Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
It went over your head

"But here's how I would interpret that test. If it's positive, stay home for another five days. If it's negative, I would say you still really need to wear a mask. You still may have some transmissibility ahead of you," she said.

"You still should probably not visit grandma. You shouldn't get on an airplane. And you should still be pretty careful when you're with other people by wearing your mask all the time."

Nothing went over my head. I knew what time it was when you first replied to me.

My mom had a positive rapid on Thursday and is still symptomatic. Nothing you wrote applies to my situation.

But please, carry on.

Nothing went over my head. I knew what time it was when you first replied to me.

My mom had a positive rapid on Thursday and is still symptomatic. Nothing you wrote applies to my situation.

But please, carry on.

The CDC guidance is to isolate for 5 days from the 1st symptoms if symptomatic and she does not need to isolate after 5 days as long as her symptoms are resolving. So if her symptoms started prior to the positive test result, her isolation period could be over if her symptoms are resolving, per the CDC.

"Everyone who has presumed or confirmed COVID-19 should stay home and isolate from other people for at least 5 full days (day 0 is the first day of symptoms or the date of the day of the positive viral test for asymptomatic persons). They should wear a mask when around others at home and in public for an additional 5 days. People who are confirmed to have COVID-19 or are showing symptoms of COVID-19 need to isolate regardless of their vaccination status"

"COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation | CDC" https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/quarantine-isolation.html

shame.gif

The CDC guidance is to isolate for 5 days from the 1st symptoms if symptomatic and she does not need to isolate after 5 days as long as her symptoms are resolving. So if her symptoms started prior to the positive test result, her isolation period could be over if her symptoms are resolving, per the CDC.

"Everyone who has presumed or confirmed COVID-19 should stay home and isolate from other people for at least 5 full days (day 0 is the first day of symptoms or the date of the day of the positive viral test for asymptomatic persons). They should wear a mask when around others at home and in public for an additional 5 days. People who are confirmed to have COVID-19 or are showing symptoms of COVID-19 need to isolate regardless of their vaccination status"

"COVID-19 Quarantine and Isolation | CDC" https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/quarantine-isolation.html
She works at a nursing home. She got tested once she started experiencing symptoms halfway through her shift. The test was positive. It is now day 2.

Again, nothing you're saying applies to the situation in question. Go home.

My dad stopped his annual trips because having to quarantine for a week or more would get too expensive.

One of my friends got married this past October. Wanted to bring his lola back from the motherland, but she cant fly alone. So ideally, one of his cousins who was free would head there, stop by, fly back to LA with her. But between quarantine time and hotel costs it wouldn't make any damb sense. So one of his other relatives there had to take off work for who knows how long to fly with her and bring her back.

She works at a nursing home. She got tested once she started experiencing symptoms halfway through her shift. The test was positive. It is now day 2.

Again, nothing you're saying applies to the situation in question. Go home.

Got it, you didn't say she was on day 2 of symptoms in your earlier post. The guidance for ending isolation has never been based on the date of the test result for symptomatic people. It's always been based on when symptoms first started.

Got it, you didn't say she was on day 2 of symptoms in your earlier post. The guidance for ending isolation has never been based on the date of the test result for symptomatic people. It's always been based on when symptoms first started.

I really appreciate your fresh perspective to a serious topic. I am very proud of you and stand with you.

Under the new guidance with the backlog in testing and turnaround times, it won't be unusual for symptomatic people to test positive and have their isolation period technically end a few days later.

Yeah not having covid so far (I think) has me feeling like Picard when he was captured and they kept trying to admit he was broken by saying the wrong number of lights.
ThankfulIdenticalBat-size_restricted.gif

I've been to a Chargers and Laker game the past 10 days and I'm still good.

I might be Ellie from The Last of Us :nerd:

Not covid related but health stuff and I dunno where else to post, a girl I follow on twitter was walking her dog a few weeks ago and a stray cat tried to attack it. She tried to stop it and got bit and scratched pretty bad and the cat had rabies. She tweeted yesterday that the treatment and medicine wasn't working and was told she'll be dead in 3 weeks. Don't know much about rabies but read if treatments don't work then the virus spreads fast to your spinal cord and brain. Crazy.

Not covid related but health stuff and I dunno where else to post, a girl I follow on twitter was walking her dog a few weeks ago and a stray cat tried to attack it. She tried to stop it and got bit and scratched pretty bad and the cat had rabies. She tweeted yesterday that the treatment and medicine wasn't working and was told she'll be dead in 3 weeks. Don't know much about rabies but read if treatments don't work then the virus spreads fast to your spinal cord and brain. Crazy.
there are just a couple rabies deaths per year in the USA, so that's really ****ty luck.

looks like there's been an uptick in the past year but mostly related to bats.

Myocarditis is a known side effect. They downplay the side effects publicly but the side effects can be severe such as anaphylaxis (opinion of an actual doctor, not mine), which is why they monitor everyone for 15 minutes. What other vaccine do they have to monitor people for 15 minutes after.
Every time I’ve had a flu vaccine you have to sit and wait after. It’s not unusual - and it’s just the standard check for anaphylaxis - it usually happens within that period if it’s going to.

Rabies has to be up there with some of the worst ways to go out. Saw a post on Reddit once about it, and read up on it. **** is intense

Every time I’ve had a flu vaccine you have to sit and wait after. It’s not unusual - and it’s just the standard check for anaphylaxis - it usually happens within that period if it’s going to.

That's interesting. I guess where you go is more cautious. I've never had to sit and wait after a flu shot in the doctor's office or pharmacy.

Back
Top Bottom