10k loss for that Dealer, no way.
If it were a 2019 that was still Brand New but never got Sold, it would be worth more than 29k on the USED lot, but it’s a 2020.
You have 0% available right now but it’s in rebates, basically either or, not both.

Great tips, Buddy, no doubt.
Started in detail at 16, worked all the way up to GSM at a point, Done just about everything. Never took GM or ownership, I started a business in roofing that is my bread win. I’m 43 now, so been around it a while. I don’t even treat it as a profession any longer, just something to keep busy.
19k commission was no brag, it was a matter of fact point to explain to those in the market, my NT brethren, that it’s definitely not a buyers market right now, no matter how great the commercials make it sound.

Guess I'm making it up then, saw the bill of sale. Doubt if you want, but I know what I saw My whole family did not believe him at first then were like time to buy a new car after they saw the proof. Except they're all broke with bad credit... so doubt if if you want but it happened. It was a demo which doesnt make much difference, and he has had some problems with it, nothing major backup camera, sensors they couldnt get, etc. Btw no animosity or dont want to debate it but I have no reason to lie, not like it was me that got a deal I got....

Guess I'm making it up then, saw the bill of sale. Doubt if you want, but I know what I saw My whole family did not believe him at first then were like time to buy a new car after they saw the proof. Except they're all broke with bad credit... so doubt if if you want but it happened. It was a demo which doesnt make much difference, and he has had some problems with it, nothing major backup camera, sensors they couldnt get, etc. Btw no animosity or dont want to debate it but I have no reason to lie, not like it was me that got a deal I got....
Damn, I thought I deleted that post of mine before I quoted you. After I wrote it and before I sent it I realized there was no reason to put my two cents in, and I deleted it(thought I did)
I legit didn't mean to send that. My bad man. I wasn't calling you a liar, but I was insinuating that your UNLCE may have stretched about how good a deal he got, but even that I didn't like the way it was going to come across, so I decided not to post/quote, but I did. I'm an idiot. Sorry about that.

Damn, I thought I deleted that post of mine before I quoted you. After I wrote it and before I sent it I realized there was no reason to put my two cents in, and I deleted it(thought I did)
I legit didn't mean to send that. My bad man. I wasn't calling you a liar, but I was insinuating that your UNLCE may have stretched about how good a deal he got, but even that I didn't like the way it was going to come across, so I decided not to post/quote, but I did. I'm an idiot. Sorry about that.

No worries man, words in text get construeds we could have debated no doubt I'm way too old to internet beef. Just felt slightly offended the way it was worded like I was being called a liar. It was a legit sale, i think right around lockdown. I come from a family of car dealers my old man was finace director for over 20 yrs, uncle was a gm for 15 and now owns his own carlot, 2 cousins own carlots, and my best friend owns 3 and they were all shocked and in disbelief when we talked about it. All but my friend saw what he paid because noone believed him and wanted proof. My friend didnt see, but didnt doubt it. It could have been a problem truck they were trying to get rid of even,like I said hes had some problems with sensors and they just cant get them right now. Now I could be wrong it could have been a 19 new demo, but I'm 99% sure it was a 2020. Water under the bridge, respect for the apology most on here wouldn't do that, they've escalated it. It's over now.

:lol: @ chastising workers for not being able to find steady work during a global pandemic where businesses in certain counties ( I'm in one) haven't been open since early March. I mean everyone has the skills and infrastructure set up in their place of living where they can just find a job that allows them to work from home now right? You have your own business that isn't allowed open that you still have to pay for, tend to, and prepare for post-COVID operations (at some date?) but you can work another job at the same time, can't you? Put down the beer and get off the couch with your chronic conditions, bum. Taking a minimum wage front line essential job can also pay the bills of a family of four right? 🤡

It's painfully obvious at this point in history, as the CDC is banned from testifying about schools re-opening, Trump hocks beans from the oval office and has his cronies write factless op-ed's against the nation's most respected epidemiologist, that this government does not give a **** about any of us. Stay and sink with the ship at your own risk.

We must all realize that there's no national shutdown coming. There's no national testing, tracing, and mask program coming. The days where this might have even been possible are long, long over. I'm sick of seeing politicians asking for this. There are already too many cases to track in "hot spots" and not enough tracers. There won't be enough materials to test effectively and not even enough PPE for workers on the emergency front line. Not enough ICU Beds (How long until people are dying in hallways?), 10-day results for tests are useless and laughable. As far as the simpletons in this administration are concerned, Covid-19 has been defeated and we'll just have to "live with it" until a vaccine or like the soon to be 200,000+ others in the country "die from it." We're all going to get it at this rate. Hope your body is tough enough or you have health insurance..oh, wait...

The total economic downfall of this preventable catastrophe will be nothing less than staggering. The toll on small businesses will be monumental ( reported 66,000+ closed nationwide already), personal debt will cripple families and class mobility, gun violence is up in major cities, no grand jury's in session, civic civility is at an all-time low, education gaps will be more pronounced due to schools "yo-yo-ing" opening or never being able to fully open at all, the evictions and homelessness will destroy lower-income brown and black folk neighborhoods at a higher more disproportionate rate and the mental health toll will be incalculable. No sector will be untouched by this administration and it's accomplices arrogant negligence, spinelessness and greed. Just Scum.

Record infections every day, shutdowns returning all over the country yet no more unemployment stimulus. What changed? "It's going away. We have it all under control. It's safe now. - 🤡" PPP loans continue to go overwhelmingly to multi-million dollar entities ( The Ayn Rand Institute got a handout, should tell you everything) instead of those independent businesses which are the lifeblood of neighborhoods culturally and economically. It's simply a matter of time before they have to shut down for good, even those with loans that they'll never be able to pay back with only take-out service or 50% capacity (at best). 50% capacity won't even pay half a month's rent in northern California. I don't see how this isn't the intermission for the end of the United States democratic experiment.

If a society that proclaims itself to be the most morally superior, economically powerful, intellectually gifted and technologically advanced in the history of human existence but can't or refuses to protect its constituents from preventable decay, death, and financial apocalypse while simultaneously a minuscule section of that same society accumulates even more obscene riches and power at the peril of those citizens; at what point must we ask ourselves, why that society as it's presently constructed exists at all?

Some of the "discussions" in the comments. :smh:

The one about how wearing a mask allegedly suppresses the immune system in particular. :sick:

An embarrassing percentage of the U.S. population really are monkeys. Funny how many of them tend to flaunt red hats.

The one about how wearing a mask allegedly suppresses the immune system in particular. :sick:

An embarrassing percentage of the U.S. population really are monkeys. Funny how many of them tend to flaunt red hats.
Is school system so bad in the US or why is it like that? In Europe most countries have young people doing things right and listening to recommendations but there it seems like no one is listening.

Is school system so bad in the US or why is it like that? In Europe most countries have young people doing things right and listening to recommendations but there it seems like no one is listening.

Somewhere along the way idiot Americans decided that the internet and confirmation bias and facebook group circle jerks were more trustworthy than experts, scientists, doctors, researchers, etc. Mostly white middle aged women, aka “Karens”. Also can be older whites who believe that science is a tool of oppression by elitist liberals.

it’s politics, populism and idiocracy. Dunning-Kruger runs rampant.

I used to think it was mostly Russian trolls, but the reality is that there are a lot of very stupid Americans. If nothing else, my hope is that the constant push to reopen schools will at least wake some of them up. Once this starts to hit rural America, they’re going to learn the hard way why you don’t want to vote against your own self interests.

Think I got, GOT 🥺. Waked up with my left eyes red, not sure it’s pink eye since never had it before in my life to tell. And my throat not really sore but for sure not feeling normal. Weird I don’t go anywhere but work and home and I wash my hands about 30 times a day and never touch my face.

Think I got, GOT 🥺. Waked up with my left eyes red, not sure it’s pink eye since never had it before in my life to tell. And my throat not really sore but for sure not feeling normal. Weird I don’t go anywhere but work and home and I wash my hands about 30 times a day and never touch my face.

Red eyes arent a symptom. Ive had coughs here and there, a couple sore throat/mouth infection and its chronic stuff for me. Dont assume the worst right away, if it makes you feel better just go get tested. Sounds like its nothing though.

Back
Top Bottom