Hide Ya Wives, Hide Ya Kids: Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic!

Are You Getting The Covid Vaccine?

• Yes

• No

• Only if mandatory

• Not if mandatory

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yearly booster gonna be annoying af.

I never had a flu shot or anything before this, and yeah its a once in a year thing but the idea of it. Lord.

It’s too bad many combined their mask mandates and lockdown emotions with the vaccine efficacy.

You can hate the masks and lockdowns but understand the logic that 90% of deaths happening now are of the unvaccinated. Some just say they don’t trust the government in total. That’s foolish as how many pay property taxes and wear seatbelts?

Lockdowns had negative devastating impacts and have now shown to be worthless. Many are lumping that with the vaccine being also worthless. It’s a sad bridge to die from.

I also wonder with the big deal employers make now about not having candidates, have they considered that they don’t have the candidates partially because some of them have died since the pandemic started as well? I mean wages and baby boomers retiring is partially the drive but to say that the almost 1 million people we lost isn’t any issue is downplaying it.

I love these tight labor markets. Actually makes these employers have to try to get people working for once.

I love these tight labor markets. Actually makes these employers have to try to get people working for once.

Ohh I do as well. **** we had a mid year adjustment this year which we never get. But I’m just saying. They keep blaming wages and stimulus and stuff along with boomers retiring but what about the 1 million we lost. I bet half were working age population if not more.

Ohh I do as well. **** we had a mid year adjustment this year which we never get. But I’m just saying. They keep blaming wages and stimulus and stuff along with boomers retiring but what about the 1 million we lost. I bet half were working age population if not more.

Oh I’m sure, we’re going to be finding stuff out about this Covid era for years.

What’s a mid year adjustment? A raise?

Nice. :pimp:

I just heard from my boss today we got another truck so I don’t have to work 80 hours a week anymore. :lol:

Some companies are trying I guess, our trucks are a half million a piece so I’m kind of surprised he bought one when I told him I’d quit if he didn’t.

You probably have to go to excessive deaths for that one. Although they say the average Covid death was 82, above our life expectancy. In some areas, up to 40% of small businesses shut down. Some areas are still seeing high overall unemployment figures. I haven’t really heard much on retirement figures. That would be cool to see.

I think it’s a combo of it all. More excessive deaths, more leaving for retirement, and a small amount still out of work (as unemployment figures haven’t quite returned. Sadly I hope when someone dies they aren’t still considered employable; they drop off?) It does seem odd that with less available businesses open, there are still quite a bit of open job listings. At some point you would assume it would balance out

Nice. :pimp:

I just heard from my boss today we got another truck so I don’t have to work 80 hours a week anymore. :lol:

Some companies are trying I guess, our trucks are a half million a piece so I’m kind of surprised he bought one when I told him I’d quit if he didn’t.

Well that was the issue for our industry. We were losing 2 people for every 1 we were hiring and our competitors were giving mid year adjustments so they sort of needed to do the same. Granted my group wasn’t impacted as much but others have been. They want me to chip in and help another group. I told them that I’m not working an additional 300 hours this year where the other groups managers work 300 less than me already. They can suffer through a few 90 hours weeks to catch up. We are all big boys here.

As long as the booster isn’t some typical medical ****ery it’s fine.

Just let people pull up to any location and get it.

Don’t make a bunch of red tape insurance non sense.

It’s too bad many combined their mask mandates and lockdown emotions with the vaccine efficacy.

You can hate the masks and lockdowns but understand the logic that 90% of deaths happening now are of the unvaccinated. Some just say they don’t trust the government in total. That’s foolish as how many pay property taxes and wear seatbelts?

Lockdowns had negative devastating impacts and have now shown to be worthless. Many are lumping that with the vaccine being also worthless. It’s a sad bridge to die from.

These economists took 20,000 studies/articles on epidemiology and narrowed it down to 24?

Last edited:
These guys took 20,000 studies/articles and narrowed it down to 24?
Yeah there's some issues with this...

It's likely that if we changed zero behaviors in March 2020 and let covid-19 spread like it did last month with omicron, we'd have a million dead in a month. But people changed their behaviors regardless of lockdowns. Severely. Many people were afraid to leave their homes.

To be fair, there are a couple things lockdowns were wrong about, like closing down outdoor spaces and parks, which the article points out. But I hate these sorts of headlines because they're trying to imply that staying away from people doesn't help reduce your risk of covid-19. That is absolutely false. How we implement a short-term lockdown and the unintended consequences of certain measures is worth studying, but there's little to be learned from cherry-picked metaanalysis.

Also, I'm curious how they controlled for the fact that the hardest-hit areas were the ones compelled to lockdown first (like NYC, Seattle, etc.). Or how they explain SF, which locked down early and avoided a major surge in spring 2020.

I mean **** if we're using meta-analysis

Yearly booster gonna be annoying af.

I never had a flu shot or anything before this, and yeah its a once in a year thing but the idea of it. Lord.

A yearly booster mandate would be annoying. I don't mind the flu shot because for me it has no side effects. The covid shots give me terrible side effects and I can't sit out of work for 2 weeks to recover, I have to continue to work through horrible side effects for weeks.

If you have no side effects to the vaccine, a yearly booster sounds great! Most people I know haven't had the side effects that I have experienced.

Back
Top Bottom