Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Spoke to the head of Infectious Disease at my hospital the other day. As it stands right now, out all of our patients hospitalized with COVID 75% of them are completely unvaccinated and the remaining 25% either only have 1 dose or didn't get boosted.

Speaking of vaccine skepticism: isn't it amazing that the vaccine-skeptics are seemingly not skeptical at all about COVID treatments? Just seems entirely nonsensical to put a vaccine that billions of people have gotten without issue under the microscope only to turn around and blindly accept any treatment options available to treat COVID after the fact. If you could possibly avoid the monoclonal antibodies, remdesivir, dexamethasone, lovenox, etc. by taking the vaccine, I don't know why you wouldn't.

I'm reaching the point of burnout dealing with this day in and day out. It feels like we're in a dark tunnel with no end in sight.

Spoke to the head of Infectious Disease at my hospital the other day. As it stands right now, out all of our patients hospitalized with COVID 75% of them are completely unvaccinated and the remaining 25% either only have 1 dose or didn't get boosted.

Speaking of vaccine skepticism: isn't it amazing that the vaccine-skeptics are seemingly not skeptical at all about COVID treatments? Just seems entirely nonsensical to put a vaccine that billions of people have gotten without issue under the microscope only to turn around and blindly accept any treatment options available to treat COVID after the fact. If you could possibly avoid the monoclonal antibodies, remdesivir, dexamethasone, lovenox, etc. by taking the vaccine, I don't know why you wouldn't.

I'm reaching the point of burnout dealing with this day in and day out. It feels like we're in a dark tunnel with no end in sight.

Easy solution. Let them die. 🤷‍♂️

Famb I know people that refuse to take the vaccine because of the usually talking points "it was rushed, big Pharma, etc."

But openly admit they would take Paxlovid if they caught Covid.

And are mad at Biden because they think he needs to do something to make sure it is easily accessible to them.

Sometimes I just want to reach through the phone and punch them

Famb I know people that refuse to take the vaccine because of the usually talking points "it was rushed, big Pharma, etc."

And are mad at Biden because they think he needs to do something to make sure it is easily accessible to them.

One of my coworkers is a Vietnam vet marine who retired from the LIRR and went back to nursing school so his wife would stop bothering him around the house.

We were desk buddies for 2 days this week and he asserted to me that COVID was created under the guidance of Bill Gates and Dr. Fauci in order to make Pfizer and Moderna rich.

I asked him "why would Fauci and Bill Gates be interested in making money for Pfizer and Moderna?" and he trailed off.

I don't even think he actually believes his own nonsense. :lol:

It sometimes comes to that fam.

I think I’ve mentioned some of my family before - my aunt and uncle have been serious skeptics for a while, my cousin (their son) and his wife (ex nurse) are anti mask and anti vaccine and very vocal about “we just have to get on with it”.

My aunt and uncle have recently completely jumped the shark though. They only got vaccinated so they can go and visit their other son abroad. They refused to get together with my parents and other aunt and uncle but instead went to a buffet restaurant for New Year, and have recently announced that the only reason people are dying is because they’ve had a vaccine…

I always got on okay with them but I’m worried that that’s it - they’re in their 70s and I can’t see things improving. I can’t even talk to them now because it’s so stupid.

Also Deltacron appears to be fake news.
yeah not even going to waste time reading the article. makes little sense why a super transmittable variant would merge back with a less transmittable variant and still be able to out-compete its original self.

what we really need to find out in the next month is how protective omicron infection is against each of the different variants. given roughly half the population will get omicron, this will determine the trajectory of covid over the next year or more.

Damn

Outside of the beginning of this pandemic, right now is clearly the best time for schools to be using virtual learning. Yet somehow they’re firmly entrenched in their decision to not use it. Makes absolutely zero sense. :smh:

But sure, let’s ask parents to be teachers because clearly that’s a better option than having teachers teach from home. Wild times we’re in.

Anyone have info on what happens when you get a booster while having Covid?

I’ve been told that it’s not as effective - and that makes sense to me - your body is already making antibodies and fighting the infection so doesn’t have the same capacity to react to the vaccine.

The main reason though is that you shouldn’t be going anywhere and certainly not infecting a clinic. It’s not like it will aid recovery - it takes a few weeks for the vaccine to have any significant effect so you would have recovered (or not) before them anyway.

Outside of the beginning of this pandemic, right now is clearly the best time for schools to be using virtual learning. Yet somehow they’re firmly entrenched in their decision to not use it. Makes absolutely zero sense. :smh:

But sure, let’s ask parents to be teachers because clearly that’s a better option than having teachers teach from home. Wild times we’re in.
we give kids 1 week for thanksgiving, 2 weeks for christmas, 1-2 weeks for spring break, and 8-12 weeks for summer, but suddenly doing 2-4 weeks virtual in January is too much and going to ruin children's development?

i am all for having kids in school for classes but having a 2-week virtual period right now makes sense. it's also cold and miserable and nobody is excited about getting up at 6 a.m. in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom