Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
All I know is I don't need my descrambler anymore because all the naughty channels come in just fine without it after I got the vaccine.

Yeah, the UK government decided they would rather do more people initially and spread them out. I was days away from getting my second when they announced it - so it was 10 weeks.

The experts say it makes sense - but it hasn’t really been trialled properly.

It does mean that in a month everyone over 50 will have had one dose and the oldest will have had 2.

Have you heard anecdotally if spacing the doses out results in less side effects from the second shot? Makes me wonder about the potential difference in immune response. Guess we'll find out soon enough!

Have you heard anecdotally if spacing the doses out results in less side effects from the second shot? Makes me wonder about the potential difference in immune response. Guess we'll find out soon enough!

I haven’t. Originally people were reporting more side effects with the second dose but that was probably after 4 weeks. Not too many have had both doses so it will probably be a bit longer before we know.

I have seen some stuff that said that spacing them out makes the effect last longer - but I don’t think there’s been a proper study yet.

I haven’t. Originally people were reporting more side effects with the second dose but that was probably after 4 weeks. Not too many have had both doses so it will probably be a bit longer before we know.

I have seen some stuff that said that spacing them out makes the effect last longer - but I don’t think there’s been a proper study yet.

I've heard the same regarding long lasting effects from spacing out vaccination doses, but that is based on what we know from other traditional multi-dose vaccines, not mRNA. It would be interesting to know how the 3 (Pfizer) and 4 (Moderna) week dosage gaps were determined to begin with, but I have a feeling if the scientists thought 12 weeks was more appropriate they would have trialed it that way.

Yeah, exactly. It is interesting too how the rest of the world is sticking with 4 weeks but somehow Boris Johnson and his cronies know better.

Yeah, exactly. It is interesting too how the rest of the world is sticking with 4 weeks but somehow Boris Johnson and his cronies know better.
I hope your country doesn't pay for Boris Johnson's decision making and the vaccines are still as effective

Moderna will test several variations of a booster, the company said, including a single, low-dose shot of the variant-specific vaccine; a shot that includes both the original vaccine and the variant-specific one; and a third low-dose version of the original vaccine.

FDA laid out guidelines for companies that want to change their vaccines to adapt to new variants. They will not be required to start from scratch, running gigantic clinical trials over many months as they have to win FDA authorization.

Instead, as with the flu vaccine, which is altered every year to cope with changing strains, COVID-19 vaccine versions will be tested in smaller groups to confirm safety and to examine immune responses for effectiveness.

On a serious note, since taking the vaccine I’ve felt sick and tired. Not too bad but it’s noticeable. They told me the younger more healthy demographic usually feel symptoms. FYI to all who get it

For people that have caught covid and have recovered already, are they able to take the vaccine right after or is there a recommended wait time? Just asking because two of my coworkers got the vaccine but have already recovered for over a month now and I thought from what i read is that it doesn’t make sense to since technically as of right now they would still have immunity.

For people that have caught covid and have recovered already, are they able to take the vaccine right after or is there a recommended wait time? Just asking because two of my coworkers got the vaccine but have already recovered for over a month now and I thought from what i read is that it doesn’t make sense to since technically as of right now they would still have immunity.

A theory is that prior infection is similar to the first dose, so as long as they were vaccinated about a month afterward that first dose could give them similar protection to 2 doses in someone who has never been infected. There’s no harm in them getting a second dose though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ube
On a serious note, since taking the vaccine I’ve felt sick and tired. Not too bad but it’s noticeable. They told me the younger more healthy demographic usually feel symptoms. FYI to all who get it
Did you ever have COVID? Those who have previously been infected seem to have worse side effects from the vax since their immune system recognizes the spike protein and mounts an immune response to it.

Did you ever have COVID? Those who have previously been infected seem to have worse side effects from the vax since their immune system recognizes the spike protein and mounts an immune response to it.
I may have but never knew it. I just felt tired for a day. I’m way better now but the energy level is low.

Fully vaccinated people can gather individually with minimal risk, Fauci says
renderTimingPixel.png

Fully vaccinated people can gather individually with minimal risk, Fauci says
renderTimingPixel.png

That's just common sense. I'm glad he clarified. Where I'm having trouble is what to do about my kids who are not vaccinated. For example, my wife and I are vaccinated (1 dose so far) and so are my parents (2 doses). We would feel very comfortable getting together with them after being fully vaccinated, but since my children are not we will likely still only gather outdoors and have the kids wear their masks.

Back
Top Bottom