Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
So after the rapid test, you wait a few days for the PCR? My original plan was to quarantine for about 5 days, retest, quarantine until results. I don’t feel as bad or lethargic at first. That headache was real, the chills were real, the heat flashes while cold was real. They gave me Motrin, and some sort of cough medicine and that was it. Never lost taste or smell. I tell you what though, I used a remedy that my mom used to use(RIP), I got some cognac and heated it up and sipped it slowly. It has been helping me with the congestion, and plus it’s cognac so there’s that.

Some countries (ahem Philippines) have mandatory quarantines for all travelers coming from abroad, but you can only go to certain government contracted hotels to quarantine. Wonder how that worked out…

Also this is on your own dime.

So after the rapid test, you wait a few days for the PCR? My original plan was to quarantine for about 5 days, retest, quarantine until results. I don’t feel as bad or lethargic at first. That headache was real, the chills were real, the heat flashes while cold was real. They gave me Motrin, and some sort of cough medicine and that was it. Never lost taste or smell. I tell you what though, I used a remedy that my mom used to use(RIP), I got some cognac and heated it up and sipped it slowly. It has been helping me with the congestion, and plus it’s cognac so there’s that.
I would not retest with PCR if you’re trying to get out of isolation. PCR can detect viral fragments that you’re shedding long after you’ve recovered. If your symptoms are gone and you need to get back to work, take a rapid test after 5 days from symptom onset. If it’s negative with NO trace of a line you’re good to go, but continue to mask up around others (you should be anyway), but if you’re still positive then continue isolation. If you want to play it safe, 10 days minimum or 14 days maximum as long as your symptoms have resolved. The dry cough can linger for a while (my brother coughed for months).

0.jpg

In other news, I don't know what my mom is thinking. She tested positive on Thursday and asked me if I wanted to have dinner with her and my stepdad tonight. She was shocked and offended when I told her that I'm staying away until she's negative.

Makes no sense because she's hyper-critical of others when it comes to being irresponsible with COVID. Rules for thee, I guess...

0.jpg

In other news, I don't know what my mom is thinking. She tested positive on Thursday and asked me if I wanted to have dinner with her and my stepdad tonight. She was shocked and offended when I told her that I'm staying away until she's negative.

Makes no sense because she's hyper-critical of others when it comes to being irresponsible with COVID. Rules for thee, I guess...

Yea. It's a lot of people like that out here. She's probably following the CDC guidelines as long as 5 days have passed since her symptoms. Most people don't have their test results until like day 5.

She just shouldn't go around grandma, or take off her mask in the restaurant, but it's OK for her to pull the mask under her chin to eat, something like that according to the CDC.

How were yall side effects wise with the booster anyways? Like I said, a very slight headache and a sore *** arm was all I have (was yesterday when I got the shot). I might need a 4th shot as well since im an active chemo patient, which btw my last chemo is Tuesday. Started in August, cant believe in right there to finish.

How were yall side effects wise with the booster anyways? Like I said, a very slight headache and a sore *** arm was all I have (was yesterday when I got the shot). I might need a 4th shot as well since im an active chemo patient, which btw my last chemo is Tuesday. Started in August, cant believe in right there to finish.
I had the same as you. Sore arm and headache lasting ~ 24 hours, starting the night of my shot. Have you ever tested antibodies or T cell immunity to see if you developed an immune response to the first 2? IMO it’s a good sign that you’re having side effects, which indicates your immune system is doing something.

Side effects have been terrible for me - arm soreness for 2 days, tingling skin the first few days, rapid uneven heartbeat at nighttime when I am trying to sleep, then itching and hives all over my body started a week after and lasted for 2 weeks.

I had the same as you. Sore arm and headache lasting ~ 24 hours, starting the night of my shot. Have you ever tested antibodies or T cell immunity to see if you developed an immune response to the first 2? IMO it’s a good sign that you’re having side effects, which indicates your immune system is doing something.

Im in the hospital enough :lol: I dont need anymore testing but I have read reports on cancer patients with and chemo sometimes messes with the vaccine, something something I forget but I do still have a good range of protection, especially with the booster. The 4th shot is “just to be safe”. My first 2 shots I didnt get any effects at all besides the sore arm, which I dont think even counts. Isnt that just from the needle?

Side effects have been terrible for me - arm soreness for 2 days, tingling skin the first few days, rapid uneven heartbeat at nighttime when I am trying to sleep, then itching and hives all over my body started a week after and lasted for 2 weeks.

Damn, are those normal (or uncommon I should say) side effects? Never heard of the palpitations and hives.

zero side effects. Sort of disappointed because you want to know its working, know what I mean?

1st shot: Took a 3 hour nap about 5 hours after the shot. But its not unusual for me to take a nap. Slight sore arm but its the same for every flu shot I get
2nd shot: Nothing. Nada. Zilch. ****, is this working?
Booster: Slight arm sore and thats it.

Damn, are those normal (or uncommon I should say) side effects? Never heard of the palpitations and hives.

Myocarditis is a known side effect. They downplay the side effects publicly but the side effects can be severe such as anaphylaxis (opinion of an actual doctor, not mine), which is why they monitor everyone for 15 minutes. What other vaccine do they have to monitor people for 15 minutes after.

I knew better than to respond to him when he quoted my last post.

Call it intuition.

It went over your head

"But here's how I would interpret that test. If it's positive, stay home for another five days. If it's negative, I would say you still really need to wear a mask. You still may have some transmissibility ahead of you," she said.

"You still should probably not visit grandma. You shouldn't get on an airplane. And you should still be pretty careful when you're with other people by wearing your mask all the time."

Some countries (ahem Philippines) have mandatory quarantines for all travelers coming from abroad, but you can only go to certain government contracted hotels to quarantine. Wonder how that worked out…

Also this is on your own dime.
My dad stopped his annual trips because having to quarantine for a week or more would get too expensive.

Anyways, big difference between someone that won't take the vaccine at all and people that have have 3 doses with side effects each time and see Moderna CEO asking for a 4th shot in the fall, and think, hold up now, let's pause for a moment.

Back
Top Bottom