Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.

dead.png

unreal. Even when proven wrong, they want to fight it. Always trying to move the goal posts to fit their narrative.

That man killed him.

fargin fargin glad to hear your case has finally been taken seriously.

Out of interest were any of your existing medical conditions auto immune related?

No surprise here on the large businesses front, a "Trump-appointed majority Supreme Court" would predictably do such a thing

Good news here (unless your one of those anti-vaxx healthcare workers), Vaccine Mandates are now legally approved nationwide for Health-Care Workers (hospitals, clinics, etc.)

A big loss on the overall mainstream front for a nationwide vaccine mandate for large businesses, but at least (RATIONAL-THINKING) health-care workers can feel somewhat relieved that there will be a vaccine-mandate in place for their hospital work area now.

My girl got her test results today...

Negative, despite sleeping right next to me and being around me the first 3 days I was sick.

Same deal here but she eventually started getting symptoms at my day 4. It’s day 5 for her now, and she’s pretty much back to normal. I’m on day 9 and I’m back to about 95%. Also, don’t ever trust the rapids. My biggest takeaway from this experience.

That’s true - the rapid tests should only be used to screen for asymptomatic cases - any symptoms need a PCR to confirm.

We’re getting that a lot here (everyone is encouraged to test and gets them free) - people are coughing but saying “it’s okay, I’ve done a test” which isn’t enough.

fargin fargin glad to hear your case has finally been taken seriously.

Out of interest were any of your existing medical conditions auto immune related?
No, it all mental health related, which is probably why, combined with when I claimed to have been infected, it took me so long to get taken seriously.

Never heard of someone completely losing their taste or smell from a cold other than having a stuffy nose that affects how things taste.
I had a cold a couple weeks back and my taste was all screwed up. I was really congested and the taste of ketchup or anything like tomato sauce tasted terrible to me.

Watching the morning news lately. Spikes in cases every where. Schools going back virtual. Masks mandates back. Seems like we are headed right back to where we started TWO+ years ago. Can someone explain to me why this is happening?

(For what it is worth I got my booster on Tuesday. Arm is still a little tender but other wise fine. Cell phone reception has never been better)

Two people at my job are out (out of 5 people) and I’m off next week. Lol. Fingers crossed I keep avoiding the vid.

Watching the morning news lately. Spikes in cases every where. Schools going back virtual. Masks mandates back. Seems like we are headed right back to where we started TWO+ years ago. Can someone explain to me why this is happening?

(For what it is worth I got my booster on Tuesday. Arm is still a little tender but other wise fine. Cell phone reception has never been better)
The omicron strain is highly contagious but usually symptoms are very mild. If your vaxxed and boosted then you have the best protection if you catch it.

The cases never really got low here in this country and americans just don't know how to act

I was talking to one of our APs and he said in the past two days he'd called over 150 families in regards to contact tracing due to close contact on campus.

This morning, my class of nine kids is down to just two kids. Funny thing is that of the sixty or so kids that I typically see in a day, only one of their parents has contacted me about getting the work they're missing.

The cases never really got low here in this country and americans just don't know how to act
Very true that behavior is one factor, but I’ll add to this: the Omicron variant is different enough from the original strain that vaccines were based on, as well as previous variants that people have been infected with, that the population has very little immune protection from infection. Memory B/T cell immunity after full vaccination and booster (or infection) is still proving to provide good protection against severe disease, so now that you’ve been boosted you should be relatively safe against the worst outcomes, but you should remain vigilant and maintain all non pharmaceutical interventions possible, including quality masks, distancing, good hand hygiene, and avoid indoor gatherings.

that's wild irresponsible of the school.
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say maybe she just got her test results back, but I still want communication that the teacher is out with COVID symptoms awaiting test results and that we should monitor our children for symptoms in the meantime. C'mon... I had to hear the information from a school employee, no official communication to parents yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom