Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
People are telling me that if you live in Los Angeles, if you show up to some vaccine sites towards the end of the day when they would otherwise be throwing away doses of the vaccine that they will administer it to whoever shows up... can anyone confirm this along with exactly what sites are doing this?

People are telling me that if you live in Los Angeles, if you show up to some vaccine sites towards the end of the day when they would otherwise be throwing away doses of the vaccine that they will administer it to whoever shows up... can anyone confirm this along with exactly what sites are doing this?
various cvs locations in LA and OC will be administering the vaccine now,.
ppl gonna start lining up for unclaimed shots

various cvs locations in LA and OC will be administering the vaccine now,.
ppl gonna start lining up for unclaimed shots

CVS has been administering the vaccine here for a least a month already.

I heard there were people lined up at the Forum for unclaimed shots.

I don't wanna show up without a guarantee though lol.

I'd be too angry to deal with someone telling me "Yeah, nobody is here for any appointments, we've got X doses left but we have to throw them out since you aren't 65+ or a health care worker, sorry".

There should be standby lines allowed at every site. Throwing out doses is completely unacceptable.

CVS has been administering the vaccine here for a least a month already.

I heard there were people lined up at the Forum for unclaimed shots.

I don't wanna show up without a guarantee though lol.

I'd be too angry to deal with someone telling me "Yeah, nobody is here for any appointments, we've got X doses left but we have to throw them out since you aren't 65+ or a health care worker, sorry".

There should be standby lines allowed at every site. Throwing out doses is completely unacceptable.

it may have to mainly do with who you're dealing with and where you're going

have a cousin working at a CVS administering vaccines in the OC and by the end of the day they have unclaimed doses, so she was able to my aunt to come over and get her shot even though it isn't her turn on the list yet.

its worth a try to show up at one of the sites towards the end of the day to see if there's any leftover unclaimed vaccine shots, seems like its better to be used and have people get vaccinated rather than just dump it to waste

There may be some upticks in the case numbers in the next few weeks. This could reflect many things, but the key is hospitalizations. They reflect serious illness and aren't as susceptible to reporting issues and they are most up-to-date (deaths have a ~4-week lag). Also, vaccines will take time to put a dent in overall cases, but they should drastically reduce hospitalizations and deaths in the next month or two.

There was already some concern this week about a small uptick in cases and deaths, but it looks to just be a reporting issue (due to delays in Texas mostly):

Is it just my naivete or am I the only one who thinks a multi trillion $ economy should be done with vaccinating everyone who wants one by now

Got my 2nd pfizer dose on wednesday and parents got their 2nd moderna doses yesterday. Feeling extremely privileged to be fully vaccinated this early.
If you don’t mind me asking how old are your parents and how are they feeling after talking both doses
do they have any health problems ?

I hope your all doing well from talking the shot

Somehow was able to schedule a first dose through Walgreens, but I wasn't able to schedule a second one simultaneously. I guess I'll ask about it when I show up to my appointment?

Would u guys chance it by hooping with a mask on??
Outside, it's probably fine, but it's going to alter how you play and it may not be as enjoyable as you'd like. Indoors, I wouldn't, especially not in a pick-up game with a bunch of strangers.

I shoot around on my own now, and that's been pretty good since each person gets one basket to themselves.

Would u guys chance it by hooping with a mask on??

That doesn't sound like a good idea.

First of all, when you play you sweat and your mask can get wet/saturated with perspiration...
this reduces the effectiveness of the mask - maybe even making it worthless.

Secondly, wearing a mask during such an activity reduced your ability to breathe and
take in oxygen properly which can't be good for your health.

friscostylez friscostylez

Back
Top Bottom