Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
-Phase 1 trials for Moderna started in March of 2020. Pfizer in April

So there has been nearly 19 to 20 months since the first people have gotten the vaccine

Phase 3 trials started that summer. So we are approaching a year and a half for that group

We have been immunizing people for just over a year now. That is the history

I am not denying that. I am just not putting the same amount of negative weight on that information as you are.

-I have no idea what the point of " is medicine and a pill for everything under the sun. It sounds nice that we can create a cure in less than 6 months for this virus" is even supposed to mean beyond a flippant strawman of vaccine advocates.

Most of the world-leading minds in the field worked on these vaccines. And they are not claiming vaccines are the cure to covid.

So you are either being disingenuous there (mispresenting what vaccine advocates are arguing), or you don't understand how these vaccines were created (especially what made the timeline possible), and how vaccines actually work.

Billions of people have gotten covid vaccines, hundreds of millions in America. It is not a few million, it is way more

If you need more evidence than that, personally, ok that is your right to think what you think.

But your argument just comes off as a bit irrational
I’ve been a pin cushion for the military for over 20 yrs. I have had reactions to these “safe” vaccines. We have yet to see the full potential side effects of these vax. How is my thinking “flawed” ?
There is NO GUARANTEE that you won’t have any side effects wether mild or severe since there is NO CASE STUDY LONGER THAN 2 yrs! That’s a fact!
my thinking may be irrational because I haven’t kept up to date with all the trials but I know that I don’t feel secure until more time lapse.

I respect your decision. A lot better reason that “I won’t live in fear” “it’s communist” “joe rogan said I don’t need one” or any of that.

I respect your decision. A lot better reason that “I won’t live in fear” “it’s communist” “joe rogan said I don’t need one” or any of that.
I’m not against the vax. I believe In medicine when used properly.
Im keeping my eye out and definitely listening with open ears n an open mind. Cuz if this is the only way to combat this virus I will go ahead and get it.

I’ve been a pin cushion for the military for over 20 yrs. I have had reactions to these “safe” vaccines. We have yet to see the full potential side effects of these vax. How is my thinking “flawed” ?

You are using anecdotal experiences to make judges on vaccines that have hundreds of millions of data points in their favor. I mean the timelines of the bad reactions you got for your military vaccines have lapsed for a ton of people, your side effects were it was temporary. So yeah, it is flawed IMO. This just sounds like you don't like getting shots more than being concerned about side effects

Yes, the time has not passed so we have not been able to monitor if any long-term side effects will pop up. But so far things are looking good 19 months in a going.

But on the flip side we these vaccines have probably saved tons of lives.

People that would be otherwise dead if not for the vaccine. Also, beyond being deadly, Covid is known to have long-term side effects.

To try to prop up your argument about the potential dangers of the vaccine that might pop up, you implicitly handwave the damage it protects people from.

There is NO GUARANTEE that you won’t have any side effects wether mild or severe since there is NO CASE STUDY LONGER THAN 2 yrs! That’s a fact!

You notice how the goal post moved here. Last post it no history past a year or so. That timeline was supposed to be a red flag, a point of concern. You said...

" All those numbers don’t mean anything if there’s no history of people with immunization past a yr or so. How can u deny that? "

Then I point out that people have been getting vaccines for longer than a year, and you then double the period to time.

It is clear that the timeline is a major point of concern to you. But they aren't for me.

my thinking may be irrational because I haven’t kept up to date with all the trials but I know that I don’t feel secure until more time lapse.

Ok fine. I said I hope time changes your mind

You can be irrational, you can make chose and have views.

But on the flip side, people are also free to point out issues with irrational arguments and have criticisms of your views and actions

Again, I hope time changes your mind, and your family stays safe and healthy in the meantime.

Last edited:
If Covid gets weaker will you guys continue to get vaccines?

like say 3 years from now it’s not putting stress on the hospitals like it is now I’ll probably pass tbh.
Probably

In three years there will probably be combo flu covid vaccines. Probably will be mRNA ones

If covid gets weaker and turns into a seasonal disease, then I will treat it like I treat the flu down and get my yearly shot for it.

Probably

In three years there will probably be combo flu covid vaccines. Probably will be mRNA ones

If covid gets weaker and turns into a seasonal disease, then I will treat it like I treat the flu down and get my yearly shot for it.

i don’t get the flu shot, I’ve never had the flu that I’m aware of.

maybe I’ll continue to get it though because I’m washed and seen washed people die off some stupid preventable stuff.

My wife isn't happy this morning - today is the first day my younger kids could get their second dose so we were all ready to be at the vaccine centre at 8am - and at 7:30 her friend's mom (same one who has caused us trouble before) messaged to say she had just tested positive on her antigen test (I'm not sure why she took the test - maybe just routine, or maybe she had symptoms) and she had been in a car with her yesterday... Not for too long but I expect to be contacted by the contact tracing people if her PCR is positive.

She feels fine but we have new rules due to Omicron that if you are a contact you have to isolate for 10 days - previously it was only if you weren't fully vaccinated and there was an exception for under 18s (which was always stupid). So, no vaccine for her today.

Not the worst scenario though - kids can't have the vaccine here if they have tested positive in the last 12 weeks (for adults it's 4) - I had to turn away a few teens yesterday because they were too soon. If she stays symptom free then she can get the vaccine next week at least. Just a shame as now was perfect timing for Christmas - we're only planning to see family but they're seeing other people.

Seems that omicron is a big problem in the uk. Saw that they're telling people 2 vaccine doses isn't enough protection against omicron and they'll need the booster.

mercola.jpg

Just copped this :pimp:

Once i've listened to it imma be in here regurgitating dem fax.

like say 3 years from now it’s not putting stress on the hospitals like it is now I’ll probably pass tbh.
Yes.

There's still the fact that nobody knows exactly how COVID will affect your organism if you catch it.

Also, the older you get, the more likely it is to kill or severely incapacitate you.

yes, I would take a vaccine that helps prevent or weaken any disease that is highly transmittable.

"just the flu" is ******** because I've been wiped out from the flu and it's not fun.

i don’t get the flu shot, I’ve never had the flu that I’m aware of.

maybe I’ll continue to get it though because I’m washed and seen washed people die off some stupid preventable stuff.
Never had what feels like a really bad cold with fever/chills and body aches and you just want to sleep? I only know one person who died of influenza complications, but he was a previously healthy guy in his 30’s and left behind a wife and 2 kids. Super sad.

Never had the flu either unless I had it as a kid and don't remember.

Sickest I usually get is a mild cold once or twice a year.

Woke up to a mild headache. Arm sore. At the site of injection it feels warm and a little swollen.

Update: I was lethargic the rest of the day. No energy at all and developed a fever and chills last night. Woke up this morning and I’m better. I just feel a little off but that’s it. Arm not as sore.

Smell and taste are definitely gone.

Still mo fever, or cough.

Legs feel sore this morning.

Not sure if covid related or just from football Sunday lol.

This **** just sucks.

Your smell and taste being gone are your clues for Covid.

Being a transplant patient who is severely immunocompromised, I will gladly get yearly boosters if need be.

And being a transplant paitent, with no functioning immune system, I'm the perfect example of someone who should get some sort of reaction from the vaccine shots. I had nothing from all 3. Didn't do anything to me at all. Felt fine after the 1st 2 and was a little bit tired after the booster. I'll get them routinely, especially if my transplant team says I should. 👍

Last edited:
Being a transplant patient who is severely immunocompromised, I will gladly get yearly boosters if need be.

And being a transplant paitent, with no functioning immune system, I'm the perfect example of someone who should get some sort of reaction from the vaccine shots. I had nothing from all 3. Didn't do anything to me at all. Felt fine after the 1st 2 and was a little bit tired after the booster. I'll get them routinely, especially if my transplant team says I should. 👍
Have you read up on the new AstraZeneca pre-exposure prophylactic antibody drug that was just recently approved by FDA? Sounds like something perfect for you:

You are using anecdotal experiences to make judges on vaccines that have hundreds of millions of data points in their favor. I mean the timelines of the bad reactions you got for your military vaccines have lapsed for a ton of people, your side effects were it was temporary. So yeah, it is flawed IMO. This just sounds like you don't like getting shots more than being concerned about side effects

Yes, the time has not passed so we have not been able to monitor if any long-term side effects will pop up. But so far things are looking good 19 months in a going.

But on the flip side we these vaccines have probably saved tons of lives.

People that would be otherwise dead if not for the vaccine. Also, beyond being deadly, Covid is known to have long-term side effects.

To try to prop up your argument about the potential dangers of the vaccine that might pop up, you implicitly handwave the damage it protects people from.

You notice how the goal post moved here. Last post it no history past a year or so. That timeline was supposed to be a red flag, a point of concern. You said...

" All those numbers don’t mean anything if there’s no history of people with immunization past a yr or so. How can u deny that? "

Then I point out that people have been getting vaccines for longer than a year, and you then double the period to time.

It is clear that the timeline is a major point of concern to you. But they aren't for me.

Ok fine. I said I hope time changes your mind

You can be irrational, you can make chose and have views.

But on the flip side, people are also free to point out issues with irrational arguments and have criticisms of your views and actions

Again, I hope time changes your mind, and your family stays safe and healthy in the meantime.
So my experiences with other vaccines have no weight with the current vax?
u mean when the towers fell n the US rushed into a war and forced all their troops to get immunizations on the drop of a dime. just Cause u haven’t seen the long term side effects doesn’t mean they are not there. Just look at agent orange. The VA system is finally acknowledging the long term side effects. It only took 50 plus yrs.
you think that the sole reason that Covid has been “crushed” is SOLEY because of the vax? You are beyond reach bro.

you keep on spitting numbers of people immunized but there is no long term safety guarantee. Throw the dice if you want. My body is already filled with all types of immunz that I had no choice to get and won’t see these side effects until later.
I may sound irrational but you are putting hope into a knee jerk reaction. So u sound just as irrational

So my experiences with other vaccines have no weight with the current vax?
u mean when the towers fell n the US rushed into a war and forced all their troops to get immunizations on the drop of a dime. just Cause u haven’t seen the long term side effects doesn’t mean they are not there. Just look at agent orange. The VA system is finally acknowledging the long term side effects. It only took 50 plus yrs.
you think that the sole reason that Covid has been “crushed” is SOLEY because of the vax? You are beyond reach bro.

you keep on spitting numbers of people immunized but there is no long term safety guarantee. Throw the dice if you want. My body is already filled with all types of immunz that I had no choice to get and won’t see these side effects until later.
I may sound irrational but you are putting hope into a knee jerk reaction. So u sound just as irrational
-Your previous vaccines can make you less willing to take another more. That is fine. But you go well beyond arguing "I don't like shots because they made my arm hurt in the past". To make all kinds of flimsy arguments regarding the covid vaccine.

You are bringing up agent orange to speculate about a damn covid vaccine, so I doubt that I am sounding as irrational as you are.

-I didn't say anything about vaccines being solely responsible for crushing covid. Please quote where I did? Because this just seems like another strawman you want to throw out there.

I have taken three shots of the covid vaccine. Along with billions of others. No long-term side effects might pop up, who knows. If something comes up then feel free to tell me "I told you so", you would have every right. But currently, they aren't, so your "what ifs" hold little to no weight. You can literally "what if" about anything.

Last edited:
-Your previous vaccines can make you less willing to take another more. That is fine. But you go well beyond arguing "I don't like shots because they made my arm hurt in the past". To make all kinds of flimsy arguments regarding the covid vaccine.

You are bringing up agent orange to speculate about a damn covid vaccine, So I doubt that I am sounding as irrational as you

-I didn't say anything about vaccines being solely responsible for crushing covid. Please quote where I did? Because this just seems like another strawman you want to throw out there.

I have taken three shots of the covid vaccine. Along with billions of others. No long-term side effects might pop up, who knows. If something comes up then feel free to tell me "I told you so", you would have every right. But currently, they aren't, so your "what ifs" hold little to no weight. You can literally "what if" about anything.
I bring up the agent Orange as a slight reach but yeah they tried saying that there was no harm for the longest. And if there is long term side effects from anyone of the Covid vax I promise not to rub ur face in it. I just feel as everything is rushed and the appropriate step to release the best and safest vax hasn’t been done. That’s why there are so many changes in the vax and more to come.

What kills me about the "we don't know the long-term effects" argument is that there's no precedent. No vaccine has ever had a side effect that occurs months or years after its administration.
I just feel as everything is rushed and the appropriate step to release the best and safest vax hasn’t been done.
What steps are they missing? The COVID vaccines went through the same approval process as every other vaccine?

What kills me about the "we don't know the long-term effects" argument is that there's no precedent. No vaccine has ever had a side effect that occurs months or years after its administration.

What steps are they missing? The COVID vaccines went through the same approval process as every other vaccine?
What kills me is that all these people willing to accept anything that is deemed as a cure for Covid. But there has been constant changes to the dose time intervals and increase in doeses. This doesn’t bother you??

Back
Top Bottom