Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
not a shot at you, just pointing out how wild the dynamic of these resort towns can be...trust me, I know. :lol:
the pleasant surprise was that it was a 20 minute walk to the beach and pretty much everyone we passed gave us anything from the wassup nod to a hello or a smile (i’m dark brown with really long hair).

I know I shouldn't be thinking of flying to LA to visit fam
I'm writing all the cons: COVID + LA's recent brutal hot weather + The Broad not open

I know I shouldn't be thinking of flying to LA to visit fam
I'm writing all the cons: COVID + LA's recent brutal hot weather + The Broad not open
Make sure your fam has AC.
I went home and was definitely roasting. It was like 97 at night and we dont have good air flow.
My mom sent a pic of 120 on the car temp today
But fam is fam, just make sure you have sometime for quarantine and outdoor spots, my cousin had a pool and it was clutch.

EhQDKoBWsAAIwm9

It's real

That CTE from her MMA days must be kicking in.

my fam and i went to a resort area today. the lagoons are supposed to be mainly for residents since the resorts are closed. it’s a gated community and it was like walking through MAGA land. everyone was white and absolutely nobody wore a mask. the beach was nice and empty and it was a beautiful day!
42745180-4576-46A8-AA07-A9AA5D7BBD37.jpeg

Ko Olina? Surprised the Disney resort isnt open again.

Ko Olina? Surprised the Disney resort isnt open again.
yeah man, koolina. aulani is totally shut down. four seasons is shut down. golf course is shut down. i think there are time shares/ residences in the other beachfront building plus the people that live in all the houses and townhouses. the beach was pretty empty and so nice to take my fam.

my fam and i went to a resort area today. the lagoons are supposed to be mainly for residents since the resorts are closed. it’s a gated community and it was like walking through MAGA land. everyone was white and absolutely nobody wore a mask. the beach was nice and empty and it was a beautiful day!
42745180-4576-46A8-AA07-A9AA5D7BBD37.jpeg
COVID or not: Perfect beach to people ratio.

yeah man, koolina. aulani is totally shut down. four seasons is shut down. golf course is shut down. i think there are time shares/ residences in the other beachfront building plus the people that live in all the houses and townhouses. the beach was pretty empty and so nice to take my fam.

Loved koolina. We lived in kapolei and that’s the only beach we’d go to. Holiday or not it was never ridiculous like Waikiki. And north shore isn’t a chill beach Persay. Always had to hide our drinks tho lol

god bless Donald J Trump. The do nothing Dems will face his wrath Nov 3. The silent majority shall rise.

One thing that came to my mind:
If Covid tests require swabs up the nose then doesn’t that mean that the 100’s of people that go to a testing location to get the swan test done have to take their masks off in the testing room to get swabbed? So if one person tests positive they potentially infected everyone else that went to get tested at the same location and had to take their masks off to get swabbed.

How does this work?

If Covid tests require swabs up the nose then doesn’t that mean that the 100’s of people that go to a testing location to get the swan test done have to take their masks off in the testing room to get swabbed? So if one person tests positive they potentially infected everyone else that went to get tested at the same location and had to take their masks off to get swabbed.

How does this work?
Yep. Just hope they don’t cough or breathe too heavily. Same thing is happening at airports. Tsa requires you to take mask down to id.

How does this work?

Every test site I've been to is outside, the test takes about 10 seconds so it's not like people are congregating around. The people who collect the samples wear PPE no different than hospital workers.

How does this work?

Mask is off for like 5 seconds. Should be alright.

How does this work?

Testing sites here in bay area, CA are drive-thru. Can come to the ER and get tested outside. Most are by appointment or PCP referral

everyone except the NBA.

the NBA>>>>>>>>>>

They benefited greatly that the season was pretty much a wrap. Would have been interesting to see how it would have played out if it was the beginning of the season. Not sure if they could have pulled off the bubble with all 30 teams.

One could argue its the same general air space. They say this stuff can linger for weeks In the air. Either it does matter or it doesn’t? So much crap going around with how this spreads.
That what makes me scared to go back on site for work because if it gets into vents and infect people. Then it's only a matter of time before people get reinfected.

My understanding -- for droplet spread, it doesn't take much. One well-timed cough that sends particles right at your face could be enough. But for aerosol spread, like what would linger in a room between patients, requires sustained breathing for 10-20 minutes to fill the room with enough virus particles that somebody else could get infected.

So ~30 seconds with the mask off with 10 minutes between patients is probably plenty of time for any particles to clear.

But I could be wrong. I've heard of people catching it in an elevator from an infected person riding the elevator at a different time. Presumably the elevator has much worse air circulation though.

I’m curious so I’m going to start asking everyone I know this question. Thought I’d ask here.

What’s your guys’ concern/fear level toward COVID now vs, say, April? Scale of 1-10, 1 being least concerned and 10 being most.

Take into account all the info that’s come out since then, your personal experience and observations, your prior expectations and expert predictions vs. now.

Also, are there any activities that you wouldn’t have even dared thought of doing then that you would now? i.e. Hoop at the park, eat outdoors/indoors, gyms, etc etc

Back
Top Bottom