Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
lgwiz80a2uk51.jpg

So what happens if there's no magical cure that Trump of all people promised.

How long are you going to stay in the house?

I wouldn't touch that "cure" until there has been clear cut proof that there is NO potential side effects after taking it. And I don't mean a few days later. The people who get the 1st batches should be monitored VERY closely for at least a month.

I just have a thing about taking a drug that was "rushed" into availability when normal medicines take a good several years to clear all testing protocols.

I consider myself an introvert and thought I’d be fine with staying indoors during lockdown. I was cool for 3-4 months but not being able to see any of my family members started to take a toll on my well being. I’m super close to my family so a couple weeks back, decided to drive to Sacramento from SD so i can see them. Man, it was such a great feeling to hug my parents and for them to spend time with their grandkids. They haven’t seen them since February.

Anyways, being on lockdown did some good for me and my family as well. As much as i wanted to stay inside and be safe, theres no way my 6 yr old could handle staying indoors. So we started going to beach more and parks. Basically anything outdoors with open space. Taught my son how to ride a bike w/ no training wheels and we’ve been riding our bikes around the neighborhood which is a blast. We Are super cautious, wear masks, wash hands, social distance, etc... i don’t bring my Kids to the grocery store, target, etc... with a lot of people.

SD opened up yesterday And i drove thru neighborhoods cuz i wanted coffee and places were super busy and packed so i decided against it. If i feel
uncomfortable about a situation and feel there’s too many people, i leave no questions asked. Especially with my health, im not willing to risk it. I won’t be flying anywhere soon so I’m thinking of renting an RV for the family next summer and just drive around and explore California.
My grandma passed this year. Based on that and the emotion I felt as I realized how much my grandmother was in my life as a kid, I had to start seeing my mother again with my kiddos. Not a super frequent thing, but visiting definitely is definitely happening again.

Getting a small itch to hit a bar, but still not worth it IMO. Family is enough entertainment for me.

Yeah, as much as I want a vaccine, being a severely high risk patient (being a liver transplant patient), I'm not touching this 1st vaccine with a 10 foot pole until there are seriously detailed documented studies on the potential side effects that may pop up after administering it. I hope the people who give it, watch the patients closely for any type of potential side effect. There is a reason they have stages for medicines to be tested though before given the go to be taken by the public. Rushing a drug, to me, is like rushing to get an airplane built and flying it without proper tests (and it's found to be missing key parts that keep it airborne). Call me a skeptic, but I don't trust this man in office ONE BLEEPING BIT!!!

My grandma passed this year. Based on that and the emotion I felt as I realized how much my grandmother was in my life as a kid, I had to start seeing my mother again with my kiddos. Not a super frequent thing, but visiting definitely is definitely happening again.

Getting a small itch to hit a bar, but still not worth it IMO. Family is enough entertainment for me.

i'm very sorry for your loss
i know losing a grandparent is a very hard thing
i hope you didn't lose her from the coronavirus

i lost both my grandmother and grandfather the same week may years years ago
so i know its very hard to get over and you never really do

i just glad my grandparents didn't have to suffer through a thing like this
thats why im very worried for my mother

my condolences

btw don't go to a bar if your going to drink do it at home
stay safe

Last edited:
Today's update. The # cases is indeed flattening. This is a mix of factors. Cases in the South have stopped falling, cases in the West are falling but offset by a rise of cases in the Midwest, and the Northeast continues to be flat at a low level. The South and West are actually testing less than a couple weeks ago.

1599175821161.png

1599175891032.png

1599175934768.png

drug companies working on covid-19 vaccines are planning to release a joint statement saying they won't cut any corners.

meanwhile top scientists at CDC, FDA, and NIH will likely quit if they sense any interference from the Trump administration or that any corners are being cut.

Trump is going to have a tough time navigating this one.

Welp, Thailand just snapped their 100+ day streak...

Still pretty impressive to see how some countries have been managing to keep infection rates very low, comparatively.

These two things are what baffles me. If we put NY into the same category as some other small sized countries that were hit hard by covid back in March/April because of when the pandemic emerged there and NY’s progressive and non-political handling of the situation, how is it that those countries are down to a couple dozen cases a day and NY is still at 700+ cases a day?
Still hovering close to 1% infection rate which is a number that has remained steady along with positive results for months now.

These two things are what baffles me. If we put NY into the same category as some other small sized countries that were hit hard by covid back in March/April because of when the pandemic emerged there and NY’s progressive and non-political handling of the situation, how is it that those countries are down to a couple dozen cases a day and NY is still at 700+ cases a day?
Still hovering close to 1% infection rate which is a number that has remained steady along with positive results for months now.
Yeah it's actually quite remarkable that it's stayed so steady all this time (as opposed to decreasing more or increasing). A couple things -- it's unclear how many of these cases are coming in from other places. Also, it's a very low positivity rate. Maybe other countries aren't testing as much? And the hospitalizations are coming down. They're half of what they were a couple months ago, even though the number of cases hasn't change.

Which countries are you comparing to? Do they have dense cities like NYC and are they major hubs? Even with all the reduced travel, NYC is still a major hub with lots of people coming in and out.

Back
Top Bottom