Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
As I’ve been saying we can’t just vaccinate and get back to normal. These tweets summarise 2 important points.

Reading his other comments, they’re using a 50% Effective vaccine ( 50% after their second dose that is). Once we vaccinate all of the old and weak and willing, isn’t that the point you do reopen a tad more? I know deaths and hospitalizations lag 2-3 weeks from cases. So we shall see. Cases alone don’t appear to be a great determine factor. 1500 cases with two deaths would be great. But what if we never control the cases?

Reading his other comments, they’re using a 50% Effective vaccine ( 50% after their second dose that is). Once we vaccinate all of the old and weak and willing, isn’t that the point you do reopen a tad more? I know deaths and hospitalizations lag 2-3 weeks from cases. So we shall see. Cases alone don’t appear to be a great determine factor. 1500 cases with two deaths would be great. But what if we never control the cases?

Definitely - once we have more people vaccinated we can begin to relax restrictions - but we can’t just open everything. Partly because cases would go up due to idiots and partly because the virus would have a better chance to escape the vaccine. Being more careful will limit both of those.

Definitely - once we have more people vaccinated we can begin to relax restrictions - but we can’t just open everything. Partly because cases would go up due to idiots and partly because the virus would have a better chance to escape the vaccine. Being more careful will limit both of those.

might be a stupid question since it’s looking like we’ll have to get yearly booster shots, but how likely is it that we get a variant of the virus that causes the vaccines to essentially be ineffective?

just feel like if we keep having people be stupid and not take precautions with numbers of cases not at the low low yet, that might be a scenario we’ll eventually face

might be a stupid question since it’s looking like we’ll have to get yearly booster shots, but how likely is it that we get a variant of the virus that causes the vaccines to essentially be ineffective?

just feel like if we keep having people be stupid and not take precautions with numbers of cases not at the low low yet, that might be a scenario we’ll eventually face
The mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) produce very strong immune responses and are unlikely to be completely ineffective, though less effective, against new variants. As I’ve posted before, antibodies from people who recovered from the SA variant are highly protective against all other known variants, so it’s possible that we’ll only need a booster for that one, but nobody knows for sure.

CDC says now-dominant variant poses risk even with nearly 20% of U.S. fully vaccinated

It’s just tew much 🤦🏿‍♂️

They are saying younger people, 20-40 range, are experiencing the heavy symptoms of this UK variant here in the states.

I been double dosed for almost 3 weeks now, started seeing friends who least have 1 dose or are fully vaccinated but still gotta be careful cause my wife is pregnant and is not getting the vaccine. The transmission from vaccinated folks seems really low, especially if you around most vaccinated folks but still don’t know

Tired of this garbage, just want it to end

I been double dosed for almost 3 weeks now, started seeing friends who least have 1 dose or are fully vaccinated but still gotta be careful cause my wife is pregnant and is not getting the vaccine. The transmission from vaccinated folks seems really low, especially if you around most vaccinated folks but still don’t know

Tired of this garbage, just want it to end

We’ve started vaccinating pregnant women in the UK - you have to be signed off by your OBGYN but you can have the vaccine.

We’ve started vaccinating pregnant women in the UK - you have to be signed off by your OBGYN but you can have the vaccine.

Yeah people are recommending it here as well, just 2.5 more months till due date, may hold
Off. Data not all there yet or for us to feel comfortable at the moment

Yeah people are recommending it here as well, just 2.5 more months till due date, may hold
Off. Data not all there yet or for us to feel comfortable at the moment
If she gets the vaccine, studies show your baby is likely to be born with antibodies to help protect from COVID. What kind of data are you looking for, if you don’t mind me asking?

We are restricting it to pregnant women with underlying conditions making them more at risk though - so those with diabetes etc. I think that makes sense until more data are available.

Just got the official word through that the Moderna vaccine is being rolled out this week too. Basically same deal as the others - just a different brand.

If she gets the vaccine, studies show your baby is likely to be born with antibodies to help protect from COVID. What kind of data are you looking for, if you don’t mind me asking?

Maybe he’s referring to the trial their running on pregnant women currently. I had numerous conversations with my midwife and we decided to do it.

767moqp1xwr61.png

Maybe he’s referring to the trial their running on pregnant women currently. I had numerous conversations with my midwife and we decided to do it.

Yeah pretty much that & if any long term impacts on the child, since pregnant woman just started getting it few months ago, with many yet to deliver.

Scheduled for Phizer on Saturday and J&J on Sunday. Debating which to get but would rather J&J cause I don't want to deal with using my time for another shot 🤔

Normally I would say the best vaccine is the one you can get. Since you actually have the choice, I'd say Pfizer hands down. J&J is an excellent vaccine, but from the data I've seen Pfizer has shown the best antibody and T cell response after 2 doses. I think J&J 2 dose trial (currently ongoing) will prove even better than the single dose, but only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom