Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
crazy that they aren’t testing the teachers. they tested all staff at my son’s school. teachers, admins, coaches, janitors, security, etc.

40 UofO students tested positive for covid last week and classes haven’t even started. That was just 1 outbreak related to 1 party off campus. This is gonna such a disaster. I pray for all the staff members being forced to teach in person.

if I had a College age child I’d tell them to take a year off. No way I’m gonna pay thousands of dollars to get sick and die.

Have there been any confirmed cases of transmission from a child to an adult?
I think there's been confirmed cases but I don't see any consensus on how big of a risk it is. Some people say it's insignificant while others say they're a major driver of spread. (side note -- it's crazy that we have millions of cases but so little data comparatively on how this has been spread)

To me, saying kids can't spread covid-19 is like saying lockdowns don't slow the spread. They go so completely against everything we understand about respiratory viruses and the current science that the burden on proof is on people making these claims, not the other way around. It's certainly possible that there's something about how this infection hits children and differences in their cells that lead to an infection that doesn't spread as easily. But we know infected kids shed the virus and we know they breathe air like the rest of us, so I'm inclined to believe they can spread the virus.

That said, it's not outlandish to say that opening schools is a calculated risk we can take with the proper precautions in place. But the science doesn't seem to be settled on just how big that risk is.

Ive eaten at outdoor restaurants for weeks now, was worried at first but im comfier now and still take precautions. I’ll also avoid it during peak hours. Aint so bad but of course still a risk.

Blake P Blake P Is that what's going on with Fresno Unified? My kiddo goes to Clovis Unified, and the school is still planning to have a dedicated teacher for those who want to stay with online learning.

No, private school. They now say kids doing distance learning will be able to livestream in. My son’s teachers barely know how to use Zoom and Google Classroom so I have my doubts. They don’t even have a real plan for when to send a kid home either, unless the kid has a fever, which is only present in up to half of childhood COVID cases. It’s up to the parent’s discretion if they want to send the child to school with “cold symptoms” as long as they’re fever free. Yeahhh...

took my kids out to the botanical gardens after they were shut down for over a month. my wife saw us leaving and said hey take her (the baby) sandals. i was like hell naw, these kids goin barefoot today. saturday morning we went back and had a nice, long picnic there and later took my son to ride his bike at two other spots. sunday we spent about 4 hours chilling on the beach and my son went to swim with a bunch of turtles that stayed in the shallows. mannnnn we making full use of the outdoors before they inevitably shut **** down again 🙃

6 going on 7 months now. Every day that passes is a step toward a solution. Through all the drama, politics, and talking heads, there are real, honest, hardworking scientists and medical professionals behind the scenes, on the ground doing their best to find us a solution and get us back to normal.

It may just be blind optimism at this point, but I truly believe that 12 months from now we're going to be in a much better place than we are right now. Just have to keep pushing everyday.

The human race has survived worse. We adapt. We get creative. We're capable of incredible things. We'll get through this y'all.

Looking forward to the fall season and spending the holidays with my loved ones who are all still here. Count your blessings, do something good for yourself, and stay the hell off social media as much as possible. Hope everyone is hanging in there. Be safe y'all.

NY gonna start fining people for not wearing masks. Anybody want to bet this will target minorities almost exclusively? I for one will be happy when there are no more police around, let's get this defunding cracking.

Fines arent restricted to indoors though and I see no masks in my minority area than non minority areas. I mean outdoors because I'm not inside a place where masks arent being worn..

Most people are wearing masks though. Especially indoors. What are those zip codes?

i read this morning there are now 20 different zip codes with upticks in cases but i can't find the article now

"Health officials in New York are investigating 20 zip codes where coronavirus hotspots are showing test results above 10% positivity in some cases"

i read this morning there are now 20 different zip codes with upticks in cases but i can't find the article now

"Health officials in New York are investigating 20 zip codes where coronavirus hotspots are showing test results above 10% positivity in some cases"

:sick::smh:

Back
Top Bottom