Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Damn. What kind of mask do you wear? Do you share spaces (kitchen, bathroom, break room, etc) with others unmasked?

I aint gone lie.

Basic black surgical off Amazon.

And yeah we share all the same spaces usually not the same time though.

I drive box trucks so it probably came from the cab.

And I deal with a lot of face to face with customers.

All bad.

I aint gone lie.

Basic black surgical off Amazon.

And yeah we share all the same spaces usually not the same time though.

I drive box trucks so it probably came from the cab.

And I deal with a lot of face to face with customers.

All bad.

Damn, ok. I won't state the obvious about those masks. Hope you recover quickly.

Going on a cruise right now is nuts - they’re a petrie dish at the best of time - but that’s usually “just” norovirus or something.

My dad looked at a doctor’s job on one once - thought it might be fun as he was retiring. Went to see the surgeon and the facilities including the large morgue and was left with the comment “of course the average age of our patients is deceased”.

So, vulnerable crowd in an enclosed space, yeah sounds great.

Going on a cruise right now is nuts - they’re a petrie dish at the best of time - but that’s usually “just” norovirus or something.

My dad looked at a doctor’s job on one once - thought it might be fun as he was retiring. Went to see the surgeon and the facilities including the large morgue and was left with the comment “of course the average age of our patients is deceased”.

So, vulnerable crowd in an enclosed space, yeah sounds great.

Hold up, are you saying they had a surgeon and morgue ON THE CRUISE SHIP?!

Suffolk County MAGA crowd BIG MAD right now:

Suffolk County MAGA crowd BIG MAD right now:

It's crazy how in some areas people have just decided the pandemic is cancelled. I walked into a restaurant to pick up takeout last night and it was packed wall to wall and I was the ONLY one wearing a mask... not other people waiting, picking up, none of the employees, nobody. Got home and logged into the PTO meeting for my kids' school and it was nothing but parents complaining about their kids having to wear masks, crying about having the school Christmas play outside (no masks required for students despite the fact they will all be shoulder to shoulder singing - mine will probably be the only weirdos masked), whining about the new rule where parents need to be vaccinated OR test negative if they want to volunteer in the classroom. These people are something else.

Hold up, are you saying they had a surgeon and morgue ON THE CRUISE SHIP?!

Yep, when I say surgeon it’s the ships doctor - but they need to be sharp on dealing with heart attacks etc - my dad was a family doctor and would have had to get certified in some emergency stuff he hadn’t done for a long time - and the hours were pretty brutal so it didn’t sound like the working vacation he thought it would be.

There are a couple of reasons for the number of serious issues and deaths (I think they said they expected at least one per week, may have been more - from memory the morgue had storage for 6 bodies?) - most cruisers are elderly and a lot of people do it as a last trip when they’re really ill - I’ve been told you see them get wheeled onto the ship. I guess it’s a way of seeing some sights while not having to really leave the hotel but because of that it’s a common occurrence for someone to die.

It's crazy how in some areas people have just decided the pandemic is cancelled. I walked into a restaurant to pick up takeout last night and it was packed wall to wall and I was the ONLY one wearing a mask... not other people waiting, picking up, none of the employees, nobody. Got home and logged into the PTO meeting for my kids' school and it was nothing but parents complaining about their kids having to wear masks, crying about having the school Christmas play outside (no masks required for students despite the fact they will all be shoulder to shoulder singing - mine will probably be the only weirdos masked), whining about the new rule where parents need to be vaccinated OR test negative if they want to volunteer in the classroom. These people are something else.

I’ve noticed I’m the only person wearing a mask in my gym still. I’m still not comfortable being in big crowds without one.

I’ve noticed I’m the only person wearing a mask in my gym still. I’m still not comfortable being in big crowds without one.

Feels like I’m the only one wearing it at my gym also.

when my gym had the mask requirements in place it was like 90% compliance with the other 10% not wearing it properly. And as soon as it wasn’t required, nobody would wear it anymore. Was recently threaten to have my gym membership revoked because I kept opening the door and huge sliding doors right after an employee closed it. The doors lead to nowhere except a small courtyard but it allows for fresh air. People look at me like I’m crazy propping the doors open after someone closed it.

calibeebee calibeebee luisfigo luisfigo You guys don't feel like getting home gym or your own dumb bells so you can exercise at home? That's what I do and I haven't been to the gym ever since they closed down last year due to restriction. I also have been running outside.

kingkoopa kingkoopa Get well. I don't think this thing is ever going to be over. I believe this is going to be a yearly thing, just like flu.

calibeebee calibeebee luisfigo luisfigo You guys don't feel like getting home gym or your own dumb bells so you can exercise at home? That's what I do and I haven't been to the gym ever since they closed down last year due to restriction. I also have been running outside.

kingkoopa kingkoopa Get well. I don't think this thing is ever going to be over. I believe this is going to be a yearly thing, just like flu.

i bought all the equipment I could fit in my crib but I just don’t have the room for squat racks or bench press with all the plates. I’ve done all
I could to not have to go to the gym but there’s equipment I couldn’t live without so I had to go back.

my GF did however set herself up to cancel her membership. She got a treadmill and all the accessory things she needs and hasn’t been to a gym since 2019.

i bought all the equipment I could fit in my crib but I just don’t have the room for squat racks or bench press with all the plates. I’ve done all
I could to not have to go to the gym but there’s equipment I couldn’t live without so I had to go back.

my GF did however set herself up to cancel her membership. She got a treadmill and all the accessory things she needs and hasn’t been to a gym since 2019.

There’s a “my wife hasn’t been to the gym for a lot longer than that” joke hiding in there somewhere…

Damn, ok. I won't state the obvious about those masks. Hope you recover quickly.
Don't think masks truly matter in some instances. My states biggest surge is still retirement communities and they're masked beyond recognition.

My state (NM) has been one of the worst for a couple weeks now. We're one of the most highly vaccinated, and we've had indoor masks since augustand nothing is helping. And even the Colorado governor called out ours, as we continue to push indoor mask mandates, as 47 other states do not have anything close. Even our youth athletics indoors is doing masks, as 48 plus states do nothing. There is common sense and then there's just flat out political theatre. No one likes to admit that.

We're still one of the only states under a emergency health order, with the ability of the governor to institute massive fines and closures. Maybe other states are doing something right? It's truly political at this point imho.

How is the most mandated and vaccinated and closed state doing top 10 worse in every single category since November 1st? Will we ever follow science?

Last edited:
Going to the gym these days you have to assume a good deal of risk. In king county WA you have to be vaxxed so that is something. But yea I've noticed more and more goers either wearing mask below nose or on chin.

wallyhopp wallyhopp we’re gonna have to agree to disagree about masks. I can guarantee the majority of people in NM (like everywhere else in the US) are wearing the cheapest most useless masks possible, spending way too much time indoors where there’s no ventilation, and gathering indoors unmasked for holidays, birthdays, etc. You always act like it’s a mystery how to avoid COVID transmission, but it’s pretty straightforward TBH. Unfortunately there are many who are at more significant risk due to factors outside of their control, such as their work or living situation, but the majority of people simply aren’t willing to make the sacrifices that it requires.

Going to the gym these days you have to assume a good deal of risk. In king county WA you have to be vaxxed so that is something. But yea I've noticed more and more goers either wearing mask below nose or on chin.
I have my amazon orders delivered to an amazon locker in the la fitness here. I pick up my stuff and i'm the only one wearing a mask, staff and members never wear any. Speaking of masks, been ordering the pack of 50 from amazon and i'm still alive and haven't caught caught covid.

Back
Top Bottom