Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Are you wanting to test for a specific purpose (getting back to work) or just curiosity? I'd personally wait at least 5 days, with your first day of symptoms being day zero. If you are completely asymptomatic after day 5 then test, otherwise don't bother until at least day 7-10.
Woke up last Thursday and felt like crap so tomorrow will be 1 week for me. I still have a mild cough, very mild sore throat, and a tiny chest pain when I take a huge deep breath. Tested today and I was still positive, when should I again? Pretty I’m expected at work Friday but idc really :lol: i wonder if I will be positive then still

Woke up last Thursday and felt like crap so tomorrow will be 1 week for me. I still have a mild cough, sore throat, and a tiny chest pain when I take a huge deep breath. Tested today and I was still positive, when should I again?
I wouldn't recommend testing again until day 10 (Sunday) or your symptoms have completely resolved. At this point you should feel better each day, so if you develop a fever or your cough worsens you should suspect a secondary infection where antibiotics would be helpful.
My sister-in-law is on day 8 and her symptoms are completely resolved. She tested positive this morning, but negative this afternoon.

Maybe chemo has uhh.. “toughened” me up a bit for lack of a better phrase but I read some of these covid symptoms and experiences that people have had feeling ****ty for a few days to a week or whatever, saying they been couped up in the crib (not just here specifically but on social, etc) and im like…that was me every other week for 5 months. :lol:

A week feeling sick? Cakewalk (ya’ll know what I mean).

Maybe chemo has uhh.. “toughened” me up a bit for lack of a better phrase but I read some of these covid symptoms and experiences that people have had feeling ****ty for a few days to a week or whatever, saying they been couped up in the crib (not just here specifically but on social, etc) and im like…that was me every other week for 5 months. :lol:

A week feeling sick? Cakewalk (ya’ll know what I mean).
I have psoriatic rheumatoid arthritis and I take methotrexate once a week for it. I guess it’s also a cancer drug. That stuff has me out for the count sometimes
Respect on the chemo :lol:

I have psoriatic rheumatoid arthritis and I take methotrexate once a week for it. I guess it’s also a cancer drug. That stuff has me out for the count sometimes
Respect on the chemo :lol:

I would assume you were informed that being on methotrexate generally results in you mounting a lower than normal immune response to vaccination?

24EC1A5B-7C13-44CD-83F3-226451035176.jpeg

Smh.

I would assume you were informed that being on methotrexate generally results in you mounting a lower than normal immune response to vaccination?
No, I went to my rheumatologist in July and he said I should get vaxed and we moved on with the convo and that’s pretty much all the research I did. I’m pretty sure I skipped a week before and a week after my vax doses but can’t remember
What do you mean by that?

No, I went to my rheumatologist in July and he said I should get vaxed and we moved on with the convo and that’s pretty much all the research I did. I’m pretty sure I skipped a week before and a week after my vax doses but can’t remember
What do you mean by that?
You definitely did the right thing (and by skipping a week too) - it’s just that the vaccine won’t work as well as it will if you weren’t taking a biological medication.

Your immunity is definitely better than you without the vaccine but not as good a response as most people will get.

I’m travelling through England tomorrow for only the second time in nearly 2 years - and typically it’s the day they lift their mask mandate!

I’m going to Wales though which I think has more sensible rules still. Going to be an hour on a plane (masks required though) and then a couple hours on public transport. Got my N95 though so not much else I can do.

You definitely did the right thing (and by skipping a week too) - it’s just that the vaccine won’t work as well as it will if you weren’t taking a biological medication.

Your immunity is definitely better than you without the vaccine but not as good a response as most people will get.

Isnt this why they recommend 4 shots in total for certain at risk people? I was supposed to get a full dose of Moderna as my booster (typically its half dose for the booster) but I got a half dose cause they coudnt reach my doc for approval. Spose to go in to get that 4th dose sometime.

Isnt this why they recommend 4 shots in total for certain at risk people? I was supposed to get a full dose of Moderna as my booster (typically its half dose for the booster) but I got a half dose cause they coudnt reach my doc for approval. Spose to go in to get that 4th dose sometime.
Yeah, we do that here - immunosuppressed people got a third primary dose (usually Pfizer) and then a booster (either Pfizer again or more commonly a half Moderna dose).

We had a national system that sent them all letters so we knew what they were in for. I think the 3rd doses were after 8 weeks then we do the booster after at least 12. We did them all a few months ago and just last weekend I did my first booster of someone who already had 3.

Definitely worth getting another one in your situation.

Yeah, we do that here - immunosuppressed people got a third primary dose (usually Pfizer) and then a booster (either Pfizer again or more commonly a half Moderna dose).

We had a national system that sent them all letters so we knew what they were in for. I think the 3rd doses were after 8 weeks then we do the booster after at least 12. We did them all a few months ago and just last weekend I did my first booster of someone who already had 3.

Definitely worth getting another one in your situation.

Right its called a 3rd dose and not another booster. So since I had my booster, a half dose of Moderna, when should my 3rd dose be? So yoire saying my 3rd dose would be Pfizer? Cause from my convo when I got my booster they said youll be back for another half dose Moderna sometime.

Right its called a 3rd dose and not another booster. So since I had my booster, a half dose of Moderna, when should my 3rd dose be? So yoire saying my 3rd dose would be Pfizer? Cause from my convo when I got my booster they said youll be back for another half dose Moderna sometime.

Thanks for the link, though it said I shoudda gotten my primary shots first (all 3) then booster. Well I only got my 2 primary shots and then my booster so now what lol. My doc will prolly say just go get another half dose Moderna I reckon.
In your case, your “booster” was just your third dose. Did you have any side effects from the half dose of Moderna?

In your case, your “booster” was just your third dose. Did you have any side effects from the half dose of Moderna?

Nope. That article says primary though, which means my 3rd jab shoudda been a full dose and then my booster a half dose. I mean whatever, guess my next dose will be the half. Ill have to check with my doc but im pretty sure thats what hes gonna say.

Nope. That article says primary though, which means my 3rd jab shoudda been a full dose and then my booster a half dose. I mean whatever, guess my next dose will be the half. Ill have to check with my doc but im pretty sure thats what hes gonna say.
Yeah, they screwed that up with your third one - not sure why they needed to speak to your doctor - if you’re taking a drug like that it’s obvious so I would have done the 3rd dose.

Too late now anyway so I would imagine they’ll have to just count that as the third and then give you a booster. The other way round would be a bit odd.

Overall it shouldn’t make much difference but I’m not aware of any research covering that.

Back
Top Bottom